• 446 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8884 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented The Old Mixed Arcade

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DeluxFTW, Jun 21, 2019.

?

Should we have the old Mixed Arcade back?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi,

I think that the old Mixed Arcade cycle should make a comeback. Ever since Butch was introduced, they removed the actual MIN-# servers. Many Mineplex players as a whole depend on Mixed Arcade with all of the rotating games. With Butch, you will only be sent to Paintball, Turf Wars, Dragon Escape, Death Tag, and Micro Battles. With the new system, my favorite game, One in the Quiver, as well as other games like Bomb Lobbers, Monster Maze, Dragons, etc don't start up unless you get a party of 8. If we were to have the old Mixed Arcade with the cycling games, then players would be able to play the less popular arcade games. Additionally, if you were in a party playing with your friends, preferably players would prefer going into Mixed Arcade to play 'mixed' games.

With the current queue system Butch, this is how the old Mixed Arcade would work:
    --> The individual arcade games will still be queueable if players want to only play that specific game

Butch
    --> First, you queue for Mixed Arcade, and once at least 8 players have queued, you will be sent to the waiting lobby just like the other games rather than being sent to only the popular games as the individual servers

The waiting lobby
    --> Once you have been sent to the waiting lobby, you will be given 15 seconds to vote for one of the 3 games, one of the 5 maps, or a random selection
    --> However, the leaderboards won't load until the game and map have won the vote

After Voting
    --> Once the game and map have won the vote, then the leaderboards and kits will load and the game will start!
    --- Post updated ---
    Instead of a voting system, it should be a cycle so that every game gets a chance.

Posted Jun 21, 2019
    Danese, hazeae24 and AceSJus like this.
  2. I have seen many threads suggesting to revert Mixed Arcade before the Butch update, and I completely agree. Mixed Arcade has plenty of high-quality games that are going to waste since hardly anyone is playing them. Therefore, it would be beneficial for Mineplex if the developers were to bring back the cycling system for Mixed Arcade. I believe this would bring back many old players, as well as new ones, to play minigames that they haven't got a chance to due to the Butch update. Overall, it would be really cool to see a Mixed Arcade update being rolled out in the near future.

Posted Jun 22, 2019
    DeluxFTW likes this.
  3. Yo!

Mineplex is aware of the issues with the current "Mixed" rotation and we can definitely say that changing the Mixed Arcade rotation to how it used to be is being looked into. This is planned for the future, however, it is not on the top of our priorities list; it is something that we are looking to fixing, but I cannot give an estimation of exactly when. Thank you for being sharing your feedback to how we can improve and we will keep your suggestions in mind whenever we work on MIN.

I will be applying the "Processed" tag to this thread, since it is something that we are looking into, but there is not an exact date. All I can say is to be on the lookout for this in the future!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea don't hesitate to PM me!

Posted Jun 23, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 23, 2019
    DeluxFTW likes this.
  4. I play on bedrock and would actually prefer to vote instead of having this cycling system, or even better separate the mixed arcade into individual games
    LATE EDIT: I realize what I said and think no, I prefer a voting system because one in the quiver is terrible to play, and I have lost 4 games of turf and a lot of wins

Posted Jun 23, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2019
    DeluxFTW likes this.
  5. @DeluxFTW Yo! We actually implemented this today, you can learn more about it here. Hope you enjoy the update!

Posted Jul 30, 2019
    Danese and oeod like this.