• 1359 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3443 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion The Bridge, For Bedrock Users

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OrangeGamer18, Oct 20, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, it is!

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Maybe...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Nah, I am a hater

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. I think bedrock could really have a new minigame added, I am not platformist and I don’t care if this is added to Java too, but I’ve seen a lot of servers with the game “The Bridge” were basically there is a bridge. The bridge connects two islands, and the other team must get to the other side of the bridge and jump in a hole, a.k.a the goal. They will score a point. First team to 10 wins!
    Here are my kit ideas:
    Warrior - FREE - Iron sword, leather armor, and infinite blocks
    Archer - 1000 Gems - Bow (Arrow every 10 sec), wooden sword, infinite blocks, leather armor
    Builder - 1000 Gems - Stone sword, infinite blocks, shears, leather armor
    Gladiator- 3000 Gems - stone sword (knockback 1), infinite blocks, leather armor
    Tank - 3000 Gems - Wooden sword, infinite blocks, 0.5 protection, leather armor

There are 3 players per team!

Suggest kits and add a comment on this, what do you think?

Posted Oct 20, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2019
  2. Hey!

I don't play bedrock often so in terms of Java I standstill on this idea. The game is on many other servers as you've stated so Mineplex should either have their own twist on it, otherwise the game wouldn't mean anything to players and they might as well just go play on another server for it.

I see a couple of other issues with this too. Considering teams will be of 8 and each player will have 'infinite' blocks, the bridge could get really cluttered and annoying. Even though builders exist, players could place a block twice or triple the times as fast that a player could break it. This means that if a player was determined enough, they could troll the game and stall it via the use of infinite blocks.

There isn't 0.5 protection on armor, and with that being said, even if the user did have protection 1 on it, it would be a much less overpowered kit compared to warrior. The dealing of 6 damage whereas tank can just absorb a hit or two extra is nothing. In my opinion, I don't think the archer kit gets enough arrows either. Having just one arrow every 10 seconds could only do so much. I suggest that archers either start with 5 arrows or get an arrow every 5 seconds, rather than 10. In this sense the kits need adjusting.

The games could end REALLY quickly if there are 8 people per team. Even having 4 people a team would be a little much, considering that the respawn time should be around 3-5 seconds. Players could rush the other side of the bridge in seconds and jump in the hole very quickly.

Overall, I don't really think I would play this game often. It just doesn't sound amazingly appealing, and could just use work based on the above suggestions. Thanks for your idea, but for now I'm going to have to go with a -1.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  3. I do agree the kits do need improvement, but like I said, this is a existing game already on a bunch of other bedrock servers and they all have infinite blocks, so, ya
    --- Post updated ---
    And also I forgot to state the number of players, which is 3 per team, oops

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
  4. Technically this idea has already been considered under “pocket bridges”

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  5. I can’t find the forum, I found won were someone wanted to add the java bridges to Mineplex, but rather than that, no, I don’t think there is another forum, send another link

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
  6. Posted Oct 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  7. Good idea but I think the first two kits are too cheap

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  8. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas

I'm not a big fan of adding a version of a game to Mineplex that already exists on other servers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the concept of the game but I think the idea should be heavily modified to make it stand out from the ones on other servers. I also think having two teams is quite little and games would likely end up being a stalemate if this were the case, so I would like to see having four teams instead. I also suggest changing infinite blocks because as Gzen said, the map would get very cluttered quickly.

That idea seems to be about a different kind of Bridges - specifically, the one that requires survival such as mining and crafting. The OP's suggestion requires jumping in a hole at the opponent's island.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  9. Yo,

If the game is what I envisioned after reading this, I think it’d be too difficult for mobile users compared to those on WIN10. If it’s based off of a singular bridge for people to cross, while also having PVP involved to knock the other player off, then carrying out those tasks on mobile or switch would be too difficult. I do like the idea of this, but I just don’t think it’ll work because of the skill floor needed. I hope you understand where I’m coming from with this, if you don’t feel free to PM me and I’ll try and go more in depth. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    jxcb likes this.
  10. I have played this game mode on other servers, and it would be interesting to see how Mineplex would do it. Though I don't think this would really fit into Bedrock. As Landay mentioned, their would be too much of a skill gap. It's so much easier to do basically anything on the windows 10 version, and would be easy to grind exp, shards etc. Three players seem alright, though I think that there should be just two. It would get really messy if there are 3+ people, and especially if they have the potential for 'infinite' blocks. Gladiator also shouldn't have knockback, as knocking off players is a vital part of the gameplay and I think it would be slightly OP. I'm neutral on this and will be giving it a +0. Thanks for your idea.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
  11. Posted Nov 8, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  12. Fix the knockback first

Posted Nov 8, 2019
  13. I feel like a new game for bedrock would be nice, but I feel like it is something that would not come that quickly hopefully there will be something in December... Anybody else use Grammarly?

Posted Nov 8, 2019