• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8273 Players Online
  • 5383 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The hacking problem

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Davidmavid1224, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Soooo yes here I am AGAIN, I really wanted to say thanks for the commentaries of my last thread that made me reflect even more and come to a conclusion that a guy in a computer can lose to someone on a cellphone if they have skill.

but nooow that's isn't the major problem the. Problem is the hackers, y'know those annoying players that keep using speed or aura kill even stacking to kill you yeah these ones, have been playing Mineplex recently A LOT and I've been with some unlucky power of finding a bunch of hackers game after game and also a lot of teammates had been rage quiting the game that make the game more difficult.

So I am here to talk about what kind of improvements the Mineplex anti-cheat system should have to make the game more difficult to find any hacker.
    Here's a list

#1 player status (If I am talking BS and they already added this please forgive me)
    All the players could have a kind of status that show how fast are they walking, the health (because some hacks include giving extra health), and armor (that also can be hacked).
    The player status would be only seen by the bot and if he saw'd a different kind of speed or health he would ban

imagine the average speed is 0,5 (JUST IMAGINE) and there's a player trespassing that limit with 1,0 the bot would see that and ban that player because the limit of speed would be of 0,5, and how the player trespassed that limit he got banned

#2 direct report

Look I know you can't acuse a player for cheating in Mineplex buuut they should have some kind of report while gaming, for this we should have the /report command that when you type that code it would appear the names of the hacks and also appear the usernames of the people that are playing the current game it would be like this.

<Username> <hack> and the list of hacks would be written below the username space and hack space,for you know what to do and for what report and this would be like a message to the next item on the list that is

*drums*

#3 have an administrator

A player that can't play the game but can get to look at people and their behavior around the map, and for doing that they would receive something for administrating the map like shards or exp even boxes (maybe).
    He is the one that get to ban people because the anti-cheat bot can't handle some things
    Alone he would need assistance and there's were the administrators would come in

Well guys that's it for today if you guys agree with me say in the comments or if I said something wrong that they already added as well I would like to say sorry thanks for reading this and I'll see you around eating some cake

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  2. Hola!

I actually strongly agree with this suggestion. Firstly, stats like this can be super useful when fighting against someone. To be perfectly honest, it’s hard to fight someone when you have little idea of what their health is at, which can lead to be cleaned or outgeared. I find it frustrating when this happens, as I would normally be able to top my opponent, but was not able to because of the lack of knowledge I had. Now, I think this idea stand-alone is really good, but you went that extra step to connect it to the anti-cheat. I am all for this feature, as there isn’t any way a player could exceed the maximum speed limit and be false banned for it, unless they used some type of speed hack to which they would be banned for using. I think this is an extremely well-developed idea and would pose as a major purpose in PVP and in stopping hackers.

I have to agree with this idea as well. To begin with, this feature already exists on Java, and to my knowledge is a good way of getting hackers punished, so why not bring it to Bedrock? Additionally, there are unfortunately not as many Bedrock staff as there are Java staff, so it’s hard to cover the large amount of players that we have - this feature would extremely help out with this factor, as we would be able to deal with any hackers that we had not come across before, thus limiting the amount of hackers on the server.

Not sure if you’re aware of this, but there are already “administrators” on the Mineplex server, which are Moderators and Trainees, who basically have the same purpose as these “administrators” that you are suggesting, our job is to efficiently moderate the server and punish rule-breakers - which is what you described that these players would do.

With that being said, thanks for suggesting these ideas!

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  3. They changed the rule about hackusating, only if it is spammed you will get punished I believe

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. Those are some nice suggestions I must say. However, as a Java player, I cannot correlate with #2 since we already have it, but I believe it would be an amazing feature to bring to bedrock. Furthermore, the idea of the statistics in #1 is an excellent idea that isn't too hard to implement with the right development from my perspective.

#3, if I am not mistaken, is having the aid of staff members to be ready to catch hackers, or as you dubbed them, administrators. There're people ready for these tasks, as @xGetRekted said, Moderators and Trainees, voluntary employees of the server who are ready to assist players, act as administrators in the way you described to stop cheaters in their paths. To private message a staff member or find the list of staff members, go here.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    Ganvyr, Fusafez and xGetRekted like this.
  5. Note: This is more for bedrock than Java.

Sorry. Just commenting here. Here's an idea of mine. It may not be a great one but it's a suggestion.

As many players know, if you spell "Hack" "Hacking" "Hax" ect. you will receive a message telling the player that accusing other players of cheating is against Mineplex rules. I still agree with that. However, if 2 or more players from different teams say "Hack" "Hax" ect. and recieve that message, wouldn't it be interesting if that sent a message in the staff chat or to the anticheat to alert a mod that a hacker might be in the game? This may be able to point moderators and admins in the right direction and stop hackers in game instead of resorting to the mineplex.com/reports system.

In a way (I don't know how this would necessarily work), there could be a queue system for this kind of thing. I know that moderators wouldn't be able to cover every single instance of people saying "Hack", because many accuse others of hacking incorrectly all the time. However, we could prioritize certain games over others with a queue system. Certain games that set off this "Hax" alert system will put the matches in a queue. A game will be higher in the queue if:
    1. There is a larger amount of time left in the game (when the game is placed into the queue)
    2. There are more players setting off the alert system
    3. How long ago the game was put into the queue. (This would only refresh every 2 minutes so the server doesn't go crazy constantly checking time.)

In order to code this (I'm no expert at coding. I only know very little), a point system could be arranged. For each distinct player that sets off the alarm, the game (let's call it CW-18) receives 4 points. So if 5 players set off the alarm, Point(CW-18) = 20. Adding to that, if there are 10 minutes left in the game, that adds 10 more points. (Always round up to the highest number no matter the decimal). So now, Point(CW-18) = 30. And if CW-18 was put into the queue 3 minutes ago, that adds 3 points, so now, Point(CW-18) = 33. Then, an organized list could be made, so staff can organize games. It could look like this in chat.

Queue:

1. SW-12 (Claim) [37]
    2. CW-18 (Claim) [33]
    3. ect.

To pull up this menu, a staff member can type /hqueue. Then, a staff member can press claim in staff chat and they will be taken to the game. This then removes that game from the queue, because a staff member is now looking into it.

If this is already a thing, sorry. While mentioned in the last post, not all people know how to private message a staff member, and many don't have an account or screen recorder to report hackers in the first place. Now, I know it's unreasonable to expect an admin/mod to monitor every game. That's impossible. This suggestion might be able to help though. But with people (i'm saying this again) falsely reporting Hacking, or people joking about hacking, this system may not work. I'm just hoping to offer a solution to bedrock hacking, because in the course of 1hr and 10min, I made 3 hacking reports on the Mineplex website (with video evidence of course). Though they were all accepted, I know that it isn't a long-term solution to have individual players report hackers, especially because it's more difficult than it should be on bedrock to report.

Just trying to help. Thanks for reading.

Posted Jun 21, 2020
    ChocoStudios, Diego0160 and zapig like this.
  6. I say the same, yesterday I entered the Cake wars game and when the game started, within 30 seconds, a person from the yellow team was equipped with full diamonds and killed me with a single blow. Too bad I didn't record it.

Posted Jun 22, 2020
  7. Like how xGetReked sayd ;)

Posted Jun 25, 2020
  8. we need a anti cheat badly there is a app for android called tool belt esentailey giving anyone who uses it the entire creative inventory

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Diego0160 likes this.
  9. Hey! I totally agree with you but I also have noticed some things.

I see a lot more hackers on the server around 8pm-12am in central standard time (CST).

Most of the hackers I see play either cakewars or micro battles.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Diego0160 and Perseus like this.
  10. i thinks its mostly younger kids there havk execution is really poor like blatent flying and critical hacks but are really bad at combat defence and such if you see one of them rush there base and eliminate them but remember to report

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Diego0160 likes this.
  11. We already have an Anti-Cheat though it could use improving. Also there are WAY more clients than ToolBox for your information.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Diego0160 and UCYT5040 like this.
  12. I don’t hack

Posted Jul 19, 2020
  13. Ok! I’m glad you don’t!

Posted Jul 19, 2020
    Diego0160 likes this.
  14. How can we know Xd
    How can we know XD

Posted Jul 20, 2020
  15. I’m joking lol everyone knows this kid hacks

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    Diego0160 and WowTamman like this.
  16. We all know who this kid is •_•

Posted Jul 21, 2020
  17. Hello everyone I have taken some evidence about some people who give you a potion and then kill you with a single blow, I took it a moment ago.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  19. @Diego0160, it's great that you want to report hackers, but a forum thread is the wrong place to do it. In order to report, bring your evidence to this webpage. However, before you go there, in order to report instances of hacking, video evidence is required, not just screenshots. For the full details, refer to the reporting guide.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  20. Thanks you.

Posted Jul 29, 2020