• 1181 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5087 Players Online
  • 3906 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The connection in China is too slow!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Help' started by Sweeneyliu, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For a long time,we Chinese players couldn't play games in Mineplex normally with terrible lags but I could still bear it.However,I can't enter the server anymore recently and it's always stuck in 'Connecting the external server',that really makes me annoyed!!!
    I have met a lot of players like me in China,we all hope that we can have a better gaming experience.Do hope Mineplex can attach more attention to Chinese player. We get so many players in China,and I think you won't let these player go away in vain.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  2. Well, there are various factors affecting connection to the server. Your location could be one, yes. But have you tried resetting your WiFi adapter? Or perhaps turning your WiFi on and off? Maybe it’s simply your WiFi, however if other people in China are experiencing the same issue, I guess it is a problem with location. I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience but I’m not certain there’s anything that can be done about this issue.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    ShutUpMyChild :) likes this.
  3. Didn't know this was bedrock, never mind

Posted Feb 23, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 25, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Jaek like this.
  4. Well the servers are located in the Chicago in the US. China im afraid is like pretty much on the other side of the world. So that could be one reason why the connection isn’t so good. there are many players from Europe and other parts of Asia that I’ve heard experience similar issues, but it’s also possible it may just be your internet connection like LT stated above.

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  5. Some suggestions to help with connection problems are to get a WiFi Booster which would help with the connection to the server or like @LT Tombstone 77 said you can always reset your adapter and see if that helps. Most likely you will still experience some lag do to the distance between the host and China. I am sorry for any inconveniences you have with connecting to the server.

Posted Mar 9, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  6. If you're connecting via China (Mainland China), most likely the issue you face is having a slow connection from a VPN that bypasses the government filter. As I believe Minecraft is blocked in China, trying to connect via that VPN makes ping times fly off the roof. For Hong Kong, it's most likely because the nearest server is Chicago which slows down the ping connection.

Posted Mar 9, 2020
  7. Hi,

As you will most likely know from experience, connecting to servers in China can be problematic due to you needing to use a VPN to bypass filtering. At the current moment, there isn't anything you can really do, you could test trying to use different VPN connections and troubleshoot online. You may also benefit from contacting your VPN provider and asking them what they would recommend.

However, given the distance issues which is amplified by the need for a VPN (despite what common sources might tell you VPNs will never speed up your connection this just isn't how they work) you are in a slight pickle. I would recommend playing games which focus less on pvp so your lag has less of an effect on you.

The forums are also a great place to communicate with people so you might want to check the forums out as well.

Given there isn't anything we can do I'm going to go ahead and lock your thread and move it to the help section

Thread Locked & Moved

Posted Mar 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM
    Vocaloiid and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.