• 1217 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6626 Players Online
  • 5409 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

the lag

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hack, Apr 4, 2020.

1. We really need to make a point about it through because i have noticed a lot of mineplex staff have a lot less motivation to do anything, and if no one is complaining about it then there is no need to fix it.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    Zuyd likes this.
  2. To be honest they only have 5 developers some of which are bedrock. So it takes them a while to do anything i think lag is the last of worries for them its not there problem all they do is code different games and fix bugs. This is a thing the owners need to deal with which i dont see happening due to the fact they haven't been on the forums alone for 2-3 years.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  3. It is true, It’s his wifi

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  4. It can be but server lag is different this is where they are 1 not using the recommended amount of ram for how many players they have or they are using cheaper software it host on. the more you spend on hosting the less lag your have.

-Paiynz

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  5. There are several IPs to get into MP. Personally, changing these helps my ping as a UK user. Normally us.mineplex.com works the best for me - instead of using mineplex.com or something...

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  6. I hope you realize that's YOUR connection to Mineplex, Your internet connection.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2020
  7. The test I ran for the ** SERVER ** ping not mine the over all hosting.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  8. what did you do
    type ping us.mineplex.com?
    that's what checks your connection

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2020
  9. If you had read what I said you would understand. But you are not even taking time to read above what it said. I had made an entire semi document on it. I suggest you read it and then you will understand, and stop being so confused.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  10. I read everything the first time, I'm just saying that you're not getting the average connection to the entire server. You're getting your connection. The IP 173.236.67.23 = us.mineplex.com, I've done the same thing. I also understand that mini-games could cause lag, today I had a horrible experience on the server getting 20ms which felt like 100ms. The game isn't even that heavy of a game, never was.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2020
  11. This is something 95% of the staff member on Mineplex have zero control over. If you ever experience lag, it’s most likely the user’s connection. Any other lag related issues are because of the host server which, as aforementioned, 95% of the staff have no control over. Acquiring a different host and transferring data could take a while, and due to the recent influx of players due to COVID-19, doing so wouldn’t be the smartest decision to make.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  12. The majority of Mineplex lag isn't client based as it only occurs in specific gamemodes, it's essentially a result of games such as Monster Maze, One in The Quiver and Sneaky Assassins having poor optimisation. At the moment Mineplex lobbies are freezing certain players at a very high frequency, sometimes however this is user connection as the epidemic has heavily increased traffic on networks.

(This is referring to connection not frames)

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  13. I understand staff has 0 control over this, that is why I didn't say "Staff fix this!". I experience lag with 20MS which feels like 100ms. As JN mentioned above the listed games have poor optimization, and one of the games I play is list which is OITQ. As I said before, I'm not aiming this towards staff members.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020