• 348 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8786 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The Chicken is way way too powerful in super smash mobs!!! Please balance it ASAP!

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by ShadowCreeperr, Sep 19, 2019.

1. In super smash mobs there is a huge problem! The chicken kit is way way too powerful!! Because it can practically fly around the map because it has 6 double jumps, it never falls off the edge so the only way to kill it is with damage. But its hit box is so small its almost impossible to hit it, and because it can fly its even harder to hit! and it has an ability to instantly recharge one of its attacks when it hits someone with that attack! So it can cycle its attack. It is a really really big problem because everyone is using the chicken and if you don't use the chicken you will die to a chicken! And I really want to use other kits but if I do ill just lose to a chicken! Its horrible, please balance it and make it much weaker, for example make it have only 2 extra jumps instead of six, and make its attack cool down 50% longer, and please get rid of the ability to instantly recharge its attack when it hits something because its pretty much and endless attack. Please Please fix this as soon as possible! Because Super smash mobs is my favorite minecraft mini game! Love you all, and good bye :D

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  2. False. Chicken is terrible and it's only viable option is to run and starve people out. Ways to counter chicken:
    1) Aim- any class can beat a chicken in a melee fight. It's not easy with the hitbox, but unless you're on trackpad it shouldn't be hard either.
    2)Ranged kits- skelly and zomb murder chicken. Especially skelly because you don't really even need to aim.
    3) kits with half decent range damage- squid, pig, enderman, slime all can easily out damage chicken by spacing with their range.
    4) Anything with aoe- particularly creeper, witch, and magma who's abilities are ranged, somewhat spammable and aoe.

The only kit I can think of that has a bad matchup against chicken is a worse chicken.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    matrixyst and SpookVegetables like this.
  3. Ya that is a little false the, chicken is really OP just hear me out on this one! If its weak then why is almost every player playing with it and winning?! and there is a trick to using the chicken! You just fly and position yourself somewhere safe and camp there and just use you ranged attacks to snipe and kill them quickly! And if someone comes to you to try to kill you, you just fly to a new location. and its impossible to kill it with knock back because it just flies back. So you need to kill it with damage and its so difficult to hit it with that hit box. So you should learn the classic chicken strategy its OP!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 19, 2019
  4. And if they do that then that's where you switch to ranged

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  5. It never used to have a mana type system where the jumps would recharge. Back then, if the chicken just touched the ground, then the jumps would recharge. So the jumps I dont think are overpowered at the moment.

To compensate for it's small hitbox, the chicken also has extremely low armour and low regeneration speed. Melee-ing a chicken is probably not your best bet as long range attacks are better suited. Try Zombie, Skeleteon and Sheep as some kits that are effective against chickens.

The whole point of the chicken class is to be able to fly away quickly to avoid battles. 2 flaps is too low imo. Maybe it can be lowered to 5 but I still think that 6 is fine seeing as the flaps are not the same height as a jump.

The chickenn missile attack is okay in my opinion. The attack only recharges instantly if it hits the other player's hitbox so I am not too sure if that needs tobe nerfed to be honest.

Overall chicken is not difficult if you know how to beat it (maiinly through long range attacks). If you keep on practicing against chickens, you will eventually get better at defeating them!

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    KarmaCallama likes this.
    Posted Sep 20, 2019
    KarmaCallama likes this.
  7. Pffft Chicken is one of the easiest kit to beat even if you use IG (smallest hitbox vs largest hitbox) unless you're fighting Emperor_Loungfei because his Chicken is OP :p

But like PapiKirito said, just aim and hit accurately. Using F3+B would help too, just don't trust it all the time.

On the other hand, play melee Chicken if you want to have fun/annoy everyone xD

Posted Sep 20, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 23, 2019
  8. yes but that doesnt mean it shouldnt get a nerf its recovery is so overpowered! Just to balace things up.
    --- Post updated ---
    well I think that it does need a nerf, like maybe it isntantly charges it by 50% instead of 100% and you can just stack hits over and over.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 7, 2019
  9. As an avid player of chicken these days, I have to say that I disagree. I think Chicken is in a pretty balanced state as of now, you have two skillshot abilities and low armor and regen to compensate for it's mobility. Even the flap has gotten nerfed from it's old state. I would consider Chicken to be annoying but not broken by any means. You can get 3 hit by a wolf for example who just grounds you with it's cub. Ranged attack mean you cant fight back. Miss an ability? It's melee range for you chicken and getting close to enemies is less then ideal. Chicken needs to keep it's mobility and tinyness, that's the appeal and niche of the chicken. I heard a lot of complaints about chicken being annoying to play against but personally playing against an enemy chicken has actually been fun! It really satisfying to finally hit the chicken and destroy it, and if I am also playing chicken, we have a missile/egg/fly battle! I know it's frustrating to a lot of players but you have to learn it's weaknesses then the matchup will get easier. Also, a lot of player's might not be using chicken to it's full potential, only a select few top players know truly how to master the chicken. I could give a lot of other reasons and examples but here's some to think about. All in all, I believe that chicken is perfectly fine as it is and is balanced. It shouldn't be necessary that the chicken gets touched, but if the balance team so wills it, I do hope the nerfs will be light. Praying here for some buffs myself!

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  10. Hey!
    As a die heart SSM player myself, I can only partially agree on saying that the chicken kit is overpowered. It takes practice for a player to become a good player with the chicken kit, players just starting out aren't normally insanely good. Do I think Chicken needs a small nerf? Absolutely, yes! But nothing that major due to the fact that chicken takes somewhat of skill to actually become a good chicken SSM player. But, for the most part I think the chicken kit is balanced. I, myself am not a chicken player, I play as Whither Skeleton. Some chicken players can be annoying at times and sometimes it just gets tiring running into wolves and chickens, but then the next day you have the best day of your life playing SSM, it just all depends on who you're playing against on what specific day.
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  11. hmmmm well I can tell your a fan of the chicken but it really is kinda anoying to fight. I have a few ideas on how to properly nerf it with out it being to weak, first when it hits an enemy with chicken missile it recharges 60% of that attack instead of 100% and it should have five flaps instead of six. tell me what you think and if you have another idea on how to nerf it. :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:36 PM
  12. Chicken should not be nerfed but reworked in a way that encourages more aggression. Once you can accurately hit chicken with melee, chicken literally becomes the worst kit in the game. Because of its super-low armor, it forces most users to have a "running" playstyle. Most people believe that giving chicken a more aggressive playstyle will make chicken way less annoying to fight.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:13 PM
    DaGourmand likes this.
  13. chicken is one of the worst kits in the game~

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:31 PM
    DaGourmand and Awesome299 like this.
  14. Just wasted 8000 gems on chicken. It sucks :(
    --- Post updated ---
    But maybe it's just because I suck with it

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:47 PM
    DaGourmand and matrixyst like this.
  15. don't worry, this is the one occasion where you can actually blame the kit and not the user

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:55 PM
    Awesome299 likes this.
  16. Pros to chicken:

Slick and able to make solid getaways, spammable abilities, great mobility

Cons:

Regeneration is an absolute joke (1/10 a heart per second)

if bone kicked, sulphur bombed, slime rocket’d/slammed, or potion’d in the face it’s sent flying (200% kb)

Armor does no favors for it

Flap requires chicken to remain earthbound for several seconds to fully recharge, so if you harass it in those few seconds, you can deal massive damage, bone rush is especially good since it will deny flap recovery

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 3:57 AM