• 1005 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3584 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The most awful kit [SSM]

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by IsWater, Nov 23, 2019.

?

Do you agree with me?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2020.
  1. Remove Chicken

7.4%
  2. Change chicken completely

18.5%
  3. Change chicken a little

48.1%
  4. Keep chicken as it is

25.9%
  1. The most awful kit in SSM
    And Why

Chicken
    If I’m being sincere. This is the most disgustingly obnoxious kit I have ever played against period.
    Chicken has multiple double jumps making it easy to run around the whole map and camp, on top of that chicken has a mid range attack and a attack with infinite range, Every single chicken player I have ever played against runs around the map camping.

Chickens like to bother players by trying to hit n run to regain health so whether you’re playing the game normally or not your fight is going to be interrupted from a mile away by multiple chicken missiles.

And let’s not forgot that chicken missile has next to NO COOLDOWN all it is, is a more annoying block toss with more range and width.

Chickens will make you chase them and once you are in a bad position they will fire egg blaster at you, and if this hits you directly you literally can not move taking tons of damage, it’s more or less a stun gun that deals tons of damage,

After you get stunned by the egg blaster you can still be stunned long enough to get hit by a chicken missile dealing up to 6 hearts of damage if you use a kit with 4 armor bars which is absurd. Chicken has literally no hit box making it impossible to melee so either you have to be bothered with an annoying chicken flying around the map shooting you or lose lives wasting time chasing a chicken around the map,

This is the more infuriating kit in the entire game without a doubt because not only is it next to impossible to melee, it’s got tons of double jumps it can just hit you over and over and chase you around and you are completely helpless unless you have a attack that does AoE damage because it’s impossible to hit, chickens aren’t that hard to kill in a 1v1 but when you are constantly dealing with people trying to kill you and you have this one chicken that won’t leave you alone it is the most annoying thing in the game, you literally cannot do ANYTHING

I have 1000 wins in SSM and I don’t think my opinion will ever change and hasn’t about chicken as it is now, I really think either chicken should be completely changed do where it’s melee Damage is reduced to nothing and it’s abilities completely changed, or chicken should just be removed entirely, because chicken class solely exists to sacrifice itself to annoy players and live forever while also being very annoying to kill.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    MachoPiggies likes this.
  2. LMFAOOO!!! While I agree that chicken is the most awful kit in SSM, I think you have a completely different and completely WRONG concept of what that should even mean! CHICKEN IS WEAK and every other mob's unit have made it their personal mission to dismantle it when it's too much hassle for them to actually do so (pretty much every unique that has spawned in the game for the last 10 years, to an extent). Additionally, some of the mob's units at the start are actually really strong compared to chicken (e.g. Big B

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    Bossitiveplays and leo_thya like this.
  3. SCP #081J5: Big B

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  4. The following information is restricted to those with Level 2 clearance.

Containment Class: Esoteric
    Secondary Class: Archon
    Disruption Class: Dark
    Risk Class: Notice

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-081-J does not need to be contained.
    Description: SCP-081-J is the rapper Big B.

Okay, in all seriousness, Chicken is sort of obnoxious but mainly because of its running potential. IMO, increasing its combat potential (armour, attack dmg, etc.) by a little bit while removing a flap might make it less annoying.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    matrixyst and SpitefulNick like this.
  5. The kit is annoying but the skeletal horse is far worse

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    Bossitiveplays and Mitchy like this.
  6. I see chicken as one of the weakest kits in the game, I understand it's a matter of experience but I disagree with a lot of what you said regarding chicken.
    If you simply practice running after a chicken, you will come to realize that it is pretty easy to chase a chicken down and kill it. Don't let its small hitbox fool you, the kit is not very good and you will rarely find someone that has mastered chicken currently.
    When a chicken missile successfully hits someone it has no cooldown for the next missile, however if it misses then there is a cooldown on it. Practicing to dodge a chicken missile then going in for an opportunity to kill the chicken via melee while the missile cooldowns is my main strategy against chicken.
    Again I think this is a matter of dodging but I find egg blaster to be less of a threat, it seems to do less damage than the chicken missile, I don't mind getting hit by it here and there but practice to flee right after the egg blaster as to not get hit by the chicken missile right after.
    This is a statement that I completely disagree with, one of chicken's only potential advantage is a small hitbox but it is no way as strong as you think. If you practice hitting a chicken you will come to realize that it is relatively easy to kill one just by hitting it due to its low armor.

Overall, you will see that there is a repetition of the word "practice" in my reply as that is your greatest weapon against a chicken. Don't be scared to go after a chicken, always get ready to dodge and go in for an attack. If you keep doing this you will come to realize that chicken is not as good as most people think and can be defeated easily. I disagree with the game alternation, I think that chicken is pretty balanced currently.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  7. Hey! I'd say that if you want to balance chicken, you'll have to make the cooldown to get chicken missile back a little longer. The main issue I have when fighting chickens is that I manage to dodge their missile, but then they flap away for a few seconds and come back only to repeat the cycle. Other than that issue (which isn't that bad), I think chicken is fine the way It is. I've been learning chicken and you have to respect the time it takes to learn the aim. I still haven't mastered the egg blaster ability yet. Other than this, It's not too bad.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  8. Chicken can be annoying to fight yes (though I don't think it's the best even at that lol), but there's a reason it's often agreed upon among players to be the weakest in the game. There are a couple reasons why-
    1- Terrible stats. 5 armor points, 4.5 melee, 200% kb taken. All of those are the worst in the game. It also has an average 0.25 regen, that doesn't compensates for its terrible armor. Considering it has such bad melee stats already I wouldn't nerf them more.
    2- Below average abilities that require you to get close in order to get solid hits, which really doesn't go well with chicken's horrible armor. Egg blaster can be used as a tool for gimping and setting up missile but besides that it's pretty bad, slow and has a small range, I think it can be considered one of the worst projectiles in the game. Chicken missile is chicken's main source of damage, has a large hitbox and can do quite a lot if you manage to consistently hit with it. Problem with the missile is that it's pretty slow when compared to other projectiles (and as such more dodgeable), and if chicken misses it has a long cooldown other players can use to get in and deal some solid damage, not to mention it has the tendency to randomly explode in the air.
    3- Flap is fairly slow. It offers chicken a lot of utility when it comes to dodging and momentum cancelling, but it's not fast enough to get away from many kits which really makes it tough for chicken to survive. Bad armor + not being able to get away isn't a good combination, and the fact that you need to stay on the ground to charge it doesn't help either. Flap can be really good and abuseable on certain maps like amplified or hyrule, but that doesn't make it good overall.

Like stated before, missile cd resets on hit, but if it misses (or randomly explodes because of a bug) it has a 8 second cooldown which is fairly long for a kit's main projectile.

The fact chicken missile has infinite range doesn't really help it, it's so slow and loud if it hits you from a distance it's completely your fault (though it's easy to misjudge its hitbox), best use for missile is short-mid range.

The small hitbox helps it yes, but doesn't help enough to cover up its horrible armor, and experienced players don't struggle as much to hit chickens. The hitbox doesn't help at all against projectiles since it uses the player's hitbox, which makes it really vulnerable to them.

(Also, not sure why you posted this thread here, I think people would see it more if you just posted on the SSM category).

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  9. Hello!
    I see your complaint here, and I agree with it. Chicken does need a huge nerf, and here is how it should be nerfed:
    1. It is too small, so it should look like a person dressed up as a chicken.
    2. The maximum double jumps should decrease to 3.
    3. The chicken missile should never skip the cooldown no matter what, and the maximum damage for it should decrease to 3 hearts.
    4. Egg blaster should deal 20% knockback instead of freezing the player in location.

+1

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  10. That'd be taking a kit already in the lowest tier, C and putting it in the J- tier. It already has bad armour, base damage, and KB taken along with mediocre health regen. There aren't even any buffs in return for those nerfs on an already bad kit.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  11. Then the chicken should have full chainmail, but not showing.
    --- Post updated ---
    You do realize that the hit box of the skeletal horse is bigger than the chicken, right? Chickens are hard to hit because of their hitboxes, but I just don't understand why you think skeletal horse is more annoying.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  12. The worst kit is 100% the wolf

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  13. lmao if you can actually aim, hitting a chicken isn’t a problem. That’s not even the reason why chicken is annoying. Plus, at least you can beat it fairly easy. For skeleton horse, you just get spammed with absurd amounts of damage and you can’t really do anything for most of the time.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    Mitchy, SpitefulNick and °3° like this.
  14. Hey!

I'm not sure if its just me, but I don't view chicken as the worst SSM kit. Although I wouldn't necessarily place it as one of the highest, there are definitely strong attributes to the kit that typically get looked over due to its low damage output in health. Although I understand how the kit can be obnoxious, nerfing those ability to get rid of that aspect wont help the chickens case. Being able to constantly double jump and deal small damage that adds up overtime is the typical play style of the kit, as going aggressive will more often than lead to a loss. Furthermore, there are plenty of kits that have ability's that are able to outdo the chicken. Besides, when a chicken does take damage its usually a huge blow regardless of the ability used, making chicken extremely fragile no matter what the kit encounters. All of this being said, although I can understand the frustration with the constant camping, the fact that there are plenty of counters with the addition of incredibly weak stats, the chicken is fine where is right now. If anything, I would like to see it be buffed!

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    xRetnuh likes this.
  15. Yeah Chicken is good but still balanced... In my opinion there are no overpowered characters in SSM, just overpowered players ;D

Posted Nov 25, 2019
  16. Gavin back at it with that expert analysis

Posted Nov 25, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  17. Chickens are already overpowered at the first time they use it. Do you not even listen to what people are saying? The hitbox is insane when the chicken goes flying because it's impossible to hit it, and that's the main problem for it.

Posted Nov 28, 2019
  18. They are not even close to being impossible to hit

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  19. That doesn't change the fact that the chicken is still too small and needs to be the size of a player.

Posted Nov 28, 2019
  20. Yes it does, the kit is weak, and it's impossible to make the chicken player sized anyways

Posted Nov 28, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.