• 452 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3031 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The walls

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Korben2005, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. I absolutely love it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Its not bad

16.7%
  3. It could work with some changes

33.3%
  4. I don't particularly love it, but it might work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I dont think this will work

50.0%
  1. I think mineplex should add the walls as a new game so here is what I came up with!

You will collect resources to spend in the shops and create armor and weapons before the walls fall and the fighting begins. Each individual base will be something like a island in the bridges, and gathering resources will work much the same way, except you will be able to use emeralds, diamonds, iron, and stone in the shops

players will be able to "convert" resources such as diamonds, iron, stone, and wood into currency for the shops, which are brick, nether stars, gold, and emeralds.

there are 4 shops represented by villagers, one sells food (bread, apples, pie, and cake), one sells special things (like instant wool walls and deploy platforms, maybe things like fireballs, tnt, or silver fish spawn eggs), one sells effects like potions and golden apples (no instant dmg/health, or invisibility, or poison), one sells enchantments (nothing to overpowered, basic enchantments like knockback 1, power, sharpness, protection. Just standard enchantments).

there are 4 teams, blue yellow green and red, each has there own base, and they are separated by walls. Players will get 20 minuets to collect materials and build up their loot, after which time the walls will "fall" and the teams will be pitted against each other. After 10 minuets, a death match will be activated, and the remaining players will all be forced into the center of the map via world border.

Cost: default kit

Description: trusty fighter, never loose a battle!

Items: start with leather armor and a iron sword

Skill: take .5 less dmg per hit

Cost: 5000

Description: leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Skill: You can double jump with a 15 second recharge

Description: get the lay of the land

Effects: You have permanent speed 1

Skill: earn an enderpearl when you get a kill

Description: those who dare to face you will fall to your arrows!

Starting items: a bow enchanted with power 1

Skill: get 1 arrow every 7 seconds.

Cost:6000

Description: Fight to the death!

skill: (right click sword) deal 25% more dmg on your next hit recharge 10 seconds

Cost:7000 gems

Description: No cauldron necessary!

Skill: get 1 potion of regeneration 1 every 40 seconds with a maximum of 1

Cost: achievement kit

Description: live to fight another day

Skill: Turn invisible when you are below 4 hearts of health. Effect lasts for 4 seconds. Recharge 45 seconds

Please tell me what you think, and point out anything that I missed, as for the shops I would really appreciate feedback on what should go in them as I am not really sure what would work.
    This is a magor work in progress, so I am willing to modify just about anything, and I am open to all suggestions! Let me know what you all think!

-Korben

Posted Nov 18, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 18, 2019
  2. Reading through gives me the vibe of a couple of already existing games on Mineplex: the four villagers which are designed to be shops is similar to that of cake wars villagers, the separation of four teams into each corner of the map gives me the impression of micro battle. Adding it all together it seems like a bridges type of game but modified with added features and changes, although I like what you're trying to imply, I'm not sure that such a type of game would be an appropriate addition to Mineplex. I like the overall vibe of the game combining multiple aspects of different games, but I don't feel as though the game will have consistent popularity over a period of time and the game is not as unique in my opinion. I'm curious as to what you think about my opinion and whether or not you see where I'm coming from, nonetheless I can see your point of view but I disagree with the game suggestion!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  3. I think this is a bit too much like bridges and cake wars. In bridges you get resources and in cake wars you buy stuff in cake wars. This is also like the walls game on other servers. The kits are not detailed enough for me to understand them either. Does warrior always take 5 less damage? Anyways this is too much like other games. Thank you for putting effort but into this but I’ll be giving this a -1

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  4. I do see where your coming from, but I think you should keep in mind that this is a work in progress and I will be adding and changing this as I go, this is just my first draft. I will also be changing this to be more unique. Thank you for your feedback though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Abood likes this.
  5. Even if your changing it you would have to change the whole game because it’s too much like other games

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  6. he takes half a heart of dmg less from every hit, I also, again would like to say this is a work in progress, and I will be changing it and making it more unique as I go along. Thanks for your feedback!

OP OP
  7. The kits are also too op
    --- Post updated ---
    Also how long do you get resources for? The kits are too op too. The 4 teams are too much like bridges and cake wars and the villagers are like cake wars and trading items in for gold is too much like clans

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  8. Its a work in progress, do you have any suggestions on what I could do to change them, and make them more balanced? My intent was to see what people thought could be added and what wouldn't be a good fit. I will try to make better as I go along! Also you mine for resources.

OP OP
  9. I don’t think it can be changed. It’s way too much like other games. Technically you’d have to remake entirely and make it unique

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  10. I think it’s a nice idea, some of the kits seem a little unfair in my opinion. Permanent speed 1 seems a little OP, especially since all of the other kits have cooldowns and have temporary abilities. Maybe the person could have a feather in their hot bar. When they click it, they get a speed boost for a few seconds. Then it has a cooldown of 15 seconds or so.

As for the invisibility kit, I think 4 seconds is a bit too much, even though it’s an achievement kit. It would get annoying for others since the person with the kit would keep getting away from them. I’d lower the health requirement or lower the time. The cooldown time seems fine though.

I think the game definitely has potential, it could be fun. It’s a popular game on many MC servers as well. My only concern with the overall game is, like said above, it’s a bit too similar to bridges and CW.

Posted Nov 19, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 19, 2019
  11. Isn't "The Bridges" our version of the "Walls"

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  12. Heyo!

I've seen similar versions of this game on other servers, and it does seem fun, but I don't see it working on Mineplex due to the similarities it has with other current games we have on the network. The shop aspect you developed, while it was well thought out, is very similar to the shop for Cake Wars. The whole "4 teams have a certain amount of time to gather supplies and then the walls disappear" is very similar to The Bridges where 4 teams have ten minutes to gather supplies and then the bridges spawn. All in all it has potential, but changes would need to be created to make it more unique compared to other servers and our own gamemodes here on the network. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 19, 2019