• 3432 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13021 Players Online
  • 9589 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Lotto comes to Mineplex Clans.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by kznny, Apr 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hey!

I thought it would be cool to simulate a Lottery on Mineplex clans! Every 2 weeks, a nametag with the title of "Lottery Ticket" would be sold at one of the unoccupied Shop merchant tents in shops! The name of the seller would be Lottery Larry. The Lottery ticket would cost 10k gold and would be a ticket that could be returned to Lottery Larry for a larger amount. The jackpot would start at 75k at the first Lottery and would be reset to 80k after every winning ticket was announced.

However, like a U.S. lottery, nobody would have to win, or turn in the ticket. If the lottery ticket is not won or turned in, the jackpot would be increased by 5k for every ticket purchased and not won. For example, if 20 people bought a ticket and nobody won, then the jackpot would be increased to 175k on the second Lottery week.
    Combinations ------------
    The tickets would be able to be bought randomized or picked. The ticket would have 2 slots for the digits 0-9 and 1 slot for the digits 1 & 2. Making 200 possible outcomes for tickets.
    2 examples of combinations would be
    3 4 1
    9 8 2

2 examples of non-possible combinations would be
    9 8 9
    4 3 3

The last number combination must be 2 or less.

You would be able to roll the exact same numbers twice if selected randomly, and it would be possible to have more than one of each combination of ticket.

For example there could be 2 tickets with the numbers

1 2 2
    Ticket Cap ---------
    Each clan would have a cap on the amount of tickets they could buy, and each individual in that clan or not in a clan could buy a maximum of 5 tickets. Each clan would have a maximum of 15 tickets.

Ticket Number selection -----
    When buying a ticket from Larry, you could choose to have your ticket numbers randomized, or you could pick them. There could be an interactive chat menu, or a chest GUI.
    You would be able to choose a number 0-9 in the first slot and second slot, and 1 or 2 for the third slot, aka the Lucky Number.

Winning announcement -----
    At the end of the Lottery week period, a winner would be announced at 3 pm EST automatically in an announcement.

I'd like to hear your thoughts below!

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  2. I think people with alts could easily abuse this. 10k gold can come from a gem conversion, and someone (like me) who has a few alts could easily stack the odds in their favor. This could also be used by people (like hackers) who have an absurd amount of alts. I also don't think clans needs gambling right now, we kinda need to fix the game and add more content.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  3. I don't think people would abuse it. Especially for the first prize, putting down 7 alts with 7 welcome videos is a lot of work, and plus, it would only work twice on each alt, assuming they are no-gem NFAs. Even if somebody had 50+ tickets, a 500k down payment still wouldn't guarantee a win, which is why alters probably won't go thru that hustle just to bypass the ticket limit. It just isn't really worth it. I'm sure people would try it, and even if they did win, it would increase the chances of a split jackpot, which would further degrade the alting process of work:reward. It would just increase the pot the next time.

Many things can be abused on alts in clans and Mineplex in general, but its just the risk that player is willing to take, of getting banned or getting the reward. If you want to go and buy 60 tickets on 30 alts, then go ahead.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020
  4. I mean I'd totally use the four accounts I have with hundreds of thousands of gems to maximize the chances of winning the loto :/

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  5. Well I mean it should certainly be punishable then.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2020
  6. Hey there, I'll have to disagree with this idea as I feel like it encourages gambling and it's really not something young players of Mineplex should be encouraged to do, while I understand that it could be a really fun addition to clans and Mineplex, for certain players it could actually be damaging.

Posted Apr 10, 2020
    kznny likes this.