• 1479 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8604 Players Online
  • 7125 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed This message is too similar to your previous message

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Greyhound10, Dec 7, 2020.

?

Should this idea be implemented?

1. Yes

88.9%
  2. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

11.1%
  1. Problem
    Hey, recently I've encountered a bit of an issue. I understand that this feature is there to prevent chat spam, but I think there are smarter ways to go about this. Some problems I have is when I want to say something like "inc". This is a quite commonly used word (At least in CW) therefore it is often blocked. This leads to you not being able to warn your team. This applies to a multitude of words that are used in a variety of different gamemodes. Here's a short list: inc, gg, gf, gl. I'm sure there are more but those were the only ones that came to mind. I think that this "previous message" feature should stay but some tweaks should be made.

Solution
    I think that it would be a good idea to have a feature where after about 2 minutes the previous message feature resets. For example: You'd say "Hello". If you were to repeat this message within 2 minutes of you last saying it, it would be blocked. However, if you repeated that message after two minutes of you saying it, it would go through.

This may already be a feature that I am unaware of, if so, I think the cooldown should be shortened.

I'd love to hear what you think about this idea, I'm all for criticism. This is just a minor idea that I think could make the server more enjoyable. Whilst this isn't a priority, I think it would benefit the server, every little helps.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    scarlands, andr3w, Fusafez and 2 others like this.
  2. Heyyo! I definitely like this idea as I can see how annoying it would be to have to change gg to like good game and then back to gg every time you want to say it. Same with inc, ob, gf, gl, and all the others. This solution could still allow spam but it would be much more limited as they would have to spam every two minutes which doesn't end up flooding the chat too much. Either way, I think this idea is interesting and could be a nice feature. +1 from me.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. I think this is a very good idea. The purpose of this system is to combat spambots, which they are only able to bypass with macros that alter messages, thus making the process of identifying these compromised accounts easier for moderation staff. If there was a cooldown that still made it impossible to spam exact same messages, but allowed players to say the same "gg" and other messages you mentioned, the spam filter would still be as effective while ridding players of inconveniences that occur when the message gets filtered for spam prevention.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  4. +1. I don't really talk much in game except for the ggs and gfs, so its annoying when my message gets blocked.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  5. +1

Another issue I've noticed is that the spam filter prevents you from typing similar words in chat, which is problematic in DMT, as I sometimes know the word but am unsure how to spell it, or guess two words that are very similar. Because of the spam filter I have to type a "." or something else in chat before making another guess.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    SALB likes this.
  6. You can have a message that would normally not go through (when you're muted or like in this situation, when it's spam filtered) and it will still count as a guess in the game.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  7. Posted Dec 7, 2020
    illum likes this.
  8. A similar idea has already been accepted a couple times as Paladise said but yeah, this is definitely something I'd like to see sometime down the road.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  9. Hey! Thanks for suggesting this idea! As stated above, this idea has already been processed and will be added in the future. With that said, I’ll be marking this thread as processed.

Idea Processed

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    unsorrowful and anna. like this.