• 850 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8609 Players Online
  • 7759 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Solution to Excess Gems: Prestige

Discussion in 'Champions' started by beanowonotanuwu, Feb 10, 2021.

1. If you've played Champions for any extended period of time, you will know that gems accumulate rather quickly despite the Champions having more buyable items than any other Mineplex game. The solution to players having excess gems is Prestige.

What Is Prestige?
    Prestige is a one-time 100,000 gem upgrade for any class of your choice. Additionally, there is also a perquisite of at least 2,000 wins in Champions total.

What does Prestige do?
    Prestige simply gives your armor the enchanted glowing effect (as a cosmetic thing) in lobby and in game as well as highlighting your name in a golden color (in the tab, in game, and in chat)

Note
    This feature is heavily based off of Hypixel Warlords' Prestige feature.

Another thing is that this feature is 100% cosmetic. Prestige can only be applied to any class once. For instance: say I bought Prestige for Ranger. I could then buy Prestige for Mage (assume I have enough gems and the 2,000 win perquisite); however, I would not be able to buy Prestige for Ranger since I already have it.

Theoretically, if someone had enough gems and enough wins, then they could have Prestige on all classes.

I just think that this feature would encourage something to work towards for the experienced players.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Roody, Fusafez, Im_Ken and 2 others like this.
  2. I really like this idea, essentially giving more experienced players who feel they have already fully progressed in the game something to aim for that is also challenging. I also agree that gems seem to accumulate fairly quickly despite there seemingly being not much of a purpose for them once a player has unlocked all upgrades and class abilities. It would be interesting for this idea to be considered because of how many champions players this would apply to, with most active players having well over 2,000 wins and most likely an abundance of gems.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    beanowonotanuwu and zuk like this.
  3. Public champions games " Pub DOM or CTF " has been getting really boring for recently because their is no purpose of playing it. I already have over 400k gems and all the ability's unlocked. I think that this feature would add motivation for players to start playing again. Everyone would rush to see who could get all the prestige's first, reviving DOM or CTF from its 20-40 player base. I would recommend putting this idea in the " java ideas " channel. Add zuk#1369 on discord for an invite to Mineplex discord if you are not in already.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    beanowonotanuwu and Brode like this.
  4. You should put it into General Ideas because it's amazing!

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Brode and beanowonotanuwu like this.
  5. It wouldn't really make players come and play champs since it is still heavily infested with sweats and some of the most blatant closeters.
    But in general i'd like this to be added but at 1k wins instead of 2

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    beanowonotanuwu likes this.
  6. Yeah 1k is quite more achievable; however, I think 2k wins gives some use to wins. Some of the top people on the weekly leaderboards get well over 200 wins a week which means they get 1k wins in 5 weeks. That's fast in my opinion. But there is merit to what you say about 2k wins being harder to achieve.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Brode and zuk like this.
  7. Yea, not everyone wants to play as much as those leaderboard people. And 1k is a nicer number

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    beanowonotanuwu likes this.