• 1027 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10580 Players Online
  • 9553 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The Champions Datapack

Discussion in 'Champions' started by _Quarters_, Mar 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

For those who are wondering, or those who are curious, I'm in search of the Datapack that went into developing the minigame Champions. This may sound odd upon first read, but let me explain.

I've been playing on Mineplex for quite some time now. I started playing Minecraft around when 1.7.10 released, and one of the first things I did was load up Mineplex to play Dragon Escape. However one of the games that I thoroughly enjoyed was Champions -- Or Dominate as it was known previously. The whole kit-based PVP system was something that I adored, and having each kit be based upon certain RPG Archetypes made for a game that I fell in love with.

That being said, times have changed, and as much as it pains me to say it, the server has changed as well.

With a major decline in the playerbase, there's seemingly limitations on what games are able to be played. I believe someone in a previous thread summed it up best by saying: "there are about 1-3 lobbies [available] during the day, and 1-2 lobbies at night." Frankly, this comment breaks my heart.

As much as I would love to be able to, I can't simply join a game of Champions whenever there's an open lobby anymore, which is why I've begun my search. I'm currently looking for any information regarding this game, the code behind this game, the datapack that makes this game, or anything that went into the creation of Champions.

Let Me Clarify: I am not trying to profit off of the Minigame that Mineplex has created by hosting it elsewhere. I would simply like to be able to play the game with my friends on our own maps privately.

That being said, I completely understand the reason behind not wanting to share any private information this might be related to. But seeing the state of the community has inspired me to atleast try reaching out to any devs or mods or people capable of providing any information. If anyone has any sort of follow-up to this, please comment on this thread, or message me privately at -snip-

also pls dont ban or mute me just for askin. :P

Posted Mar 28, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 29, 2021
  2. I get where you're coming from, but you could very easily turn around and sell that information or use it for your own benefit. I trust that you just want to play with your friends, but legally there would need to be some sort of binding contract, and Mineplex would not benefit from entering that kind of contract with you, especially since the game is still up and playable on our server. If you upgrade your rank to Legend or higher, you can create an MPS and only allow your friends in. From there, you can control which games to play and even specifically choose which map you would like.

If you have enough friends to fill your own games, you have enough friends to fill a public lobby or host a Champions MPS.

Developers or Leaders with more information are not likely to read casual forums posts such as this one, and I don't think there's anything a community member could add on to this thread that would be helpful. That being said, I don't think this thread fosters positive community discussion, so it will be locked.

Posted Mar 28, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.