• 1453 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4032 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The DrawBridge

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by IsWater, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Should this be a game in mineplex?

This poll will close on May 8, 2020 at 4:06 PM.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Needs work

66.7%
  1. The DrawBridge is a game sort of like Bridges but better, Nobody wants to play a hour long game and wait forever in a lobby for a game to fill!

The DrawBridge is like a Mini version of The Bridges
    Only needing 20 players

Each player will spawn in their team castle next to a npc called The King

Who is the king?
    The King is a NPC that when right clicked will put up a option for a Easy, Medium, Or hard task, players will be able to select up to two tasks

A task will be something like
    “Go collect 3 string from the spiders den behind the castle at (insert coordinates) or

“Go visit the two soldiers at the DrawBridge and see what they have too say, or

“Go Kill 5 mobs in the dungeon”

Items like ores will become stone once mined, but regenerate over time like string, the dungeon will haves spawned so it can respawn mobs, after completing a task you will receive a certain amount of SP, Shop points which you can give too a merchant outside the castle that can sell you all kinds of stuff,

PvP
    After 10-15 Minutes the drawbridges will fall and PvP will be enabled like the bridges

Time Spots
    (I couldn’t think of a good name for this)
    Every 10 minutes each team will get a certain buff debuff good item or bad item to add a bit of random into the game,

This game was just an idea I came up with on the fly I’m sure it can be improved a lot

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  2. Even though this is meant to be an alternative to bridges it’s too much like bridges because you mine resources and bridges fall. Also bridges games take about 15-20 minutes. And you said you want a game that doesn’t take that long but considering it would take 15 minutes for the bridges to fall that’s pretty long and would take longer than bridges. It would be a waste of resources since this is too much like bridges and mining for 15 minutes would get boring. It doesn’t have that many features. The whole game is technically mining and fighting. Not that many people would play this game because it’s like the bridges and it’s just straight on pvp.
    Overall I need more detail and it has me feature that make it unique and it’s too much line bridges but longer I’ll give this idea a -1

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  3. Hey there!

I understand where you are coming from with trying to make a shorter version of The Bridges, but firstly, I don't believe the length of The Bridges is a problem, and secondly, this gamemode doesn't seem to be any shorter than The Bridges. I like your aspect with the different tasks players on the teams may have to do, but the reasoning behind having them isn't very unique (Buying things from a merchant), it feels too similar to Cake Wars in that way. Also, you said it was a smaller version of The Bridges, only needing 20 players, but if I remember correctly, The Bridges only needs 20 players for the countdown to start as well. Maybe you mean to say that there is a max of 20 players per game? Overall, I feel like this game may be too similar to other games to add into the network, and also has many different holes in the idea that should be clarified. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  4. Hello!
    Hi!
    I partly agree with this. TheBridge does take some time to start, but it doesn’t take that long to start, eventually it does start. I think the idea is creative and I see why you might think it is a good idea. I still have some questions though; How many teams will there be? Will there be any kits? What version is this for? What is the length of the game? What maps will there be? This is also very similar to TheBridge and there might be some copyright issues. All and all, I think it needs to be improved on, enjoy your day! -1

Posted Dec 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2019 at 8:15 PM
  5. Hello!
    Personally, I can see some fatal flaws with this game. First of all, it sort of reminds me of SkyBlock on a certain major server, due to all of the objectives and the “Spider’s Den” and NPCs telling you what quests to do.... all and all like SkyBlock. Secondly, I don’t really see the need for a game like this and I feel as if this idea was just thrown out there. Mineplex needs games that are full of thought and excitement and I just can’t see this game doing that.

Sorry, but I’d give it a -1.

Happy Suggesting,
    -LT

Posted Dec 10, 2019 at 8:49 PM
    xGetRektedx likes this.