• 346 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5372 Players Online
  • 5026 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The sleeping townspeople

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hirud, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Have you heard the very short story about the townspeople that had apathetic rulers?

They complained, in great quantities and in great detail about the robbing thieves - those cheaters - and about the ever-lasting fall of quality of the few offers the rulers were responsible for. What is remarkable about this short story is that there was another town - a slight greater one - where the rulers were cashing in money. Though the quality of offers were better there, the thieves ran rampant too.
    But what did the townspeople do? Did they ever come to think that the rulers were to be held accountable? Oh no! That thought had never struck one of the townspeople. Maybe one day, though, the townspeople will realize their might, demand accountability and make things right. And if they couldn't make the rulers make things right, we can at least hope the apathetic rulers will lose their fortune.

If it wasn't obvious enough, this very short story is an allegory.

I know I'm not alone in thinking the state of this server is tragic, and I think it is time to figure out what to do about it. Should we just give up and leave it, letting it rest in our nostalgia?

Posted Aug 5, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  2. As an answer to that last question, that's entirely up to the individual. But to see everyone that's left put their feet down in unison and abandon Mineplex all at once as a protest against the owner's negligence would be a poetic conclusion. I for one though, am happy just enjoying what's left while it last. Though for me, that normally only means signing in once a day to keep my huge daily reward streak alive.

Posted Aug 5, 2022
    Hirud likes this.