• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1349 Players Online
  • 1349 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The State of Bedrock Part 2

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by RiotRealm, Sep 6, 2022.

?

Will mineplex just let the bedrock server sit there and die?

1. Yes

79.7%
  2. No

20.3%
  1. Haven't played in years, it is sad to hear that the current state of the game is the same as it was when I left.
    Could you tell me if there were any changes for Survival since April?

Posted Sep 28, 2022
  2. We haven't had a content update for over 14 months, that was, until they re-released cakewars mega like 2 days ago. To answer your question, nope

Posted Sep 28, 2022
  3. Enjoy more recycled content! Halloween is right around the corner. The sad part is, it'll take them up until a week before Halloween to release it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2022
  4. What game might that be?

Posted Oct 2, 2022
  5. Cake wars mega. It is a game that needs lots of work on it, and it's not unique at all. If cake wars regular and cake wars duos had a baby it would be cake wars mega. 8 teams of 4 on duos maps, a really terrible gamemode that nobody wanted to return

The sad part is that last year I think they released castle defence after Halloween LOL

Posted Oct 3, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 5, 2022
    DarkDude500 likes this.
  6. In all honesty I doubt that will happen. If you have just 1 or 2 people having the passion and motivation to create good content / big updates I doubt that will “make the server as good as it was.” I think when you are passionate and have motivation and works in an environment where a lot of people don’t, it will drop eventually. Yes it might cause a player increase, but I don’t think it will make the server as good as it was.

Posted Oct 3, 2022
    TheBlueComet likes this.
  7. Still kinda sounds like something it would be interesting to see them port over to Java.

Posted Oct 3, 2022
  8. craziest part is that there was no changes to it lol

The lobbies would never fill up

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 5, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 5, 2022
  9. Especially given the reception, or lack thereof, to Solo a year back.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  10. I haven't played mineplex in 3 months! That's right, three months!

Posted Oct 7, 2022
  11. And Mineplex decides to make CakeWars Mega a VIP only game! CWM is a rerelease, which didn't take effort to create in the first place. We get a tiny update bringing it back (we don't get any updates to begin with) and they take it away due to their greed and decision to milk the server dry. Even if you would want to buy the VIP+ rank, not enough people even have it to get a game of CWM started...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2022
    BlazeFire and LockNess8221 like this.
  12. I’m still trying to figure out what would posses anyone in a leadership position do do such a thing. It doesn't even make logical sense!!! The game doesn't even start, almost no players on the server buy a vip+ rank!!!

Posted Oct 9, 2022
  13. I disagree, and agree at the same time. Java is hopeless, but bedrock has great potential. It is one of 7 main servers on Minecraft and under good leadership it could thrive. But our current leaders Jonathan Williams and Ryan Strutton, Mineplex has no hope. Also I might add with moderation getting steadily worse by all the "added features" that create more gaps for unfiltered content, mineplex is to the point of becoming dangerous for kids, which make up most of the community!

Posted Oct 9, 2022
  14. You say you agree and disagree at the same time, which is fine. But the things you said after has nothing to do with my point I was making.
    The point is that I think that when you have 1 or 2 passionate/ motivated people working hard, they might cause an player increase with their updates they bring on the server (could be either for Java or bedrock, doesn’t matter). But the thing is their motivation/ passion will slowly burn out, bc the environment is not supporting them to keep on going. That’s my point.

So kinda confused about ur part.

Posted Oct 10, 2022
  15. Ya I admit, my point was slightly confusing. What I was trying to say is that Yes one or two motivated people could significantly increase player count with real updates and a better anti cheat system. But personally I think java is hopeless, and that bedrock could skyrocket if it was under better leadership and properly updated. However as you have said people burnout, they get tired of putting all their effort into one concentrated thing. But if thats true then how come the hive and Cubecraft haven't become like mineplex?

Posted Oct 11, 2022
  16. Who's Jonathan Williams? Defek or Sterling?

Posted Oct 11, 2022
  17. I don't know about the whole "one guy being the savior of Mineplex" thing. Unlike Gyro on Bedrock, I have (some) reason to believe that Timmi is actually giving it his all on Java, and look what it's done for the player count. Despite what I ('d like to) assume are his best efforts, they've done little to nothing to slow the server's descent into oblivion. Either he's A. not trying hard enough, B. not doing a good enough job with what he is doing, or C. just can't possibly do it alone. My money's on C, maybe with a bit of B mixed in.

Posted Oct 11, 2022
  18. First things first, I don’t like comparing two different things usually. The reason for that, for in this case MP vs Cube/ Hive, is that they both probably work differently and have different histories, which resulted in they way both servers are and work right now.

Now to answer your question: when you have an organisation/ server like Mineplex runned by the owners/ leads, they decide the future of Mineplex and which direction it’s going. The owners of Mineplex (in my opinion and based on the things as far as I know) just don’t see Mineplex as a priority to what is important to them. Otherwise if it was, they would’ve put way more effort into this server right now. Also lack of communication and transpiration between community, staff and owners/ leaders themselves is very important to keep everything running smoothly and keeping everyone (well atleast most of the majority) happy.

As of right now there is no real communication and transpiration between staff and owners. That’s perhaps why motivation amongst staff members can drop quickly, because we don’t know what the owners are planning for this server and has no real lead to the best results for the server.
    Kinda the same like real life companies where communication is key and being transparant (except private stuff ofc).

And the basic stuff we need: fixing lack of dev’s. But I guess we all know that at this point.

Posted Oct 11, 2022
  19. What? I was just talking about what it’s like to work in an environment like that. Not focussed on timmi or gyro or whoever lol.

Posted Oct 11, 2022
  20. It’s just C, honestly, cause like think about it. He is the only front-dev pushing out updates for Java. He can’t update the gamemodes we had, since every part of the community will ask timmi if he can update their favourite gamemode (which can be different per amount of player bases within the Mineplex community). That leads to people unhappily waiting for updates for their favourite gamemode.

So that’s why I assume he’d make Death Run and doing global fixes for other gamemodes. That’s his gamemode to update and keeping those players happy with consistent updates (which the BuildTeam is partly responsible for as well) Pretty smart if u ask me, we can’t rlly ask more from just 1 front-end dev on java. I’d say he is doing a good job :shrug:

Posted Oct 11, 2022