• 1155 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3867 Players Online
  • 2712 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

This Needs To Be Said

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Code Chungus, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mineplex just isn't what it used to be anymore and unlike what many staff say, this isn't because of Minecraft popularity.
    Lets go back to late 2017: Mineplex map 2.0 . I don't play on java but I'm aware that this update was extremely controversial, and the begging of the end for Mineplex as a whole. Let's review some of the reasons why players hated this update: 1.The new map was great for Bedrock but terrible for Java 2. Many beloved minigames were removed 3. this added a ton of bugs to the Java edition.
    Now all the reasons listed above would be fine IF the staff admitted there mistakes and reverted the update. I know the map was reverted which was great for java, but not so much for bedrock.The other two problems listed above have not been changed yet though. Now to the next part of this post: Problems with the bedrock edition.

To start off, why haven't we seen any good events for bedrock since halloween 2017? It was so much fun to go in minigames with friends and hunt down the jack-o-lanterns with gems and a trick-or-treat bag. I would love to see another event like that on Bedrock.
    When I ask about adding games such as SSM or Champions to bedrock I always get the same awnser: Developer's are working on fixing bugs before they add new games to bedrock. Well guess what? I don't see any bugs getting fixed! There are bugs on the Bedrock edition that have been around for years, and I know for a fact developers know about these bugs, so why haven't they been fixed yet? For example, Most missions on bedrock don't work correctly such as "Open chests on skyfall 0/15" I open 15 chest on skyfall and here is what I see:0/15.
    Besides that, I think mineplex 2.0 was a great fit for bedrock because of how big the map was compared to now.
    And the final point i want to bring up is players being ignored by staff: As you probably saw there is a suggestion with 500 upvotes to bring back castle siege. 500 upvotes. And its not even under consideration? That's just wrong that you're completely ignoring what your community wants.
    All I ask for, to all mineplex staff reading this, is very simple: listen to your fanbase. There is a reason why -snip- has a higher player count then you, if you don't start listening Mineplex will die.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  2. I totally see what you mean, The Mineplex staff I'm sure have been busy and although it's taking them long doesn't mean they aren't trying to fix it. You have to keep in mind the server has a ton of players and is hard for them to keep up. Again I totally see your point and they should try and help Bedrock but you must see their point of view as well.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  3. Mineplex is a constantly changing community, from staff, to owners to community members, it's always changing from games, to maps, to features. Every successful server has updates to maps, games, the way it runs and many more features, so bugs are always anticipated and we have an amazing QA team that works with both our Java and Bedrock Dev's to ensure that bugs are fixed asap. I really can't speak for the Mineplex map 2.0 update as I wasn't really part of the community at that update so I cannot speak for the update, but I can agree that some maps are better for the bedrock edition of Mineplex than the Java. As for the bugs, there will always be bugs in games as long as there are updates, thats why we have an amazing QA and Dev teams that work all the time on bug reports and testing to ensure updates are as smooth as possible before being released and fixed.

I can understand the frustration here, but one of the reasons some of the bugs have not been fixed is their client related, not server related, meaning there are bugs with the program itself which we cannot fix as we don't have access to the codes microsoft uses to program the game, while the server related bugs, our dev's have access to and are always working to fix/improve. Bedrock is a very different platform than Java, so some games aren't too compatible with the programming, which makes coding them very difficult, such as SSM and Champions. The code is very difficult to navigate on Bedrock for both games, so it would take extensive coding and testing to ensure that the games are relatively bug free upon release. 99% of bugs are known, but reporting them to mineplex.com/pebugs is always helpful. Large and more disruptive bugs are more prioritized than smaller bugs per say, such as missions, or the double jump in the lobby on the fritz, like an ER, bugs of a higher severity are prioritized over smaller ones.

The leadership and dev teams have reasons for removing games from the server and placing them under mps's and events or mixed arcade. Just because 500+ players vote for a game to be brought back, and you don't see it back immediately, doesn't mean that you are being ignored by staff members. Idea's are always under consideration which is why we have the ideas section on the forums for players to push ideas forward that they think will benefit the server in positive ways, which is where our ideas team and COM (community management) team come into play. They are responsible to aiding in the ideas process of the server coming from players like you, even staff like me to see if it would be a good fit on the server. We don't just go through the ideas and if there's an idea we dont like (we as in idea's and com, etc) and deny them because we dont like it, all the decisions made are for the benefit of the server. When we have thousands of player in a playerbase suggesting many different ideas on kits, upgrades, games, game alterations, events and much more, it's a little bit difficult for a small team in comparison to the community to work through all those ideas through great detail and break them all down and process them. The final thing ill add to this is we do our best to listen to the community, but understand that just because we are staff members, does not necessarily mean that we have control over which ideas get processed, which kits get to make it through, which updates are pushed, thats up to specific teams on the server which not all of us are a part of. I hear you loud and clear, and I commend you for expressing your feelings and concerns for the community, and the server. We staff are always here and ready to help, but keep in mind that there are a lot of things on the server that most staff don't have control over.

I'll be moving this to Server Discussion as its better suited for there

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    ATruePitato and PapiKirito like this.
  4. Completely agree with your statement

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM
  5. Yes. Holy. Carrot. Sticking. Yes. I made a thread on the challenge thing. I also made moderator problems, in which I said that they don't care. I clicked here because it had a dramatic title like Moderator Problems. I'm glad I did. Following you now. - Kitty

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM
    FluteVegetables and Steven190 like this.
  6. I completely agree with you. 1000%
    Absolutely no excuses can be made against this, it's ridiculous how it's been over a year and the numerous amounts of bugs on the server have not been fixed. I understand these things take time, and changing something can lead to the change to many other things. However it's been over one year and the staff have not been giving the community what they really want.
    If staff really truly believe they are trying their best, they really aren't. The most they're doing is going on forums and commenting how you really are trying. Maybe play few games on the server and truly experience the bugs that are making the players unhappy. I'm not lying when I say I have only seen a staff on the server twice, and that was before this year. I'm not sure if I can say this for Java because I haven't played on there for a while, but I can definitely say that bedrock staff do nothing more than a regular bedrock player.
    Players have been leaving the server and forums saying that they will be going to other servers. Mineplex really needs to think about what players want, and it's actually not hard to do so. I remember when bedrock players would list the current bugs on the server, but would be asked to file a bug report instead. It really shouldn't be hard to listen to what players want, especially since it's been a year and the only excuse that's coming out of the staff is that the devs are working on bugs when clearly none have been fixed.

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 2:30 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  7. @PandaFyre Completely ignored my statement about bedrock events, and didn't admit that developers have made mistakes. I thought staff might actually care about this post, but I can't say I'm suprised that they don't.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    el4ctrified and Steven190 like this.
  8. Hmm..

I have a suspicion that the client side problems are just a farce... a front for mineplex due to a reason that the higher ups don't want to reveal...

This is bc I've been on another server that was indeed able to fix the "client side" problems.

Anyway, if that real reason is income and income only, that's the first problem the server needs to fix.

No offense btw

-Star

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 4:25 PM
    el4ctrified and Steven190 like this.
  9. All servers are made with there own clients, they don't use the same system in general, it’s not like all use the same bedrock system so the problem happens to everyone. where some servers experience a client side bug, others do not, a bummer yes, but that's how it is, and sometimes fixing one bug creates another without being able to know it will happen. Changing how the server is ran I don't think would be a thing to do because it would essentially be making a whole new server, re making the games and even then still might have bugs.
    Bedrock in general has a lot of difficult things in the system which makes it hard on everyone.

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 4:58 PM,
    Last edited Jun 12, 2019 at 5:10 PM
  10. I have not even heard of any important bugs.
    --- Post updated ---
    No seriously, saying “they are trying to fix bugs” is a completely inaccurate statement. Duplicating items has been here since its public release. And what do they give us in response. They say it’s “a microsoft issue” so what has been done to go around this problem?
    --- Post updated ---
    Nothing, because they can’t fix it

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:12 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  11. @el4ctrified Exactly. The staff really need to stop making excuses

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:16 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  12. But that would be inevitable to stop. You can’t just have a long term goal and say that our top priority will always be fixing bugs

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  13. Another thing, they only respond when they the thread is about staff not listening, defending themselves and other staff, thats what ive noticed.

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    el4ctrified likes this.
  14. @PandaFyre stated the majority of what I wanted to say about the original post, but there are a few things I'd like to clear up:

The Staff Team at large has very little say in the development and direction of the network; that responsibility is allocated to our network's designated Production Team, which the vast majority of our staff don't interact with. Our positions are responsible for upholding the high standards our Leadership has set for the community's conduct, not to be involved in the content direction of the server.

If you would like to propose an idea for discussion, our forums' idea discussion Ideas Team will be more than happy to discuss your ideas and, if appropriate, process them for review by Production. Complaining about the direction of the network and unfairly blaming the supporting moderation staff with no basis for doing so isn't productive or helpful for anyone.

Our Bedrock Network's staff team is considerably smaller than it's Java counterpart, and the network is much larger. We're spread much thinner than players seem to realize. The vast majority of my Bedrock colleagues are actually extremely on the server and we're subject to the same bugs that plague Mineplex Bedrock as our players. The reason we ask our players to submit formal bug reports is so our QA teams can work expediently to-- as your keep saying-- give the players what they want. Our Bedrock Development team is constantly hard at work to remediate the various bugs and issues our players lament, and they do listen to your bug reports, so please be patient with them while they work. It's the honest truth and the most transparent we can possibly be.

Our Moderators and Trainees are considerably more active than most players and diligent in their duties. I'm not sure what experiences you've had-- or haven't had-- that have led to this conclusion, however, I'm sure our Staff Management team would be open to feedback when appropriate. This keeps coming back to the point I feel like I have to stress that our moderation personnel aren't responsible for the development of content in the server; if you'd like a staff member to formally process an idea or suggestion, please submit one in our Ideas Hub so our Ideas Team can formally process it.

The network's Development Managers have no reason to lie to our players and make every effort to be as transparent as possible when necessary. This doesn't mean that you will be informed of every development decision ever, but it does mean that it's irrational to accuse development of lying.

Certain client-side issues *can* be fixed with a server-side update, but usually those are only accommodating to a select number of clients which are subject to a very specific set of issues. If you'd like more information, please contact a developer.

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    ATruePitato likes this.
    • Slander
    OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:27 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
  15. He wasn’t accusing them of lying. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Also the development team doesn’t even speak on the forums to discuss about bugs or new updates

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    Starx280, Code Chungus and Steven190 like this.
  16. Now i see the problem. This servers staff team just makes excuses instead of addressing issues .

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:34 PM
    RealDiamondKitty08 and Steven190 like this.
  17. and How is it that java has more staff then bedrock? It would’ve been much more logical if bedrock had more staff considering that it’s dominating the java server in population

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:34 PM
    Starx280, Code Chungus and Steven190 like this.
  18. @el4ctrified I know! The staff just does does not give bedrock enough attention! if they did, we would not be getting ignored by the staff team

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:37 PM
    RealDiamondKitty08 and Steven190 like this.
  19. Yeah. Yeah. I know right, all staff, including developers, seem to make excuses/not care...
    --- Post updated ---
    ALSO, PRECISELY. I said this a whole load of times on forums that bedrock gets no attention, but everyone hated me for spamming a perfectly valid message!

Posted Jun 12, 2019 at 5:44 PM
    Steven190 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.