• 363 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4962 Players Online
  • 4599 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Potential Behind VIP+

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Soul Of Alpha, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Looking at this from a business standpoint (as I myself own a business) I see this as either negative or positive.

Lets get through with the negative first so we can get that out of the way. This could be Mineplex as a whole not being profitable anymore, even with all the immortal subscribers, and now they are looking to the extra part of the community for more money. Or traditionally there is just corporate greed, But I don't see this as an issue because bedrock never got a lot of attention from leadership in the first place. So now this makes me believe that it is actually a positive.

From a business standpoint this is Mineplex LLC leadership finally realizing the potential of development and growth within the bedrock community. It already has a comfortable 3rd place in biggest Minecraft bedrock servers. In a business standpoint this is leadership finally realizing the potential to milk some more resources out of the community in order to develop the entirety of Mineplex as a whole. This would mean that Mineplex profits and revenue generated from the bedrock edition can be used to purchase for development and grow the community more. With more money in one sector coming in than the other, it would make sense to continue to put more quality resources into that side of the product mix to reach it's mass audience on bedrock. Money put back into the bedrock server! HOW COOL IS THAT. Us Mineplex Bedrock veteran players have been waiting for the geniuses to think of that one.

Now with the sudden release of this new rank I would make a couple suggestions that would lead to more success in the potential profit from the new rank.

1- The color, I'm sure I am not the first to think of this, but I feel the cyan just doesn't pop compared to the rest of the ranks. It would make more sense to do Black, Or Red Or, Even White. Or better yet, add another feature to the rank... CHOOSE YOUR COLOR!!! Now I would love that.

2-The name, this is just a bit bogus in my opinion but something leads me to believe we wont be getting a name change to something that follows the OG Mineplex style, It would have made sense to call the rank "Prince" or "Governor" so that it followed suit with the rest of the ranks. But seeing this not follow the style makes me believe that Mineplex Bedrock is trying to shift away from the Medieval style, and it makes sense.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense, because they already appear to the mass media of young children, and with that being said, you want things that attract young children... Popping Colors, Cartoony Feelings, And Big Crowded Lobbies. Being that the last hub update completely went to this new cartoon, modern, bright color playground of a entrance, I see that Mineplex may be shifting away from it's roots. You can see how bright the colors are by looking in my videos even though mine are even MORE saturated with color because of the shaders I use.

Anyway, That was my take on this with business knowledge I have, and I'll probably be making a video on this.

psssssss- Imma cop the rank even tho I hate the color.

Posted Jun 25, 2022
  2. Hi there,

I agree with some of the points you've made and disagree with others.

I completely agree that Bedrock getting a new rank is an excellent addition and hopefully it does provide more money to invest in the server. I actually don't mind the colour, however, I completely agree that since the rank costs far more than Immortal, there should be the same perk where you can choose the colour of your rank. The point I agree most with is that the name VIP+ completely looks out of place with the Medieval ranks.

However, where I disagree is with replacing the Medieval theme. In my opinion, the Medieval theme is what makes Mineplex unique. Every featured server bar one now has a city hub. I think Mineplex's best strength is originality and the name VIP+ isn't original at all. A lot of people would've bought their ranks because of the names. I can't imagine many would be pleased if all of a sudden if one day they were told hey, your Lord rank is now being renamed to VIP rank. That isn't what they bought. I have all the original ranks but would I have bought them if they were VIP, MVP, etc? Absolutely not. I feel Mineplex should go back to a Medieval hub which would stand out among the featured servers.

I personally wouldn't buy the rank but I've seen others have which is good because it does bring in money. However, I really hope VIP+ won't be the end of the other ranks and the Medieval theme.

-Minium

Posted Jun 26, 2022
  3. I saw that both of you guys complained on some of the aspects of the new rank such as its name. I also would like to say it wouldn’t be really worth it for the perks you get as it’s almost the double of duke price for a MONTH with only a few more perks thank duke.
    However, yesterday on discord, a few people including me brainstormed some ideas on new perks it could get and a new name it could be changed to.
    Here’s what @GuardianInASuit wrote:

- VIP+ —> Royalty (kinda like a bloodline lol)
    - Remove the in-game pets, cause more lag and annoying
    - Change prefix color to any color of the player’s choice
    - 200% more Shards/gems
    - Lobby join message
    - “Look into adding a new title for VIP+Royalty (I didn’t understand what that meant lmao)
    - Colored Pet Names
    - New cosmetic which launches staff in the air

Apparently it was all forwarded so now we wait so see the potential change :eyes:
    To be honest that Royalty rank sounds a lot better and I would definitely buy it lol
    Have a great day,
    Sai

Posted Jun 26, 2022
    ReJo and MC_Minium like this.
  4. The rank is basically a scam. Rainbow coloured chat is just lame tbh, not to mention that it doesn't work rn, or at least it didn't last night. The fly ability is useless cuz bat morph let's you do the same thing. 2 treasure party bombs? Bro I could open up a few royal crates and get more than 2, so that is useless. A network amplifier? It's alright, I guess, but it's only 1, and you can't obtain tips from amplifiers anymore, making it even more useless. The corgi pet is alright too, but not everyone is gonna use that. The name of the rank sucks and so does the colour. The ability to activate pets in-game is more annoying than useless, and there is a glitch that already exists to add pets into the game meaning you don't need the rank to do it lol. I think you should have the ability to change the colour like with Immortal, and they should change the name to something that fits the medieval theme instead of copying lifeboat and calling it VIP+. The rank costs twice as much as Immortal with so much less perks, making it look like a joke. The final perk of the rank is getting all perks from Duke/Duchess. Now you may think this is cool, however 2 months of this rank costs more than Duke, which is indefinitely a big scam. I encourage everyone to avoid buying this rank until it is done over properly, because right now it's literally just the definition of a scam. If you're going to buy a rank then buy any rank which isn't the subscription one.

Posted Jun 26, 2022,
    Last edited Jun 26, 2022
  5. That sounds a lot better to me. I think people would be able to get behind that.

Posted Jun 26, 2022
    SpectreSai likes this.

6. I too would love to see the originality of the medieval theme come back.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2022
    Whitebone likes this.
  7. Wating here too, personally I'd would like to keep the hot pink like duke because it matches with my skin and pops more.

OP OP

8. I am only going to go a head and buy it because I want to support the server more.

OP OP
  9. To say a couple things about this, I definitely think the rank should be renamed to fit the theme, and that more perks are needed or the price would have to be lowered because you get less perks then immortal, it does have potential to help the server (if the money does help it) which I do hope since there isn’t many updates on bedrock. The color should be able to be changed I think to any color you want similar to how it is on java also.

Posted Jun 26, 2022
  10. You're not supporting the server, you're supporting the greedy owners' pockets, and there is already plenty there

Posted Jun 26, 2022
  11. but then again, I’ll be owner soon so I’ll make my money back, and changes will come about.

OP OP
  12. #soulofalphaforowner

Posted Jun 26, 2022
    Soul Of Alpha likes this.
  13. That all sounds pretty good, but I have one more addition to it:
    Make it a reasonable price.
    Who the frick is going to pay $13 for a month's worth of that
    It'd be a lot better if it had the same price as immortal

Posted Jun 26, 2022
    LostShrimp13 and SpectreSai like this.
  14. Yeah tbh I agree. But lots of people are still gonna buy it lol... like me

Posted Jun 26, 2022
    CatFan105 likes this.
  15. …..me…. B)

OP OP
    CatFan105 likes this.