• 353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5518 Players Online
  • 5165 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The State of Skyblock

Discussion in 'SkyBlock Beta' started by Fallen, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Hello Skyblockians!

It should come as no surprise that our Skyblock game is... lacking. In honesty and from my point of view, the game looks rushed. There were things promised to players: like shops and more for your island-- but none of it actually came to be. Why exactly is still on the table, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. A lot of people have suggested new content for Skyblock, and many have suggested to simply remove it.

Since the creation of Bedrock GI, one of its main focuses has been to look into the Skyblock situation and revise it to become a more enjoyable game. After some preliminary brainstorming, we understand what that really means, and it's a lot more than we thought.

It's 100% fair to say that any update to Skyblock would require a very significant chunk of time to develop, and therefore won't happen any time soon. There are a plethora of other things that need to get done in the interrim, and on our end as Game Insights we've been focused on documents detailing updates for Cake Wars, Block Hunt, and Survival.

We were given a choice, what to do with Skyblock? Do you leave it how it is, but fix the bugs and call it a day? Do you start from scratch and design an entirely new concept to make it an enjoyable game? Do you remove it altogether? What is best overall?

After a lot of discussion, we opted for something in the middle. We want to revise Skyblock in a way that would take the core elements of the current game, rewrite a lot of the back-end of the code (specically the profiles system) and start from the very basic template that we have now.

Why is skyblock down-- Read Here

You might be asking why Skyblock is down and has been down for months. I can't get into specifics other than what others have already floated around, but issues with data storage of islands in Skyblock left the game essentially crippled. Could this be fixed-- yes. Would there be certain side effects of fixing it that players would really not enjoy but I also cannot specify because that would be giving away private information? Also yes.

The short of it is, Skyblock wouldn't be the Skyblock you left if we simply fixed the bugs and brought the game back online. So we can give you half of what was already half a game, or we can wait and hopefully produce something better in the future.

Now, as for our plans, I'm not going to go in too much depth on each bullet point, since obviously, that is for the full proposal when that happens... but here's the gist

• Dynamically created starter islands that use a 'monument' system to spawn random islands in a 300 block radius for you to explore
    • Simple island quests
    • Currency-based barter system
    • Community Lobby where people can visit on 'neutral' ground, like a sort of "Town Square" thingy, I don't know
    • MCMMo inspired leveling (Google it, if you don't know)
    • Island Ratings based on block worth calculations, island leaderboards
    • PvP arena for fighting
    • Cosmetics and Furniture from Creative Housing
    This list is not finalized nor does it include all our ideas. Tons more could be coming in the future. I know there are countless Skyblock suggestion threads, but judging by how we're approaching Skyblock, it's a new game with new suggestions. I'd like to hear your wildest Skyblock dreams, a Skyblock wishlist. Any feature you want to see, or things you want to see with the features I've already listed above. After I get a good bit of feedback here, and I read through already existing feedback, I will start on the first Skyblock mini-document, and we can move from there. Remember, I am one person, with a team of 10 people, with one developer to do this. Time will tell, but I hope you are all as excited as I am to improve and make Skyblock the game it should be.

Posted Oct 13, 2020,
    Last edited May 26, 2021
  2. Very epic Landon. Might take time but hope it comes out to work.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  3. Seems like fun, I agree the skyblock currently is very lacking with nothing much to it, like all of the details to it! Good job Landon! :D

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Local_07 and landay like this.
  4. Very nice! I stopped playing skyblock as it felt super boring, but these are great ideas! Can't wait to see what skyblock has in it's future. Great work again Landon!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  5. This reminds me of Fallout 76.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  6. Woah, these changes seem very much needed, I hope they can make it into the game!

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  7. WHOOOAAAAAAAAAA, These changes are awesome pawsome! I hope they all make it into the game

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  8. This would definitely improve Skyblock in quality, popularity, & entertainment. All the ideas sound great, I'm sure Skyblock will become what it deserves to become.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Local_07, JDT2008 and landay like this.
  9. Awesome post that is the sign of an awesome update for this game :D

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    Posted May 25, 2021
  11. Woah didn't See this coming, glad to see this is a major update and im looking forward to seeing it in action.

Posted May 25, 2021
  12. This thread has been re-done ground-up.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  13. better update that reply bud, i'm not landon B)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2021 at 6:58 PM
    yvuggu likes this.
  14. please do something with skyblock so it isn't just taking up space

Posted Jun 8, 2021 at 9:12 PM