• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6857 Players Online
  • 3967 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Heart of Sakura [MB]

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Cakeys, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Good?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2020.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hey everyone! I’ve been working on this micro battle maps these 2 days and I would love to see feedback and suggestions from everyone! This is a japanese theme, I would love to get suggestions before I submit it! Here are some pictures!
    https://imgur.com/a/zF1DKsh

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  2. Hey hey!
    I am not a talented builder at all, so seeing other people's builds is somewhat satisfying to me. This map looks so clean and I really want to play on it now! You are super talented :sigils:

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Cakeys likes this.
  3. Thank you so much for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  4. In the making of an outside terrain for players to see :3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  5. My main concern upon seeing this is that the floor is made up of lots of different blocks (which looks incredible but isn't very practical for players that gather blocks to use). But it looks amazing and I love the theme and name. Can't wait to see what comes next!

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. Amazing build! This should definitely become a map.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  7. Hey yall! Glad to say me and @ARareBlackBear have completed the outside terrain for this map! Please share your thoughts! :3
    https://imgur.com/AJxG4gH
    Don’t worry, red stained glass will be edited to look better :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  8. Wow that’s a pretty good looking map, my building abilities are definitely something to be desired so seeing stuff like this just amazes me that people are able to stuff like this.
    Just wondering, what made you decide to name this map “The Heart of Sakura”?

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  9. Hey there!

Sakura means “cherry blossom” in japanese, which is sort of the theme I was aiming for! “The Heart” part was to I guess emphasize the beauty of the map. (if that makes sense)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  10. Oh yea for sure it does, that’s a pretty good name, I didn’t really expect it to have that much meaning if you know what I’m saying, plus, when I saw the word Sakura I automatically assumed it had something to do with Naruto for whatever reason lol

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  11. haha, id never actually name it after an anime character xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  12. Lol alright, ya gotta understand tho I have only watched a few anime’s and I’m not and don’t plan to become so into it where I understand a lot of Japanese so hopefully you know where I’m comin from lol

Posted Jul 1, 2020
  13. I Would suggest looking at a couple more japanese structures when designing this. I think the detailing looks a little off. Also I would maybe suggest making the tree thing a little larger, having it small like that looks a little strange.

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Perseus and I am a knife like this.
  14. I would make the building roof a little steeper as it goes into the middle, or even research a little more on pagodas and add a second layer or something. Also, I would make the sakura trees a little more prominent, maybe make the middle island have a big one on it. Because after all your map is called "The Heart of Sakura." The floor is a little cluttered, I would make it have bigger pockets of blocks so it is easier to collect materials. Over all, I think you are off to a great start, but it still needs a bit of work. Thanks for taking some time out to make a map for mineplex, I appreciate it!

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    Perseus and I am a knife like this.
  15. hey there!

to address some things:
    - fences on the buildings have been removed and replaced with colored stained glass to represent teams
    -the reason why the tree is so small is because I didn’t want to make it, seem too cramped if you get what I mean. by making this tree into a larger scale, we would have to add more branches and leaves to the side making it looks more cramped.

I’m also trying to not overdetail the buildings, the guidelines state that I shouldn’t really do that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  16. Hey there! Thank you for your suggestions :3

I may change the bases into a little more of a pagodas shape, as for the big sakura tree in the middle island I think it would be a little too big? If you can show me any other maps with a large structure in the middle that would be appreciated:3 for the floor, I will definitely add pockets of blocks for players to get materials more easily, thank you for the suggestions again!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2020
  17. In terms of tree larger, I mean taller, I would suggest looking at an example The Dark War Lord did on Youtube about a cherry blossom tree. If you don't think the tree should be larger maybe take it out

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  18. I probably won't be suggesting anything because I am the worst person to talk when the theme is building on Minecraft, so I have no property to comment on this topic xD, although for sure I want to reply to this map of yours, which I absolutely loved! I really like the unique theme you picked, as it's pretty hard to see a Japanese themed map here on Mineplex, so good choice! The colors and the structures you used are matching your theme as well. I loved the contrast of the pink trees with the brown colors. If you want, you can possibly add a bit more details to compliment this red; it'd be great!

I really like your map though and I want to play on it. The small addition you put in the center of the map made a difference too. It's a small detail, but I liked it. Hope you keep on improving your buildings and I wish you good luck on having your newest map live on the server.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  19. Hey there i’ve actually updated it today in a new post! if you’d like to see the improvements you can go on that forum post :3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2020