• 1668 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10106 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

The amount of teaming/inappropriate drawings on here is crazy high

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by Dinnersaur_, Apr 2, 2019.

1. This has been one of my favorite games for years, but having people on here who just can't take it seriously ultimately ruins everyone else's experience. People who intentionally ruin the game for others should face some penalty for it. It's annoying, (especially teamers) because:
    -Even though you're such a good player they still get more points than you (even though they're cheating)
    -It makes games unfair and not fun
    -Their drawings could be offensive or controversial
    -If you mention that you suspect them of teaming, some of them will instantly get toxic (could file report for chat abuse though)

I know that we can take screenshots of inappropriate drawings as proof, but it's a lot harder to prove people of teaming. Since there's no concrete proof that there's teamers, I'm not too sure what we can do, even though they make it pretty obvious. Like if they guess each other's word first every time but no one else's, I think that may be a little more than just a coincidence. Another thing is if you accuse someone of teaming without mentioning names, you can see if the teamers in question get all defensive about it. And yes, they normally do, which makes them seem even more suspicious. I don't want someone to get in trouble for being falsely accused of teaming, but I am usually sure of it when people actually are. Once again, I feel like this is a major problem but I don't see what there is to do about it.

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I totally understand your situation, since I'm a pretty avid fan of Draw My Thing as well. I'm not sure what Mineplex can do in order to fix the issue of teaming, as it is a problem that can be a bit ambiguous and tedious to deal with. However, if you do get suspicious, I suggest contacting a staff member via StaffRequest so that they can take appropriate action. There are other problems with the game, such as inappropriate drawings and revealing the word by spelling it out on the board, but as you mentioned, those can be pretty easily dealt with by submitting a report on the forums. Overall, I do agree with you that there are some flaws within Draw My Thing, but you can take some action to deal with rule-breakers that may arise in the future.

Have a great day! :)

Posted Apr 2, 2019
  3. As AceSJus said, there's nothing MP can really do about players teaming with others since they can't control what a player says to another on a separate application. I do agree that inappropriate drawings are not cool and it happens too much, but you can usually get a player reported quite easily with a simple screenshot.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  4. this is report-able and you should defiantly report them, but sadly, GWENs can't sensor those things and it's hard to get them off the game since they think they are being cool and pro while they are breaking the game's rule.
    And if I was you, take a screen shot of the inappropriate picture and make a report! I'm sure you won't have to see them for a while then.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
  5. Even if there is some "suspicious" behavior that indicates two or more players are teaming, there isn't anything we can do about it. If you report teaming in DMT in StaffRequest, a staff member will just tell you that it's not punishable.

There are too many different factors and unknowns that make it difficult to be 100% sure that teaming is going on in certain situations. I have personally been accused of cheating/teaming when I happen to guess the word fairly quickly, when in reality I just have a long list of words memorised. I believe some sort of algorithm to determine if someone was cheating was devised by @Smaland47 (correction:TheAule) or someone else from GI, but I am not sure what happened to that. Even if something like that was implemented, I think there would still be incorrect determinations of teaming. It sucks, I know. DMT is one of my favorite games, and I wish there was a foolproof solution to the teaming problem.

Posted Apr 3, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 3, 2019
  6. @TheAule developed most if not all of the algorithm if I remember correctly. It was typed up but an update for DMT hasn't been pushed, so it's mostly just sitting there.

Posted Apr 3, 2019
    Smaland47 and florence ♡ like this.
  7. Unfortunately, this is like a case of trying to get proof of someone harassing you in a public toilet, but since there are no cameras in toilets due to privacy reasons, it is hard for you to get proof. You know they've harassed you, but you just couldn't gather proof for it. Much like you knowing they're teaming, but they sadly go unpunished.

To put it bluntly, there is nothing much Mineplex can do.

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  8. Alright, it looks like nothing can be done then. Guess I'll just have to get in arguments with teamers for the rest of my life then lol

Thanks for the feedback, everyone

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 5, 2019
  9. Hi!
    I completely understand where you're coming from. Inappropriate drawings are indeed punishable, so just contact in StaffRequest or submit your evidence at mineplex.com/reports. Now, I've heard a lot, not just you, about the teaming situation should be punishable. While there are some who are really good at it, we can't just assume that they came on their alt with only say 1 win. Besides, we may not have access to their platform where they are telling each other the words, which makes it hard for us to determine. But sometimes, you can be lucky enough to beat them if you're able to guess the word first, as I have done multiple times. It does seem to propose an idea from the top of my head, which would be a "chat stop" until 5-10 seconds into the round. That way, while the drawer is guessing, you can have enough time to think of the word before the potential "teamers" get there first. Of course, I don't really wish to suggest it since I don't have a huge problem with potential teamers, but it's there for you if you have any other ideas in mind. If you have any other questions or want to friend me, feel free! Have a nice day!
    Cheers!​

Posted Apr 5, 2019
    MythicalCake likes this.
  10. I play Draw My Thing occasionally, and I do agree that inappropriate drawings and teaming are pretty big problems. However, Mineplex can only do so much to stop these players from continuing.

Inappropriate drawings are easier to deal with than teamers, for a pretty obvious reason. If you ever see an inappropriate drawing, it’s highly advised that you report that player with screenshot evidence. You can also join the StaffRequest community to get a staff member to ban the player(s) making the drawings.

There’s nothing that can really done about teamers since they could be in a voice call or a separate application giving each other the answers, which is something that we can’t change or prove. I’m personally not sure of a solution to this, or if there will ever be one. Unfortunately that’s just the reality of the situation.

Posted Apr 5, 2019