• 3108 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10727 Players Online
  • 7619 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The party system

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Starrynight9852, Mar 30, 2020.

?

Do you want to be in the same team as your party

1. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I’m a tryhard in cakewars and when I play I am joined with my team of friends. We usually have to wait to the end of the first game to have a fresh Lobby and we get to choose what ever team we got and this doesn’t always work. I haven’t seen much post about this but I’m sure there is, but I would just like for my party to be the same team as me when we want to play together I don’t know if that’s too much to ask

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  2. Usually I always get in the same team as my party, is there more members than the gamemode your playing? If there's more than you'll be forced on seperate teams.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  3. Ayo!

I'm 99% sure the reason this is happening is because of team unbalance. If there's, say, 9 people in a game, and it's a 4v4v4v4 game of Cake Wars, naturally, 2 people will be sent onto 3 teams, and 3 on the 4th. The team that usually gets the 3rd player is a party. If you let the game fill up to 12 people, you'll be able to get in the same team as your other teammates. I've found that queuing for teams does pretty much nothing, so you're better to let a game fill.

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Hillly likes this.
  4. I personally don't normally have issues with joining the same team as my party unless the party is more than 4 people or something, or the game isn't completely full. But there's not too much we can do about that if the game is not full, except maybe make it so you can still join the same team but not too sure if that's possible.
    Generally, yeah, your party should always get on the same team as you though, unless there's not enough people.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  5. I agree that it is very frustrating to not be on the same team as your party. As someone who plays Cake Wars with 4 people from time to time, it does get annoying when you aren’t put on the same team. I believe this is mostly a Bedrock issue, as I do not experience the issue on Java. I believe the issue is known, however, and is being worked on. It did get better, and it usually works with 3 people, although there is mostly a problem with 4 players. I think all we can do right now is wait until the issue is resolved. There’s nothing to be done about it right now, so we’ll just have to wait. If you don’t like being on different teams, you can always do /findgame and try to be on the same team. Although it is annoying, that’s really the only minor fix as of right now. I would definitely love to see this get fixed, but I’m sure it will take time. Maybe sometime in the future we’ll see it added.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    xGetRekted, Truthhs and cerns like this.
  6. @Oublisam @Taxaceous @Bunni I believe OP is referring to the bug on bedrock that doesn't place parties on the same team.

As to answer your question, yes it is nice to be able to play with your friends online, and this issue is a known bug across the bedrock platform. Unfortunately, I don't know what is being done to fix this, and who knows how long it will take, but what you can do to work around this bug is have everyone in your party queue for the same team. Usually, there will be enough open spots on at least one of the color teams to fit your whole team.

I know that this can be frustrating at times and I apologize for the inconvenience, but like you said, as long as your team queues for the same color before every game, then you should be all set. Also, sorry for not having much to add, I just wanted to clear up any confusion because it was not mentioned previously that this is a bedrock only issue.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Klobby, Bunni and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  7. Like @cerns said, this is a bug. It's known and will hopefully get resolved soon. I will be locking this thread as it is not an idea. If you have any further ideas for our Bedrock network please direct them to the Bedrock ideas section found here. Thanks.

Thread locked. Bug.

Posted Apr 2, 2020
    xGetRekted and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.