• 257 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6011 Players Online
  • 5754 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Missing Champions Achievement

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SummerTrig, May 25, 2021.

1. While grinding champs achievements on my various alts I noticed something odd about some of the achievements. Ignoring "Champion" and the three CTF specific achievements, every other achievement matches up to one of the classes, Assassination for assassin, Mass Electrocution for mage, The Longest Shot for ranger, and Earthquake for brute. The only kit missing from this list for some reason is knight, and I feel like adding a new knight-based achievement would make sense for Champions. For starters, this would lead to one class based achievement for each class, allowing for knight players to have an achievement of their own. Since the removal of TDM and it's achievement(s), there's been an open spot for an achievement as well, with a 9th achievement allowing for a full row of centered achievements.
    My idea for the achievement itself is below.

Last Second
    Block an attack that would have killed you with Riposte, then kill your opponent.
    Reward: 1000 Gems

I feel like Riposte is the best skill to base an achievement around due to it being the only knight skill that requires much skill to use.
    Getting the achievement would go as follows: Player A is attempting to get Last Second, and is fighting Player B. When Player A is about to die, they block an attack from Player B, and then kill Player B. In order to make this achievement harder, I feel like the kill required for it must be on the person you deflected the attack from and they have to have been killed by the parry. This would make getting this achievement a matter of delicate timing, as both you and your opponent would have to be one hit away before you block and attack.

Posted May 25, 2021
    venez., maevestarbaby and Roody like this.
  2. I feel like this is way too difficult and luck-based. It would generally just revolve around having to fight another Knight or Brute, seeing as Assassin, Mage, and Ranger can just change tactics using ranged abilities.

Posted May 25, 2021
  3. 1. Have you tried to complete some of the other achievements? Mass Electrocution is very difficult and almost entirely luck based (in getting four enemies in one spot) whereas with this achievement you can do something like count or trade hits before landing a good riposte at the end.
    2. Sure, it would be easier to do on certain classes, but so are other achievements. Longest Shot and Assassination are way easier to do on assassins and mages due to how little armor they have, and Assassination attempts are easily countered if someone has an AOE ability or something that can't be evaded like blocktoss or an arrow.
    3. If this is too difficult (although I feel like it'd fall in at a good medium difficulty) it could be changed so that you don't have to kill your opponent on the parry, however I don't like this idea as it would allow players to drop health on purpose, riposte, and then combo less skilled opponents without having to worry much about timing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2021
  4. I like that, that's a cool idea.

Posted May 27, 2021
    SummerTrig likes this.
  5. Thank.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2021
  6. Neat idea, dunno how many people would be jazzed by adding another achievement, but I'd be down to see some version of this added. Maybe not requiring that the parry actually kill the opponent and just requiring that you get the kill would be the way to go though, since I think that would end up being pretty frustrating to achieve due to the unlikelihood that you end up in a scenario where you and your opponent are both one hit when you're knight.

Posted May 27, 2021
    SummerTrig likes this.
  7. Probably a better idea to keep the achievement less luck based I guess.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2021
    Fall likes this.
  8. Yeah, we may have to readdress stuff like Mass Electrocution anyway. Used to be pretty easy because an entire team spawnkilling the other team used to be super prevalent, I don't think it was ever intended to be as difficult as it is now.

Posted May 27, 2021
    SummerTrig likes this.
  9. I feel like it might be easier in CTF due to CTF being an 8v8, but I've only gotten it on DOM since that's what's normally active.
    Another achievement that should be changed is Clutch, because when SD does happen in the rare CTF game people go for kills rather than the flag, and will just drop the flag to fight if attacked.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2021
  10. Yeah I've been meaning to ask about whether we could change that achievement to be "kill the flag carrier in sudden death or score the game winning capture in sudden death or, as the last member of your team alive in sudden death, kill the last member of the other team to win the game in sudden death."

I don't really know whether having multiple ways to complete the same achievement is possible under Mineplex's system, but I always thought that would be a huge improvement over the unbelievably situational achievement.

Posted May 28, 2021