• 354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5597 Players Online
  • 5243 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Yearly Introduction Post

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vocaloiid, Mar 9, 2021.

1. (Seeing how I recently completed my 6th year of being on the server and my 18th birthday, I felt it would be good to introduce myself to those who don't really know me!)

Ahoy!

My name is Vocaloiid, I've been an (active? Sorta?) member of Mineplex since 2015! I used to be on Ideas team, Game Insights, and Game Insights staff. I also recently rejoined Translations Team after being a past proofreader for Spanish! I very rarely get in game, however you can find me here on the forums at least once a week.

My hobbies are collecting world banknotes (chances are, if you live in another country, I likely have your currency), music producing, CD collecting, nerding out over Vocaloid, Nintendo, and moderating a popular Vtuber server!

Even though I do not play on Mineplex anymore, I would like to hear your personal hobbies too! Thanks again for reading!

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    rilau, Zyta, Im_Ken and 7 others like this.
  2. Hey :) Another old player! I've also been on the server since early 2015, it's always nice to find fellow og player.

Anyways, hi, my IGN is Outlloved but most people call me Becca/Beccs. My hobbies are mainly art, musical theatre and writing. I love drawing, painting and just expressing myself, It's really therapeutic and something that passes a lot of time!

The idea of collecting world banknotes sounds super cool to me - how many countries do you have? How many do you plan to get? It's a really interesting hobby by the sound of it.

It's sad you don't really go in-game anymore but the forums are cool as well! I'll hopefully see you around on the forums in the future.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  3. Hey!

I already know you from the CMP but it's great to hear more about you outside of random messages in the Discord server. I'm Caleb and I'm 16 years old. I'm not as active in the CMP anymore but I recall you've been in the server for a good few years, so I always knew you were a pretty old player. Believe it or not, this is my ninth year of playing on the server, which is crazy to think about. I used to come home from school in the good old days of 2012 and play Survival Games before my dad got home, and then later in the evening I'd hop on to play Draw My Thing. Nine years later and I'm still here, but over the last year I've taken an interest in properly involving myself with the community through in-game, the forums, Discord, and anywhere else I can spark some interaction.

I wish I was able to speak Spanish, our school never offered it which I was really disappointed about when I started. We had the worst French teacher in the history of the world, who then went on maternity leave in the middle of our exam year, leaving us without any teacher for a month (there's a shortage in Ireland) a few months before the end of final term until they threw someone at us who I strongly suspect was not even qualified to teach the subject. Now I'm here with little to no foundation in any modern foreign languages, so you're lucky!

I live in Ireland and the majority of countries in the EU use the Euro, so it's safe to say you have our currency among your collection. I've never heard of that hobby before but it sounds really interesting - it's like having a flavour of culture in each part of the world right at your feet.

It was nice to learn more about you and I know I'll most likely continue seeing you around, so here's to that. Also, despite how things are at the moment, happy late birthday and I hope you had a great day! Congrats on being an adult :)

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Looof likes this.
  4. Hey there @Vocaloiid! It was very nice to read more about you in your introduction! My name is Amg, I'm 19 years old and from the United States. I'm a Cross-Platform Staff Member here on Mineplex and I've been playing on the Network since early 2014! It's wonderful to still see older community members sticking around, even if you don't play as much as you used to or at all. I think it's awesome that you know Spanish, and while I understand bits and pieces, I'm not by any means fluent. Becoming fluent in Spanish is a goal of mine and I might consider taking some Spanish Classes in College to further help me reach that goal. I took Spanish I & Spanish II in High School, but that was forever ago, lol.

Your hobby in currency collecting is very unique and I have only met one person who sort of does the same thing, but differently. I knew this guy in High School who collected and cleaned up vintage coins. His collection was very extensive and there were so many different dates and colors for each coin. It's definitely something interesting, and I think it's honestly cool that you collect a variety of currencies! As for your other hobbies, those are very cool as well! My hobbies outside of MP include listening to music, art, photography, working out, cooking, spending quality time with friends & family, watching netflix and of course, playing other video games.

It was again, very nice to read more about you in your introduction! Have a great day and happy late birthday! c:

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Vocaloiid and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  5. Hi Voca >:)
    I enjoyed reading your intro and think it’s very cool that you collect different currencies (I was amazed you had something from Iran o_o)!

As you know, I also speak Spanish and am currently trying to learn a few other languages since I find learning languages a beautiful thing to do :’)
    Some of those languages are Japanese, Farsi, and ASL (American Sign Language). Although I’m still a beginner, I have a lot of fun trying to comprehend them.

Some of my other hobbies include dominating Skywars lobbies (jk), playing other games such as ow, and playing sports/being active. I play Lacrosse and American Football in school and tennis outside.

It was nice getting to know more about you and I’m glad to be able to work with you on the Translations Team.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    skarm and Vocaloiid like this.
  6. Not sure how many as I get them as I buy them on ebay, however I do have one of each from the Americas, (Almost) all from Middle East, and even some from Iran, Cuba, North Korea, and Tunisia! (Usually it's illegal to bring local currencies out from these countries)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2021
  7. I also have the Irish pound as well, before the conversion to the Euro. Not sure how much it's worth, but its cool

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  8. Hey Voca,

Long time no see. Hope you're still as Iconic as ever. Miss you in the Clans Discord,

Isaac

Posted Mar 15, 2021
  9. Hey there! I've actually never seen you in game, but I actually remember some of your forums posts from a couple years ago! I remember you posting in the SSM section and reading some of them was pretty enlightening. But hey, nice to read about you in the introduction. It's cool that you collect currency from other countries. I actually used to be sort of interested in that too, after going to Canada a few years ago. However, I never got anything more than a Canadian penny and a Canadian quarter, both of which I lost. Since then, I've just been focusing on American money, haha.

Anyways, I'm also turning 18 this year, and I've been on the server since late 2014. I haven't become much involved with it, except for being on the forums, so, it's cool how you're in the translations team. I'm taking a Spanish 2 course at school, but let's be honest, I'm a pretty big noob at it. The translations team actually sounds like fun though. Do you like it? Does it keep you busy?

Well some other things about me is that I also like music. (bet you can guess right off the bat what my favorite band is.) Another thing you mentioned is Nintendo, and I just gotta say that Nintendo is awesome. Anyways, on to my hobbies I guess. At the moment, I actually don't have a lot of hobbies outside of playing video games and doing schoolwork. I'm finishing up my last year of high school but I'm doing virtual and kinda struggling with the workload and trying to learn on my own, so I don't get out much anymore. What I would really love to do is go swimming, go on trips, and probably start going to the gym. I just want to start being more active, which I really haven't been doing for the past year. Hopefully this summer I will be able to, when I actually have time and when covid starts to become less of an issue.

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  10. Ah yes, the professional disser of my wall quotes. (I don't blame you for that, it was a rough phase.)

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. yo

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  12. Hey!

I’ve seen you around quite a bit. I understand some people remaining in the community even if you’re no longer in-game on the server itself. I recently asked you what exactly Vocaloid meant on your profile, makes sense with the addition of CD collecting and music production though, cool hobby regardless.

But I have another question, what is a “vTuber”? Also, is there any currency you’re after right now that you’re having a hard time getting ahold of? Do you have hopes of going somewhere with any of these hobbies in the future? (Such as music production?)

Posted Mar 16, 2021
  13. I think I got banned, I don't remember

Ive dissed many people with my sour taste of sarcasm, don't worry about it lol. Probably outside of the server where I'm more open about my viewpoints, many people have said I'm pretty kind.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  14. A Vtuber is basically a person who uses an iPhone X and creates a virtual avatar to stream / make videos. It's usually to protect their privacy. You can look up Hololive, Nijisanji, or Vshojo if you're curious (They aren't family friendly though, be warned).

As for currency, mostly the Venezuelan Soberano Bolivar. It's super easy to find and buy on Ebay, but people overprice the stacks much much more than what they are worth. I'm trying to get a dollar's worth of each currency, and Venezuela is the hardest since the exchange rate is 1.8m to 1$, and I only have 50k.

Other than that, I have Cuba and North Korea already, which were the hardest to get.

OP OP
  15. Hey Vocaloiid, nice to meet you! My name is Thomas, and I thought I would give you a tip, since you want to collect foreign currency. Instead of buying your banknotes and coinage off of ebay ( you could get ripped off ) go to a money exchange. These are everywhere! Banks, post offices, etc. Plus, you can ask for crisp new currency without wear and those annoying creases that have to be pressed out.

Posted Mar 22, 2021
  16. Oh believe me, I've tried this. However for closed currencies (Such as the Indian Rupee, the Bolivar, the Cuban Peso, Turkmenistan Manat, Uzbekistan Som) and other mostly unknown currencies, this is out of the question since you can only exchange for these currencies inside of the country. In those cases, I need to go to an ebay seller or a special website which offers rarer currencies.

OP OP
  17. Hey Vocaloiid! I think I remember you back when MP used Enjin a few years back, but I'm Skit. Actually, I think I still have you added on Nintendo Switch as MrSkittle. All things aside, nice to see you again! I think it's pretty cool you're collecting foreign currency, as well as producing music. I'll be 18 next month, so I'll be going to college in the fall to get an engineering degree. I also did Spanish a few years back, but I think I've forgotten most of it, so I only know how to speak basic sentences. Once again, good to see you! While we're on the topic of Nintendo, you excited for Splatoon 3 (even though it's set to release in 2022)?

-Skit

Posted Mar 22, 2021
  18. I definitely am. I've died off splatoon, but everytime I pick it up again its so fun to play!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 2, 2021
    Skit likes this.
  19. Heyyy

I've seen you around a million times before, but it's cool that you're making an introduction for those who know less about you! I didn't know that you collect bank notes. I think that is so cool. I love collecting things too, and I have a semi-tryhard collection of world coins! I don't really go out and buy coins from different countries, instead I just go to the countries and save one and take it home with me to put in a jar. I so far have GBP, USD, Danish Krona, Euros, Swedish Krona and Mexican Pesos. I am hoping to get some more once Covid is all done and dead :) What's your most prized bank note?

Posted Apr 5, 2021
  20. well hello Vocaloiid happy late bday. you been on mineplex for a while, i only got into mineplex on the xbox one[bedrock] in 2018

world banknotes? i used to have coins from almost every country, had to sell it and alot of my stuff when i was laid off due to the virus[still am], its always a big collection as theres many many country's
    my favorite would be the old zambawee dollars after they ruined the economy but before they switched to USD dollars

for my hobbies is playing mineplex and playing mineplex and sometimes when im bored i play mineplex
    and when im not playing mineplex im thinking about mineplex

Posted Apr 5, 2021
    Vocaloiid likes this.