• 935 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 935 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Teaming is rampant

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by VolGreeno, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Every other game I join has a pair of teamers and it seems you guys don't enforce it at all. I have made many reports with video evidence on previous forum accounts yet nothing was done about it. I'm considering getting a few friends and trying it out myself as it's seemingly not a big deal to you guys. Smh please moderate this OG game a bit more there's typically 10 or less games going at a time it can't be that hard.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  2. I completely agree. That game mode is filled with teamers and it is very annoying.

+1

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  3. Hello ^-^

First of all I would say : don't answer fire to fire 'x3 I make things even worse.

For the issue you've adressed, it has to be known that mods never punish blindly : they want to be 100% sure about what they see, ingame or in reports, in order to not act or sanction players in a bad way. After that, we can let high staff decide if what you said should be a reminder for mods. Until then, don't forget that if a report you made got denied, you can always pm the mod to know better why the report got denied, they'll always be more than happy to answer you :)

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Rilau, Anna ♡ and ThankfulDamien like this.
  4. I think the main reason people can get away with teaming is because no staff really plays ssm. It can also be hard to tell if someone is teaming if one person camps and the other targets.

I think the best solution is to make a worse punishment for teaming in 4 player games like ssm, where it ia a greater advantage.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    pooleggs, Grant138, Rilau and 3 others like this.
  5. For god sake I get teamed on every time when I play.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
  6. I'm sorry you've experienced teaming =(

I assure you that we do care. as @TheStudentUnion states, it's not all that easy to distinguish between teaming, targeting, or camping. I play SSM quite a bit, and I know your pain. However, we need concrete evidence of teaming, i.e. players standing next to each other without attacking one another multiple times in order to execute a punishment. Even if it's evident that players aren't attacking one another, this is not the same thing as teaming, and could simply be targeting.

Be sure you are up to date on how to submit a forums report via the forums report guide. If you still believe the evidence was sufficient for a punishment, you can message the Reports Patrol member who handled the report to talk about it.

Even if someone else isn't punished for breaking the rules, please do not break the rules yourself.

Once again, I am greatly sorry that you are running into rule breakers, but hopefully I could help or at least clear some things up.

Posted Oct 31, 2020
    Fusafez, Anna ♡ and MysticMaster779 like this.
  7. Teaming is kind of the reason why I don't play this game anymore, that and it hasn't been updated in a very long time. Teaming is a problem in SSM I guess why people do it is either there friends in a party and want a 1v1 after everyone is dead, or just farming for wins.

and yes i do also agree, I can't remember the last time I've seen people get punished for teaming. even though its happening everywhere and not just SSM.

Posted Oct 31, 2020
  8. Most of the time it's 3 people in a game who are constantly ring around the rosey-ing each other. Where let's just say for an example. Im targeting a player named Joe. And the 3rd person, let's call him Mama. Im targeting Joe and the entire time, Mama isn't fighting because they don't want to die, so what they do instead is they just constantly interrupt the fight by using range, or quick movements of melee in the fight.

This is the annoying problem with having 3 people left in the fight. Because it really just becomes a 1v1 + 1 instead of a 1v1v1. Where whoever wins that 1v1 will be down stocks, and then have to fight someone at typically a higher stock which is unfair for obv reasons.

If you're in a really courteous lobby, what youll see typically happen is 2 1v1's, then a final 1v1 for a winner which is a really nice way of playing the game because then you don't have people constantly targeting you, and you know you dont have to worry about 2 other players while you're in a fight.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Honestly I would love to see a new gamemode for ssm for solely just 1v1ing people and have it count as a different stat with obviously less exp, gems, shards if you win.

The way I would want to have that set up is very customizable:

-you are able to vote for any currently live map (If players vote for 2 different maps, it's just decides from the 2 with a 50% chance for each map)

-You are able to vote whether or not you want a randomized kit for both players to receive (If 1 player votes no, 1 votes yes, default goes to no randomization)

-You can vote for how many stocks (1 stock-10 stocks) (10 being the limit to prevent the game from being too long)

-Vote for crystal turned on or turned off (If 1 player votes yes, 1 votes no, default goes to it saying no)

-Access to all kits except achievement ones. (Must pay certain amount of gems to play them before getting all the achievements sorta like what is in /coms

Note for statbooster: The amount of rewards should be set limit of a what is similar to an individual game of nano. Meaning a game can realistically give you no more than around ~200 exp ~100 gems, ~100 shards for a win. (this is taking into account getting 12/12 gem hunter achievement.) Players with the max gem hunter achievement should be getting these numbers as the very highest limit of rewards.

I think @TheStudentUnion has mentioned this idea before but it should be mentioned again.

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    Grant138 and kim_crazy like this.
  9. Sadly this idea wasnt approved by GI due to "lack of dev time" and "splitting up the community".

My idea was addressing 3 things, 1v1 gamemode being one of them. It would be a training area for experienced players who want to practice their combos, a tutorial for new players, and a place where people without ranks can 1v1.

I disagree with the idea of it counting as a different stat. In my opinion, it shouldnt be a stat at all, as it would defeat the purpose of the gamemode being to practice and learn ssm, and will encourage people to just farm the game to get on the leaderboards. There should only be a few shards and gems given after each game (no xp).

I do agree that 1v1v1s are very annoying and unfair. Especially since kits like wolf and spider could just run around the map while the 2 other players kill eachother. Sadly, I don't think theres anything that could be done about this.

Posted Nov 5, 2020
  10. cool idea, but I don't see the kit randomization thing working out

Posted Nov 5, 2020
  11. Hello! I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with teaming in Super Smash Mobs and I totally understand where you're coming from. As Rilau as said above, we need to be one-hundred percent certain they are teaming and not attacking each-other within melee range before punishing players. If you encounter teaming though I suggest using the following alternative methods of reporting them for a quicker response from staff members.

- Join the StaffRequest community and place a report there for staff members to come and watch
    - Report teaming in /a in Lobby-1 as there are usually Staff Members there
    - Use the /report command and a moderator will do their best to handle the report as soon as possible

Good luck!

Posted Nov 5, 2020
  12. I really understand where you're coming from, and it really is painful to play against teamers. It's hard to distinguish with 100% evidence though to really prove in they are teamers. Another bit of advice I have to offer, is to try joining the community StaffRequest, ask a staff member how to join next time you see one. You can contact staff this way, in the middle of your game to come to your aid and that's what helps me. Hopefully your future games go better!

Posted Nov 7, 2020
  13. I totally agree that teaming is unfair. They should get Sentinel like CubeCraft has. Sentinel seems very affective and good at making minigames on Minecraft servers more fair. Sentinel can also ban anyone that is caught hacking or cheating or playing unfairly.

Posted Nov 7, 2020
  14. Mineplex already has an anti cheat called Gwen. Although our anti cheat is somewhat decent against blatant cheaters, it cannot ban teamers since it would be literally impossible for a coded anti cheat to ban someone who is not following the rules, but it can ban people cheating with hacks.

Posted Nov 7, 2020
  15. You should try skywars, if you're part of the LB teaming/boosting ring you don't get banned no matter how obvious it is

Posted Nov 8, 2020
  16. I agree. There are situations when there might be three players left in the game and it's pretty obvious that one is aiding the other, but we can't punish as the scenario does not fall under the instances of teaming that are sufficient to punish for. An example of this is when Player 1 and Player 2 are fighting each other, Player 3 camps on top of a tree, regularly intervening in the fight to get in one or two hits on Player 2 before going back to their spot. Hilly describes something similar in his post above. Because Player 1 and Player 3 are not within a few blocks' range and not fighting each other for long enough to prove there's intent to team, we can't do anything.

It's the same thing when Player 1 attacks Player 2, moves away, and then Player 3 attacks Player 2 and moves away. Player 1 and Player 3 technically aren't fighting together (next to one another) so it's not sufficient. With a classic case of targeting, players can just argue they were aiming to eliminate someone who they believed to pose the biggest threat. This is what I see quite often when I'm processing forum reports. I understand that this might actually be the case and there is some risk of issuing an unfair punishment, but 95% of the time, the players seem to know what they're doing and are cleverly loopholing the teaming rule.

The unfortunate thing is that I don't see these guidelines being changed (the instances in which we can punish for teaming in SSM). We will always be told that if two players aren't next to each other, blatantly running/fighting together or refusing to attack each other in melee range, then we can't definitively say they have intent to team. Sadly the only thing two people who want to team need to know is that if they're not next to each other, it makes it more difficult for them to be punished - and that's what's exploited. It can make it look just like a case of exhibiting normal gameplay behaviour like targeting the 'better' player.

Remember you can always report @ mineplex.com/reports either way and we might be able to spot something that's sufficient for Teaming. It's always better to report even if you're not completely sure, because at the end of the day, it's our job to review the evidence and make a decision. I do understand the problem at hand though and I'm sorry about that. I'll see if I can talk to R.C about it and find out if there's any way there can be a potential consequence for the players doing what I described above.

Posted Nov 8, 2020