• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10747 Players Online
  • 7857 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The New Ability Plan

Discussion in 'Champions' started by MineplexLawyer, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I have been watching these threads for years upon years and see hundreds of suggestions for balance changes, new class ideas, and new ability ideas. While all the posts are put together neatly and presented masterfully, Mineplex ignores them. Mineplex desires, from a game, to attract players into the server. There are two types of players, old players, and new players. Old players quit for a reason so our only source of the player count is from new players. My fellow Champions players, we can not see development resurface for the Champions game mode unless new content is implemented into the game. I propose one new ability to be added for every class and one ability, most likely a Passive C ability shall be added to every class.

Ability For every class:
    Ability Name: Gills
    Ability type: Passive C
    Levels: 1-3
    Benefits:
    No matter the level, permanent water breathing.
    For level 1, movement in water increased by 33%( +17% for the next level)
    For level 2, movement in water increased by 50% (+17% for the next level)
    For level 3, movement in water increased by 67% (Max Level) AND while in water, for every 2.5 hearts of damage dealt to an opponent, 1 heart shall be restored to the attacker.
    Drawbacks:
    Recharge: N/A
    Cost: One Skill Token for level 1, Two Skill Tokens for level 2, Three Skill Tokens for Level 3
    Activation: N/A

Ability For Assassin Class:
    Ability Name: Camouflage
    Ability type: Passive A
    Levels: 1-3
    Benefits:
    No matter the level, melee attacks can not harm the user; however, ranged attacks can.
    For Level 1, after two seconds of standing still, you will become invisible with no trace of your presence.
    For Level 2, after one second of standing still, you will become invisible with no trace of your presence.
    For Level 3, while standing still, you instantly become invisible with no trace of your presence.
    Drawbacks: Makes a distinct sound similar to that of an elder guardian after ability has ended. User can not attack for 0.5 seconds after disengaging from hiding sequence.
    Recharge for all: 2 seconds
    Cost: One Skill Token for level 1, Two Skill Tokens for level 2, Three Skill Tokens for Level 3
    Sound Effect: A ding similar to the ding from as a confirmation for completing the hiding sequence from Block Hunt.
    Activation: Drop Sword/Axe

Ability For Mage Class:
    Ability Name: Natural Habitat
    Levels: 1 MAX
    Benefits:
    The user gains Resistance (effect) 3, Protection 2 (on their armor), and regeneration 3 for 7 seconds.
    Drawbacks: User receives slowness 4
    Recharge: 30 seconds
    Energy Consumed: 35 Energy
    Cost: 2 Skill Tokens
    Sound Effect: The sound of breaking crops in Minecraft.
    Activation: Drop Sword/Axe

Ability For Knight Class:
    Ability Name: War Cry
    Ability type: Sword Skill
    Levels: 1-4
    Benefits:
    No matter the level, the user gains haste 1
    For level 1, the user gains strength 1 and absorption for 3 seconds. (Recharge - 24 seconds)
    For level 2, the user gains strength 1 and absorption for 4 seconds. (Recharge - 22 seconds)
    For level 3, the user gains strength 2 and absorption for 4.5 seconds. (Recharge - 20 seconds)
    For level 4, the user gains strength 2, absorption, and speed 1 for 5 seconds. (Recharge - 18 seconds)
    Drawbacks: After usage, the PTSD effect occurs where the user takes 50% more damage and gains blindness for 7 seconds.
    Sound Effect: The sound of a bat being hit in Minecraft.
    Cost: 1 Skill Token extra for each level above 1
    Activation: Right-click sword

Ability For Ranger Class:
    Ability Name: Wolfs Shot
    Ability type: Bow Skill
    Levels: 1-4
    Benefits:
    For level 1, the user’s arrow shoots a baby wolf that, upon impact with an enemy player, deals raw damage in the form of an instant harming 1 potion. (Recharge - 26 seconds)
    For level 2, the user’s arrow shoots a baby wolf that, upon impact with an enemy player, deals raw damage in the form of an instant harming 1 potion. (Recharge - 24 seconds)
    For level 3, the user’s arrow shoots a baby wolf that, upon impact with an enemy player, deals raw damage in the form of an instant harming 1 potion.(Recharge - 22 seconds)
    For level 4, the user’s arrow shoots a baby wolf that, upon impact with an enemy player, deals raw damage in the form of an instant harming 1 potion. (Recharge - 20 seconds)
    Drawbacks:
    Sound Effect: Standard bow loading effect already in Champions
    Cost: 1 Skill Token extra for each level above 1
    Activation: Left click bow

Ability For Brute Class:

Ability Name: Adrenaline Rush
    Levels: 1 MAX
    Benefits:
    For Level 1, uses mechanics from the Knight’s Greatlance and upon activation grants the user the abilities of the Knight’s Greatlance from Clans.
    Drawbacks:
    Recharge: After Activation and ability are complete, then the ability may not be used for 50 seconds.
    Activation: Drop Axe/Sword
    Cost: 2 Skill Tokens

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  2. Hey,
    Just wanted to let you know your ideas are interesting and could turn into something if they are focused on, I don't agree totally with the way they are. Lastly, I wanted to let you know your introduction was good.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
  3. Hello!

I wanted to give you some feed back on your ideas so here I go!

Gills:
    I don't see this being used due to the fact that water isn't even on every Champions map and if there is water on the map most of the fights aren't in the water. I think it is a cool idea but, I don't see it being used by players or worth using dev time to add into the game.

Camouflage:
    The idea is interesting, it feels like a worse smoke bomb, but with a recharge of 2 seconds which is way to fast. Especially at level 3 all you have to do is active it and you are invisible. The ability doesn't seem realistic and it would make fighting assassins as knight almost impossible unless you have roped axe throw to hit them out of the invisibility.

Natural Habitat:
    This ability basically makes you invisible for a certain amount of time, even if the cool down is 30 seconds. I think you should need a certain amount of energy to use but, it still has a max time limit. People already get annoyed with Void, Ice prison. I can't imagine people would wan't to be fighting this. Also by giving them the slowness 4 makes them take no knockback so as it might seem like a nerf it could be used as a buff.

War Cry:
    This idea looks awesome! I think you should take away the blindness for 7 seconds and keep it as they take 50% more damage because that is already a pretty big downside to the ability. The rest of this one looks really good!

Wolfs Shot:
    It is a unique idea, but for how long the cool downs are it wouldn't be worth it compared to the other abilities that players can choose from. This idea would need a buff for it to be useful in Champions.

Adrenaline Rush:
    This is quite a broken ability, if it has the same speed as the lance it will allow brutes to speed across the map. The ability doesn't make sense in a smaller arena (Like Champions maps), it would completely take away from what stampede does (even though stampede doesn't have a cool down). The 50 second cool down is good for what the ability can do but, I don't see this being added into champions.

Thanks for coming up with these ideas! This is just my opinion so make sure you see what others say too!

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    TGJTeunissen likes this.
  4. Hey,
    I can see that you've put good thoughts into the abilities in order to help improve the current situation of Champions by implementing new content, but I still would have to disagree with additional new content as a priority to the current dilemma. Personally, I feel like Champions doesn't need additional abilities but rather a focus to the ongoing critical bugs and glitches which originally ruined the game as well as stat balancing to the current kits.

Champions, in my opinion, is unique due to it's various classes as well as the individual playstyle one can have within the role in order to complement your own. This game serves as a huge learning curve to new players due to the number of combinations of abilities each class can have and in all honesty, adding more skills to an already broken game may have a more negative impact than positive due to it being too much to handle. Maybe this might be a good idea if the game was as popular as it was back in the day and that there weren't as many bugs and glitches but for now, this is idea is a red light.

Posted Jan 8, 2020