• 3823 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12403 Players Online
  • 8580 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Unofficial Guide to Fixing Shadow Mutes :)

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by LT Tombstone 77, Feb 22, 2020.

Tags:

1. Hey everyone! I thought I'd post this here, since I know a lot of people were experiencing the same thing as I was. I hope this helped, and let me know below if it did. I'm glad I finally figured out how to fix it and I don't want people suffering what I had to, so I thought I would make a guide.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  2. Thanks for posting this to help the community! Personally, I don't think that I've ever gotten shadow muted, but I get lots of questions from people asking why no one can see their chat on Bedrock. I hope this reduces the number of people in confusion :)

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  3. No problem! I love helping people out. Plus, I don’t want anyone else suffering what I did. Maybe I should’ve posted it under Mineplex Guides but I guess I wasn’t thinking XD.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2020
    tamman2005, Korben (gone) and Slipest like this.
  4. It has not fixed mine unfortunately. Still good to have this video up if it did for you, thanks for helping out!

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  5. Oof I'm sorry. I thought that was it... guess not. If it worked for me, why didn't it work for you? Well, I'm sorry it didn't help. Did you try turning the things on and off? It might help if you turn them off then back on. (Like to block)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2020
    tamman2005 and Korben (gone) like this.
  6. Still nothing :/ There's surely another solution though!

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  7. I didn't even know that was a thing lol. Good on you for finding a fix and letting the community in on in. Keep up the good work.

Posted Feb 22, 2020
  8. Unfortunately, this is not an 'Official' guide to fixing this issue, so I am going to change the title slightly. Albeit, thank you for creating this, although this method will not work for everyone, it is nice to see you helping others.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  9. Yeah, sorry about that. I was so sure it would resolve the issue for everyone. But I guess not. I hope it doesn’t lead to people thinking I lied... since it worked for me I thought it might be a fix for everyone too. I feel terrible for assuming that :/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020
    tamman2005 and Korben (gone) like this.
  10. Hey LT!

I don't play Bedrock but I'm sure this informative guide will come in handy for many players, especially seeing as it comes directly from somebody who was shadow muted themselves. I know this was a burden for you for ages so I could not be more happy that your time has finally come! It might not work for everyone and there are a minority who are shadow muted, but this was a solution for you so who's to say it won't be for others?

Hopefully this receives more awareness as time wears on and I won't be afraid to redirect a player who is struggling with a shadow mute right over here. This definitely opens a lot of new doors for you, if you know what I mean, and I can't wait to see you take advantage of them. If I do decide to hop on Bedrock someday I'll look out for your messages now visible in the chat!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  11. Honestly, I really appreciate it when people go out of their way and make guides regarding topics like these! Since we know each other a bit already, I know how much trouble you went through with being shadow muted and I'm really happy you finally found a way to fix it, just like I said you would! :)

For the video itself, It's pretty informative and I'm sure it will help a lot of people who are going through the same issue as you were for so long now. Seeing how it didn't work for Thenorn though, I guess it's not the official way to fix shadow mute, but still something that could work for few players. I guess that's just the issue with shadow mutes fixing themselves whenever they feel like it. Regardless, I feel like this is the most likely one to work out of them all, thus why I appreciate you making this guide!

Once again, thank you so much for making this! While I never was shadow muted on bedrock, I will definitely give this a shot if I ever happen to find myself in that situation! :d

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  12. Haha, it is ok! I am sure this method will work for some people.

Posted Feb 23, 2020