• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4959 Players Online
  • 4959 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The State of Turf (Party) Wars today...

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by realmraka, Mar 27, 2019.

1. I guess I have to step foot into this conversation. Like atkns, I havve been playing Turf Wars from since I've join Mineplex, back in 2015. I loved it, even though I was legit trash. Going back to it now, the lack of fun i see in the game, is tremendous. Mostly all the good players are on one side, and they know what they are doing. The inexperience or new players are on the other side, and they have no clue. If I was playing turf wars how l was playing back in 2015, I would quit. Turf Wars is a very good game and very well put together. If someones adressing about Turf Wars, it must be for a good reason. As Atkns (The leader of McThicc and owner of the TWL organization) said, the competitiveness of each game is going into the wrong direction.

Speaking for myself here, the party system will not change just for certain games. That is a lot of work and will revamp the whole party system for every game. I believe this because the staff wouldn't add anything or change something that already exsisted just for 2-3 games. It must be controversal in order to actually be considered. It sucks to say some members of the Staff team tunnel visions a lot, hence why I want to apply for staff to address minor situations such as bug reports or game mechanics. I really do think that changing the party system is a good idea, but I would'nt think that it'll change.

A good solution is to balance out the teams not through parties, but through stats. People might exploit it by creating alts, but your stats will be recorded, and will determine what is your skill level. For instance, let's say that your w/l ratio is 150-50, and another person's w/l ratio is 50-150, both of you will be on the same team to balance skill level on each team. My idea is to have a voting system that has balanced teams, random teams, and captains (pick and choose). The majority of votes to which team setup will be used in the game. It's probably going to be a lot of work but it's a good solution to look into.

Also, @Atkns, thanks for your contribution to Turf Wars and trying to make it better. We all appreciate it.

That's all i have to say.

Thanks.
    --- Post updated ---
    oh dam, thats what someone alreayd said

Posted Apr 1, 2019
  2. Did they not have randomized arcade back in the day, I do remember it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Lmao "great minds think alike"
    But Splitting the player base into essentially ranked games, especially how small it is now is not really an option. As realmraka says, at 40k people regularly it would have been viable. Though as of late that isn't so much the case, you'd be splitting the player base too thin.

Posted Apr 1, 2019
  3. I agree with this. I believe that Mineplex should make a change to their party system when it comes to two-sided games such as Turf Wars, Super Paintball and Bomb Lobbers. Party-stomping in these games has become a big issue for me as I don't really get much enjoyment out of the game that I used to. I'm one that does like a challenge, and I can usually cope against a few tryhards. However, when it's a party of 5 or 6 and they're dominating the lobby, I think that draws the line for me. The sad part about it is that they're doing it to rack up copious amounts of wins within such a small period of time just so they can get a Top 10 Overall Wins spot on the leaderboard. Some people may think they're smart for doing so; however, I think it's a really cheap and unfair way of doing so as it isn't fun for other people and it doesn't really reflect their ability as much as some of them like to think it does...

I don't believe that capping a party will fix anything and it can cause a bigger problem for people in other gamemodes, but I do have a solution.

My Solution: When it comes to games like TF, PB or BL; then it shouldn't automatically put everyone in the party on the same team. Instead, they should have to queue to join a team through the coloured sheep (like the old randomisation system before the party queuing update). It means that it isn't purely luck-based if you get put onto a team with tryhards or not, and you can actually see who goes on what team meaning people can join that team if they wish to. I believe it will - to an extent - stop pub-stomping in those games and make it a little bit fairer for ordinary users that just want to play a game.

With the current state of things, if you're on the opposing team and there's tryhards then you know you've got a loss. If you leave the lobby, it also still classes as a loss. There's no winning for the ordinary user that may care about their stats or just want to have fun.

Posted Apr 4, 2019
    realmraka, NubLyfe and _Prof_ like this.