• 1481 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4060 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The tracker

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by °3°, Dec 12, 2019.

1. This kit would be for super paintball
    You start the game with a tracker that has 3 uses, you get 1 more use for every kill you get, if you die and are revived it gets will be set to 0. You have a gun that is a 4 bullet kill. It would shoot in bursts of 2 bullets with .5 seconds between the bullets and a reload time of 1.5 seconds. The bullets would have the same velocity as a rifle shot. You would also have perm speed 1. Please tell me what you think

*edit* since most people don't think a tracker is necessary I was thinking what if it was a medic kit? Everything about the kit is the same but instead of a tracker you start the game with 1 water bottle, whenever you get a kill you get 1 water bottle. You can only hold 1 so if you get a kill and you already have one you don't get another.

Posted Dec 12, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 15, 2019
  2. Base off of what you said I don't really understand much about the kit so I'm going to give it my best shot as trying to explain. As I see this kit I don't necessarily see a point for this kit as I think super paintball is fine as it is and them aren't really that small either so I'm sure it's not that hard to find somebody. I like the guns and the bullet times and the damage it does but based off of the main part of it I can't really tell what you're saying so if you'd like to explain more about the kit I will be happy to get more feedback! For now I'm going to be leaving this at a +0. Thank You!

Good luck with the rest of your suggestions! <3
    --- Post updated ---
    Oops I made a minor mistake, ''l is fine as it is and them aren't really that small either '' I meant the maps aren't really that small* My bad c;

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  3. I don't think this kit would be very useful. Paintball maps are small and games don't last very long. I don't see a player tracker being necessary or worth its own kit. There would be very few games that require you to use all 3 initial trackers and even fewer where the additional ones are used, if you can even get kills - my knowledge of paintball isn't that extensive but I think that the gun you've proposed is quite bad as well compared to the other guns.

I think the idea is interesting but compared to the other live kits is pretty mediocre. I can't think of many instances where I would want to take this kit over one of the others. It substitutes damage with an insignificant and extremely situational ability and it's not entirely necessary for the fast-paced gamemode that paintball is.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  4. The gun isnt bad but it isnt amazing. Its an avarage gun but its definantly not awful. Also there are some decent sized paint ball maps and often times late game people will be able to move around quickly and you wont be able to find them. It would also be very usefull to counter f5 camping and would help with finding and killing snipers. It would be a very useful kit if you are going against someone with shot gun because of how fast they can move with speed 2. Also there are a good amount of places to hide in paintball and if someone is f5ing then it can take a while to find them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2019
  5. The kit doesn't really seem necessary to me. As Xukuri said, super paintball is a fast-paced game mode and doesn't really fit it at all. Most maps if not all maps do have great hiding spots, though it really isn't that hard to find people. I really think that the current super paintball kits are decent, and adding another one isn't necessary. In the post above you explained how it may stop f5 camping, while this is true, it shouldn't be revolved around it. We have to be honest though, not much people use sniper in comparison to the other kits during gameplay, and hardly any games pan out to be that long where it's necessary to add a tracker kit. As for the gun, I don't really mind it and actually quite like it. Other than that, I just think that this is a kit that super paintball doesn't necessarily need.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  6. I feel like the tracker feature wouldn’t really appeal to a ton of people. With such a small map, it feels somewhat unnecessary to me. I understand that people can hide behind blocks making them a little hard to find. But that being said, more than likely you’ll have other people in your team to help you, and even if everyone else has died, it’s still a relatively small map.

The gun isn’t too bad though. I think it’s pretty fair as well. But with it taking 4 shots to kill someone, I don’t think it would be worth adding since the tracker feature doesn’t provide too much of an advantage in my opinion.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  7. We can all agree that currently, the gun isn't great - it's worse than all the other current guns. So, suppose you were using your tracker, and you actually found that person! Good luck killing them in a 1v1 when you are guaranteed to have the weaker weapon!

There isn't any scenario where I see this kit being useful, but if there's a flaw in logic of my argument above, please tell me.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  8. Heyo!
    I don't think this kit would be necessary, based off of your information on the kit, but I would say make this as an achievement kit in SP, but there already is one. So sorry pal, but -1 from me
    Ta Ta,
    Gardevoir

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  9. The gun isnt worse than any of the other guns. It can shoot as far and as accurate as the rifle, it shoots relatively quickly so it could also easily beat the machine gun, it can shoot far enough to kill a sniper, and the knock back would be enough to keep a shot gun farther away. Also if you have some skill at the game this kit coumd be considered one of the better ones, because of how far it shoots. The bullets have the same velocity as a rifle, which means it shoots farther than an mg with better accuracy. Also I just edited it to give the kit speed 1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 13, 2019
  10. Heyo!

This kit seems unnecessary and not very interesting and exciting. First off, Super Paintball is a fast-paced Arcade game and the maps are relatively small which sort of defeats the purpose of the compass.

For the gun, it seems pretty good and fair, bursts of two, so if you land those two and then shoot again, and land those shots, then the player dies so I think that's a pretty fair gun but I don't think people will choose the kit because of the tracker. I'm going to disagree, cool idea though!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  11. Hey!

Considering the game is usually very fast and ends quickly, and especially with a small map, this wouldn't have any real use unless it was end game and there is one player left hiding. Maybe in that scenario, this kit would be useful but otherwise, I don't really see a point for it. Even in that case, the game would have to end soon enough with the last player eventually attempting to run at the last person. I just don't see too many uses for it.

Another thing, the gun you suggested is terribly underpowered. Most guns can at least get a 2 kill and for that to be upped to 4 just because the player has a compass? I just can't see anyone using it realistically. Sorry but I'm gonna leave this at a -1 :(

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  12. Since it shoots in bursts it can get a 2 shot kill, the bullets do 1 dmg each. I made it like that because if it was a 2 shot killand had a compass it would be the same as the rifle but with a compass so there wouldnt be a reason. To choose the rifle.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 15, 2019
  13. Oh. Make sure to clarify that more so in your original post then because when you say 4 shot kill it makes it sound like you would have to shoot 4 times in order to kill someone. Maybe say 4 bullet kill or something.

Posted Dec 15, 2019