• 272 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1248 Players Online
  • 976 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned The use of gems

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by hvnh, Feb 4, 2019.

?

Should we be able to buy more in the cosmetic shop with gems?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Currently I have over one million+ gems. There isn’t much to do with them besides buy kits and small things from the cosmetic shop. I think we should be able to buy more things from the cosmetic shop that a player would actually want and use. This being taunts, particles, arrow trails, etc. I do however get some are locked to due to seasonal chest but waiting around for seasonal chest is a pain. The purpose of games is to earn gems! I think we should be able to buy more things from the cosmetic shop. The more rare things in the cosmetic shop the higher the gem price.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  2. Hey!

I personally do agree with you that gems could do with some more uses. I think a member of the ideas team will be able to provide you with even more information about whether it is possible or not. I do think for the suggestion to work though we would need some actual ideas on what gems could be used for i.e. a new crate etc.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  3. If you have a lot of gems I would also recommend doing giveaways from parts of your gems, to help out other newer players that would need them more! @hvnh

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  4. I really agree with this. Over the years, gems have lost their value. We've bought all of the kits and are left with nothing to do.
    [​IMG]

So yeah, I agree and plenty others do, too.
    Any idea regarding which cosmetics we can buy with gems?

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  5. This is a great idea in my opinion. c: However, I am not sure if balancing the prices for buying the cosmetics (like crates or even items directly) would work out. For example, if it was too cheap, then the people with a ton of gems could buy a ton of the items. If it was too much, then new players couldn't have enough gems to buy anything.

An I had for the use of gems is to allow a gem to coin exchange. But, the ratio from gems to coins would be really high, meaning you couldn't get a ton of coins for the gems you used to pay for it.

Anyways, I liked your suggestion, and I hope something can be implemented for gems in the future! :D

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  6. What can you buy in the Cosmetic Shop? I have a bunch of Gems and I need to spend them on Cosmetics.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  7. I will always agree with being able to do something more with gems. A lot of people, including myself, don't have any use for them anymore. Being able to use gems more would be pretty cool. As for the buying cosmetics thing, I don't know if that's against EULA or not but it would seem like it is since you can get cosmetics from chest which are only purchasable via the store, or shards. But if it's possible it would definitely be cool to see.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  8. I definitely agree with this. I myself have suggested that the Gem fountain comes back, since players would be rewarded for donating their gems. However, I just think that gems need something, since most people millions of gems and nothing to spend them on. Overall, this is an amazing idea and I 100% agree with it, since gems need to have more than one primary use.
    +1

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  9. Heyo!

I think one of the main reasons that this is an issue is because there is no longer kits that are interesting to buy on the games that you can buy kits on. For example; I am not interested in buying the chicken morph on SSM. I think that there needs to be a new game or some new kits added to older mini-games that would make people spend said gems. Or at least give us the ability to buy a Mythical chest with every 100,000 gems. I myself have a large amount of gems that I never spend because there is nothing out there that interests me enough to spend them.

I think the Gem Fountain would be great to add back!

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  10. Just make it three times as expensive. 10k shards for a mythical? Set it to 30k gems. I think that's fair. Just set gem prices at a level which you would gain shards, so let's say if it takes 10 minutes to get 100 gems and 10 minutes to get 10 shards, then set the requirements so that a chest is equal for both in time (i.e. a chest that would be 10 shards would be 100 gems in this case).
    --- Post updated ---
    You do understand that if we set it to 100k, that would be too expensive?
    It took me around two years to get one million, and only getting 10 mythicals as a reward for that is not just. In two years just from monthlies, I can get 72 mythicals - so set it to something lower like 30k instead of 100k

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  11. mineplex barely gives out shards, and most cosmetics are shard bought only, buying shards with gems would make more sense but mineplex is trying to get people to play minecraft to earn chests

Posted Feb 5, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  12. This was previously the case for some cosmetic items like morphs, but it was incredibly expensive.

I think this could be added for some things, or some other gem sink could be added.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  13. I understand that it seems a little high but it is something that people will grind the heck out of to get a Mythical chest. For all the people that have over 1 million gems can just buy Mythical chests like crazy if we set it to 30k gems.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  14. Hiya,

Unfortunately, the use of gems is very limited. This is due to the EULA that is in place on almost every Minecraft server.
    I am not sure which "coins" you are referring to unless you mean shards, but if you have another idea, I would love to hear it. Anyway, a gem to shard conversion would not be ethical, as it would essentially break the EULA in place by Mojang. Other than that, if you had another idea other than shards, I am sure others would love to hear it. Personally, I believe that the two currencies that are in place now (gems/shards) are sufficient.
    I spoke briefly with a high positioned staff member on the team, and they recall it being brought up and ultimately violating the terms of the EULA as well. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact reasoning for this, but again, ideas for gems have been brought up a multitude of times and, sadly, have conflictions with the legal terms. The EULA is very lengthy, and I believe Mineplex would just like to avoid any conflictions with Mojang all together.

Overall, I would love to see some changes with gems, as I have personally stacked up on gems myself. One idea that I thought was really creative was by @Oscaros_, which said:
    If anyone else has any other ideas, I would love to view them!
    If you have any further questions/concerns feel free to PM me whenever!
    Have a great day!

Posted Feb 5, 2019
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  15. I do agree that gems should have more use. Currently I have 300k or so gems and the last time that I really used them was for the gem fountain way back when. Maybe bringing back the gem fountain would suffice, as I spent a lot of gems on that specific feature. I'm not sure whether buying cosmetics with gems is against the EULA, since I'm not entirely sure of everything that the EULA covers, so don't quote me on that.

I like the idea of purchasing amplifiers for EXP boosts, and I like the price range for that (prices are listed in xSebbie's post). It's a good balance especially considering how easy gems are to get, and it also takes into account that some people literally have millions of gems. So while I do see that Mineplex doesn't want to push the limits for the EULA, I would like to see some more positive changes made with gems.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  16. For those who are confused about the EULA:

It basically says that you can't spend money to gain an advantage over others in a game. Because Ranks get bonus Shards, it wouldn't be fair to transfer Shards to Gems because more Shards ---> More Gems ---> Better Kits ---> Unfair Advantage. I think transferring Gems to Shards would work though because it isn't giving players an advantage at all, as all players have the same Gem multiplier (x1).

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  17. I think a new use to gems would be cool, I’m not sure if cosmetics is really the way to go but any new use of gems would be cool. I personally think gems could be used for creating custom games in an MPS or something fun and fresh like that. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Feb 7, 2019
  18. While I agree that we should have more uses for gems cosmetics unfortunately won't be it. We have the shards economy for cosmetics and the gem economy for kits and community upgrades. Thanks for taking the time to write this thread. I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" however, I'll be leaving it open in case someone has any ideas for gems that they'd like to put here.

Posted May 15, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.