• 167 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2102 Players Online
  • 1935 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The problem with Mineplex.

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by War Robot Dogee, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Ok so I think we all know the bedrock server is dying, and it's starting to speed up. The server used to average at least 15 thousand players, now we can only get around 7429 at the highest peak. One theory I have for this is the lack of regions. We all know that the majority of the server is Spanish-Speaking, and Mineplex is one of the only servers that are playable for them. Overall this is a HORRIBLE strategy. To be completely honest, nobody (Bussiness wise) nobody cares about this region. It's great that Mineplex is reaching out to this community, but it's not cutting it. Mineplex needs to focus more on exterior regions such as EU and AS. I know tens, maybe even hundreds of people who want to play on Mineplex, but can't due to the horrendous lag they consume. If Mineplex was able to add more regions, it would flourish to the moon. (Dogecoin reference, Nani?) I've wanted to make this thread for a while but have been too lazy/idk. In hindsight, I do believe that there should be no limitations to playing on a desirable server. I feel like nobody pays attention to bedrock even though it is (unfortunately) the main server now. Please take note of the playercount, as I am making a graph on it.

From your average Mineplex player,
    -Doge

Posted Apr 12, 2022
    avalidusers and dogeygamer23 like this.
  2. Hive and cubecraft have this and look how big they are. I support this as I get lots of delay and lag being an EU player. If regions are added though then there must be an option to switch region. Either way knowing Mineplex and them not caring for bedrock but only java we will either see this never or in 2030 lol

Posted Apr 12, 2022
    avalidusers likes this.
  3. This would be beneficial on both platforms and would let the userbase strive upwards. As someone living in the EU I would love this. Mineplex has done this in the past with Java with eu.mineplex.com and us.mineplex.com so it wouldn't hurt to try and transfer that to bedrock and perhaps add more regions in the future to further grow and increase the player base to how it was in 2014.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  4. This would work. Except for Console players…. They can’t pick or choose the servers they play on. They can only pick featured servers. If they want to do this they’ll have to make an in game switcher. Because that wouldn’t be fair to console players to keep dealing with the lag.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  5. They just have to change their ip????

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 12, 2022
  6. Apparently Bedrock should also be getting the new infrastructure that is being tested on Mineplex Java (in a Beta server), since that's what AlexTheCoder said. Lets hope for the best :)

As for the region, I can agree. The server needs to be in the region with more players.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  7. Remember the old AU servers?

OP OP
  8. I just found out the second-largest Java server is always a Spanish one. Interesting

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  9. I’m talking about bedrock, and I’m not talking about EU smh

OP OP
  10. Just an coincidence I thought I'd point out

Posted Apr 12, 2022