• 928 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3018 Players Online
  • 2090 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Things that need to be adressed

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by Gods, May 19, 2019.

1. After delaying this post for quite a while, I have finally decided to address a few concerns I have about the game. The problems I want to address are as follows
    - Remodeling of the kits
    - Team balancing

if we are to take it in chronological order, remodeling of the kits. The kits in Turf wars are some of the most broken kits in any game, I mean that in every sense of the word. Marksman is the only viable kit, and anyone that does not use it is regarded as a feeder, and for good reason. As far as I can see its the only kit worth using. The game has 3 kits, marksman, Shredder and infiltrator. If we are to start with shredder, the kit is an absolute joke. I don't know who came up with the idea to that kit but they really didn't think it through. It takes between 2-4 shots to kill a single target, and its arrow charge makes you a standing BULLSEYE. It recovers arrows at the same rate as a marksman, which is able to one-shot any target in the game. It makes no sense, and anyone that picks the kit gets out of the game with a k/d less than 1 cause the kit is simply not doable. Infil is an even bigger joke, that kit might be the single worst kit in any game Mineplex ever made. You get an arrow every 8 seconds just like Marksman but you can max hold 1, so if you use your arrow you're a walking target with nothing defend yourself with. Sure you get a sword that can 2 shot enemies, but id like to see you kill anyone with slowness 90000 you're gonna get pretty fast, especially if you kill someone. The kit can max hold 4 turf blocks so forget all about hiding as well, that's out of the window too. The kit is simply the dumbest thing I've ever seen. If you pick that kit you throw away all hopes of carrying a game, and instead, you'll become the person your whole team is cursing at hard your ancestors feel it.

Team balancing. I mean I don't even need to say anything about this. It's probably even more broken than the kits. There is no balancing whatsoever If you are on someone's friend list the chances of you being on their team increases exponentially. That needs to stop, the only logical way is to balance wins, and/or k/ds over the two teams so they are as fair as possible, of course, this doesn't count for parties as they are an exception.

So how can things change?
    well, first of all, the balancing thing needs to be implemented ASAP. Friend lists shouldn't affect teams, no matter what as that creates a huge gap in skill between the two teams. Infiltrator kit needs a big remodeling. First of all remove the slowness, its unnecessary and it makes the kit unplayable. I álso think the arrow recovering time for the kit needs to be 6 seconds, but still max 1 arrow in your inventory. That way it doesn't have all the benefits of marksman but it isn't useless either.
    Shredder needs a slight change. The charge up for arrows needs to be reduced so you aren't as big of a target, and the damage per arrow needs to be increased as well. That will make the kit more viable for now

My suggestions for the kits are all up for interpretation but the team balancing is not, that needs to happen as fast as possible. Feel free to comment on changes that could be viable for the kits, but the time for this discussion to be opened is long overdue

Posted May 19, 2019
    _Prof_ and PapiKirito like this.
  2. Hey there!

While I'm sure numerous concerns of yours are perfectly viable, I would love to see a more diplomatic approach to this topic providing solutions instead of calling the game's kits and matchmaking "a joke."

From my understanding, the team matchmaking is designed to pair you with your friends. The team assignments based on stats may not be viable based on the current systems in place and may not be feasible without significant rewrites.

Looking forward to hearing your solutions to these problems!

Posted May 19, 2019
    Jaxxy likes this.
  3. I agree, my tone might have been a bit satirical, but that was only so that I could express my opinion about the topic. And I do know the system is designed that way, I want that changed as it does not create an equal playing field and is frankly doing a huge disservice to the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019
  4. I 100% agree. Kits are pretty unbalanced.
    However... I don't think they really need changing. The game is based around archery and one shots. The other kits are there for a challenge or different play style. I don't think that a balancing of them should be top priority.

Posted May 20, 2019
  5. The whole point of kits is that you need to have to ability to tackle the main objective in different ways. Currently, the kits do not allow that. Infiltrator is supposed to be a kit for killing but it doesn't do that. the slowness is too big of a drawback. Marksman has a 2-second cooldown on arrows, shredder 4 and infill has one of 8 seconds. It's too imbalanced. Infil needs 3 major changes. 1. infils should start with slowness 1, and the slowness should disappear after 2 kills. 2. each kill should give you back an arrow, that way doing well is rewarded instead of punished with slowness. 3. arrow respawn time needs to be reduced to 6 seconds, that will make it more balanced

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2019
    Demoxx likes this.
  6. I do not have a problem with certain kits. I get that they are supposed to be different. Although one kit that bothers me a lot during my experience is the frosting kit in Cakewars. I get that it is the achievement kit and all, but this kit is hard to beat and hard to earn as well. If any kit should be nerfed a bit it should be this one. Teams don't bother me too much because people wanna be with who they know or who is in there party even if that team is OP you usually never see them again for a couple of rounds.

Posted May 20, 2019
  7. Um this thread is about Turf Wars, not Cake Wars.

Posted May 20, 2019
  8. Cakewars utilizes kits as well.

Posted May 20, 2019
  9. this is the turf wars thread, if you have any concerns regarding kits in cake wars then you need to address that in a thread under the cake wars submissions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2019
  10. I agree with you, this team balancing can create many unfair games. I think they should just have the players have a 50/50 chance to get red or blue, not to get a higher chance to be on the same team with people on their friends list.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  11. Regarding the team balancing issue it is designed in the code for a player to be paired up with his friends. It's meant to give players the option of working together and creating a strategic plan. @Notserp and I do this a lot in Cake Wars Duo's and it's fun! We don't win all the time but we enjoy it and if we couldn't do that it would feel like a major restriction was put on us. Also if friends weren't on friends teams this could be a way to exploit achievements such as Get Good from Cake Wars. (I know this thread is about turf wars I'm using CW's as an example)
    Regarding kit's I agree. I feel that as if it could be tweaked upon as currently they are overpowered. I suggest creating a thread regarding the issue's around kits in game alterations so a member of Community Management can see it better. I totally support your idea in balancing turf war kits!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  12. I 90% agree with you. I think the infiltrator kit should get slowness but VERY I mean VERY slowly.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  13. I recently got the Infiltrator kit, and I was really excited to use it. But the slowness effect starts too quickly, and I can barely get onto the other team's turf before I can't even move anymore. Maybe slow down the effect of the slowness so you can actually do something.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
    Admeen3581 likes this.
  14. The kits I think we're team playing in mind, not individual play.
    Shredder cuts down walls so then your team can shoot at them, if it's all marksmen then you can place wool down fast enough to cover holes that a marksman shoots down, but the shredder kits takes away a few wool blocks making harder to cover back up quick.
    Infiltrator is another team kit, but has ability to have more kills than shredder, but infiltrator I think needs some fine tuning to be a good kit.
    Over all yes the marksmen is main kit, but if you work as a team and not personal stats with kills then having people with those kits work well together, they may not have as many kills but they get the win, if team wins.

I think that shredder should have an extra hotbar arrow to use for kill shots, but only one every 10-20 seconds, so there is regular hot bar arrows then a second arrow slot for one shot arrows or arrows with potions on them.
    This has been discussed for a few years that I know of, even more so an achievement kit, which turf wars doesn’t have,no extra kit for when you do all the achievements.

Posted Jun 9, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 9, 2019
  15. that is not relevant, what is relevant is that everyone who plays the game gets a fair and enjoyable experience, and currently that is not the case. Majority of the games have less than half of the players left cause of the imbalance at to be completely frank it ruins the gaming experience. People that want to play together can always party, that option is not taken away. What should be taken away is the automatic inequality. As for kits, I still make the same point as last time, the kits are completely broken. They aren't useful at all and need a major rebalance if anyone is supposed to be able to play any other kit than marksman and have a living chance at winning. Its getting out of hand, and it infuriates me that people that have never seen how bad it is, are the ones deciding how the kits should work when they haven't even played the game once, and I highly doubt any change is gonna come after this post cause frankly, I don't think they intend to listen

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2019 at 8:55 PM