• 540 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3119 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The Taser Hunter Idea Is Probably Better With Bow

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by oASD, Jan 26, 2020.

1. I understand that people who play Block Hunt (BH) aren't fond of the Hunter's Achievement Kit and don't think it's as worth it as they might of thought at first when they got all of the achievements.

As that been said even though the Kit Description says the following:
    "Stun the running Hiders to catch up to them with this powerful taser!" "Sure a taser to stun the player it hits. Applies Slowness and Blindness 2 for 2 seconds."
    https://imgur.com/UUhbZVZ
    Also to do that taser you right click stone sword, but scratch that idea. The actual problem is the fact that the cooldown between each taser is 15 seconds long

So like a part of the description gave me and idea
    Even though it says "Fire a taser to stun the player it hits", what else do you use that involves the word fire? I mean, it's kinda an obvious logic that you fire arrows with a bow.
    So why not make it like the taser is the arrow you fire from the use of the bow and if the arrow hits a Hider, they will get Slowness and Blindness 2 for 2+ seconds
    I don't think the cooldown should be 15 seconds, but maybe 10 seconds

I mean, what can Taser Hunters do if the Hiders have like Ultra or Hyper axe and they boosted away from the Taser Hunter? The sword isn't gonna be very useful in anyway because the Hiders can escape and even though if you right click the stone sword to fire taste, it doesn't go very far at all

So I was thinking, since a 3 second pulled back bow can shoot arrows quite far, why not have this type of tactic on the bow instead and have the sword do nothing like it is currently with both Bomber and Radar Hunter kits

Note: I don't know if you will agree with this idea, but I was only trying to think of a way to make the Taser Hunter kit in better usage than it is currently at the moment

Posted Jan 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 27, 2020
    DC_20, Xukuwu and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. I'm not sure how I feel about this idea. Typically speaking, as in the real world, tasers are a close-range weapon used to disable someone when a ranged weapon is not appropriate. That being said, utilizing a bow to accomplish this effect makes it more of a powerful ranged weapon and less of a close-range disabling weapon. Although the description may be misleading, I think ultimately it needs to stay the same.

Additionally, removing the cooldown would essentially make this an extremely overpowered ability that I feel would take the focus off of finding other players in the game and put it on just shooting them. If hiders decide to run, they could simply be taking out easily by this kit, and hiders that are camping (the ones that are visible but hard to get to) could also easily be taken out by this effect.

I think that this taser is the fine the way it is, honestly. Having the taser as something you can only use in close range keeps the kits balanced in my opinion and giving it the ability to shoot from far away would throw it off balance. I be leaving this as a -1 for now.

Posted Jan 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 26, 2020
  3. I agree that the kit would be more effective with a bow. However, I think instead of there being no cooldown, it could work the same as Champions bow abilities, where you left-click to charge the ability and the next arrow applies the effect. This could have a cooldown of around 8-10 seconds, otherwise hiders would never have a chance of escaping from you once they've been hit.

They could also instead get a fishing rod that deals no knockback (to prevent boosting hiders) but if it hits a hider it applies the slowness and blindness. This does have the issue of being completely useless at a longer range, but that does mean it's easier to outplay as a hider.

Regardless of what ends up being decided upon, taser needs to be changed because currently, it is worthless in almost every scenario. You have to block with your sword, slowing you down, and the beam travels at almost a walking pace. I don't think I've seen anyone use in the 200+ games I've played since it was released which in itself is enough to show that the kit needs to be reworked.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. bows are already pretty op in block hunt but i agree that taser is bad atm. some fixes would just be reducing the cooldown, making the taser instant, making the effects last longer and making normal hits with the sword tase for 1 second

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  5. I think that the taser kit might be a bit unbalanced, it might need a big cooldown as once the taser hits the hider, well the hider will be dead because hunters will probably notice it and will kill the hider.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  6. I'd agree that the taser needs to get changed a bit considering it's quite hard to hit players that are running away from you when the taser doesn't travel fast. I think making the taser act more like a static laser (SSM) would be the best way to improve the kit as it would make the kit a bit more effective when seeking hiders. Maybe not exactly like the SSM ability but possibly something similar. The point is to stun hiders but with the current ability, it usually misses more than half of the time. As for a bow, I'm a bit neutral but that would be better than blocking with your sword and the taser particles traveling at like 3 blocks per second. No matter what the change is, I'd definitely agree with making the taser at least a bit faster.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Xukuwu and oASD like this.