• 342 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3458 Players Online
  • 3116 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Circumstances of Encouraging Teaming in PvP Games

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Ducksicle, Apr 8, 2021.

1. I think that punishments already get harsher for multiple offenses. If someone ignores a warning and you are able to get video evidence of them teaming, then of course they should get a harsher punishment.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  2. The thing is my friends have reported teaming in the past and even after they got banned they would come back and still team.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  3. The bans for teaming are not permanent, but they stack in time. I'm not exactly sure what the increase is, but it starts at 4 hours initially. Afterwards it rises and could last days. Unfortunately they do come back but we hope that they'd be less inclined to team again after sitting out a ban from it - but if they do you are free to report them again and they will be gone for longer

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  4. Unless you live next to your computer and mineplex is your life, a 4 hour ban is nothing.

Its litteraly said when u enter a solo mode that teaming is bannable, everyone does it knowingly.

Theres also too many methods where you can team without being banned, so reporting doesnt always work. They should just remove ffa in general for some games because it pretty much causes people to subconciously team and rewards people for trucing.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  5. We know this, but I think what he was saying is that if someone were warned first, then recorded teaming, the punishment should be worse than if this person didn't have a warning initially. In this case, maybe longer ban time than the first-time 4 hour ban.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  6. Honestly, mineplex seems to give people a whole area to team. FFA gamemodes if everyone is the same skill level or if one person is slightly higher skill level basically makes people team to kill them, else they ignore the better player and lose. The option to team is very simple to do and doesnt hold much risk.

Teaming seems very accepted since any evidence supporting them not teaming (like them hitting eachother once) may instantly make reports invalid or evidence insufficient.

Because of this, many blatant teamers can keep teaming for sometimes hundreds of games before recieving any punishment at all. And even then its just a 4 hour ban. By the time they get harsly punished they will already have won a bunch of games and made the game unfun for tons of players.

For proof of this, just look at the stats of some of the top daily ssm players. Its very easy to see that they either stat boost or team since pretty much most of them dont have the skill to get that many wins a day against even average players.

Edit: Sorry if this comment is slightly off topic, but I still think it should be addressed when talking about teamers

Posted Apr 11, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 11, 2021