• 4110 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12548 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The /report Command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jayzrssss, Feb 9, 2019.

?

Do you think they should add a report command for everyone?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2019.
  1. Yes! That's a great idea!

52.6%
  2. No. I don't think so...

47.4%
  1. Hello! Lately everyone has been experiencing gameplay with hackers/toxic people and thats not fun isn't it. The /report command can save us all! If... it waasnt only for people with Eternal ranks. I believe that there should be a /report command for everyone. A command such as /gwen report (reason) should be implimented in the Mineplex servers. The command will summon GWEN (the ainti cheat detector), or contact all trainee's/mods who are on the Mineplex server. This will decrease the number of hackers and increase the number of new players coming in to play on the server. This command will be very helpful since /a only works when a moderator/trainee is in your game or lobby. It doesnt contact all mods so the /gwen report command would be grate. Please consider this and implement this command into the Mineplex servers for all platforms.

Ya boi...
    Jzrs

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Idut likes this.
  2. It isn't for people with only eternal. It is for those who have Hero+ rank.

I do believe that it would help. But in a different way. If they want to report a player, they can always go to www.mineplex.com/report as well. I like this idea, but might be too hard for staff to keep up with.

As for GWEN, (correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe GWEN is always watching, but has late response time ATM and doesn't always work as fast as people would like. But I believe a /gwen command as you said could be useful!

Posted Feb 9, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 9, 2019
    Jayzrssss likes this.
  3. Yes. I think what you said is a better idea. the spam will make it too much for the moderators, so having a command for gwen to everyone would be much better. Thanks for your feedback :p GWEN will now be always watching.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Idut likes this.
  4. I think that this is a pretty decent idea, although I don't believe it's very necessary at the moment. Firstly, as Idut said above, the /report command recently became available to Hero+. The command is still being worked on as it's not perfect yet. If we made /report available to everyone, there is the chance that Moderators dealing with reports will get spammed which is something we don't want. So while /report might become available to everyone in the future, I highly doubt it will be soon.

With your second idea, the /gwen report command, I don't think it would work. GWEN is always watching, and if someone is hacking GWEN usually will notice it. If not, you're always free to record the player and report them at www.mineplex.com/reports. This method of reporting is available to everyone regardless of rank, and it's quite efficient at dealing with rule breakers. GWEN doesn't need to be summoned everywhere as it's always watching players to make sure that they're not cheating. If you would want to make this command so that it notifies all the staff members on the server, keep in mind that this command could easily be abused. Just like the /report situation where if we opened it to everyone.

So while it's an interesting idea, I don't think that it's needed as current methods of reporting work just fine. I've also moved this thread to General Idea Discussion.

Posted Feb 9, 2019
    Nightcat likes this.
  5. Yep, to reiterate what those above have said, /report is open to Hero+, not only to Eternals, and it is still being perfected. As it is, we do get a large amount of reports and not all of them are answered, which already leads to players claiming that we aren't active enough with reports. If /report were to be opened right now to everyone else, we most likely wouldn't be able to handle the mass amount of reports and that would most definitely lead to general discontent with the report system. I do agree that I'd love to see it opened up, but I'd prefer for it to be opened at a plausible time with a lot of preparation beforehand. For the time being, feel free to use StaffRequest or head over to popular lobbies like Lobby-1 to seek staff assistance!

Now as for your suggestion on GWEN reports. I personally don't see a need for this, because as GWEN says, she's always watching anyways! Making someone a central point of GWEN's attention just doesn't make sense because she already does that (granted there are bypasses that she doesn't quite catch right away). If anything, it would most likely get abused and also would probably create more player discontent. The whole psychology behind a command like /gwenreport makes players feel like they're doing everything they can but the issue is, if GWEN doesn't catch something right away, it's unlikely that she would if she were somehow "focused" on another player. Therefore, the player feels like the report isn't actually doing anything and is less likely to use StaffRequest or other methods, and the command ends up getting unused or hated upon. Obviously that's a pretty general statement - for all I know, players will feel comfortable and satisfied with that command - but I personally believe that it just doesn't make sense and wouldn't add anything beneficial to the server.

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  6. I’d like to see Gwen perform certain checks and stuff to better deal with high jumpers and such, so perhaps a Gwen report would be useful

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  7. I wouldn't say quite efficient to be honest. Of course there are certain hackers which are caught asap, but there are many blatant ones which go without any reprecussions whatsoever.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  8. Mineplex has been perfecting "Gwen" for 1-2 years now.

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  9. The report command is extremely handy, It can help you so much and I may think its kind of good to give it to everyone and at the same time not. Since giving it out would probably result in some troll reports from many people and good reports. Maybe you have to like verify your account or like own your account for like some time. People do buy stolen accounts that have existed so that kind of would bypass it. Maybe some sort of verification and if you send in too many troll reports it gets revoked?

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  10. Heyya!

I've been waiting this suggestion for a long time, although im a titan rank which already has this command,I think this really should be added, but if we're gonna be honest, we all use it and rarely anyone gets punished with that report. I've like reported so many hackers with that command and they didn't get banned. As stated above, /gwen would be a perfect command to add also. You people need to understand that reporting someone on the forums is useless, because people don't hack on main accounts. Alts are created and implemented into minecraft, nobody you see hacking is actually higher than 15level. It just tells you that if you report somebody, you will be creating the thread for about 15minutes(editing the recordings of them hacking) and the thread will probbably be seen after 40 mins. After that 40 minutes the person gets banned and they simply just enter on another account, wasting 1hour of waiting for them to be banned, and this process goes on and on and on into forever. Mineplex really does need a solution for this.
    +1

Posted Feb 11, 2019
  11. In all honestly, I feel that a /gwen report (reason) command is a good idea. People like me wouldn't really go to the forums and report a problem. There should be an alternate way of reporting than going to www.mineplex.com/report to report, or buy a rank hero or higher to do /report. I really think the command is very useful. How much people out of 1000-2000 would go the reporting website. You have to think alternatively instead of the "follow this specific procedure" rules. Be more diverse in things instead of tunnel visioning. I really think that the /gwen report command will improve the server. The quote "I am always watching" from GWEN shouldn't be taken as it says. If it was true, GWEN would at least ban 50%-75% of hackers in the Mineplex servers. From what I'm seeing every day i see 0-3 hackers banned a day, and I am on often. So things have to change annd i think the /gwen report command would be a start.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jzrs: The Besst Eboy on Earth

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2019