• 399 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5879 Players Online
  • 5480 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Teams Or Solo?

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Nick_Pischel, Nov 17, 2020.

1. When loading into Mineplex about to play some Skywars by myself, would it be a better choice to pick Teams, or Solos? I ask this because I do not know what would be better for my gameplay. I will say that Teams are definetly harder to win alone, especially when you have a teammate that isnt very good, but the problem with solo queues is that after finishing a game with a dub, I don't get as much XP as I would if I played Teams. So considering the fact that I die more when playing Teams, but earn more XP, what mode do you think I should play that would be best for me in the long run when playing by myself.

Posted Nov 17, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  2. Depends, really if your looking for more PvP I’d pick teams. If you want to just chill then I’d pick solo.

I believe you get the same amount of exp on teams and solos. Unless you have a rank and there’s a amplifier going you’ll get more than a non-rank player would get.

Teams is full of hackers. I rarely find hackers on solo, so I’d go for solo.

Posted Nov 17, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.
  3. Alright, thanks for the input. I am going to have to do a little bit of experimenting with the two...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  4. It appears Mineplex is having some issues... 4000 players doesn’t feel right.

Posted Nov 17, 2020
  5. Well right now it is now up to 6.5k, but yeah, something seems of...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  6. I personally think solos is better. Especially if you’re playing alone. With a fast paced game like Skywars, it can be kind of hard to coordinate with someone you don’t know. I think solo games generally are quicker than team games, so even though you get more XP, the games take longer.

I usually get between 1k - 2k XP per win on Solo skywars, so the rewards are still pretty good.

Posted Nov 18, 2020
    StyxKiller03 and MC_Minium like this.
  7. Personally, I'm a big solos guy. I think it's just more fun ig, but I would say sky teams is much easier. I'm currently on a 27 win streak on teams, without dodging lobbies, and I haven't really had to sweat too hard to keep it. For both modes just try to get as many kills as you can as that will give you a lot of xp. Playing aggressive is the way I win most of my games so you should give it a shot, it tends to work out very well >:)

This being said, I've only ever played Java Skywars so it could be very different on bedrock

Have fun

Posted Nov 18, 2020
  8. Alright thanks. That is what most people have been saying so I appreciate your response.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 18, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  9. Thanks. My only question is how do you go through 20 games without getting absolutely destroyed by someone with a KA lmao :D

OP OP
  10. Unfortunately, hackers do pop up once in a while. On Java, there is a community called StaffRequest where you can politely ask a staff member to come to you game and take care of the hacker. On Bedrock, I'm not too sure how the reporting system works but there may be a /report option. You can always report hackers on the forums as well, at mineplex.com/reports. When I do go against a hacker, there are some ways to kill them. I like to rely on a bow if I have one, and if I don't, I try to knock them off into the void. But overall I'd say I just get pretty lucky and don't face too many hackers :D

Posted Nov 18, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.
  11. That's pretty good :D

OP OP
    Looof likes this.
  12. Heyo!
    Personally, I would go with whatever you're feeling for the given day. Try taking into consideration how you're feeling. Do you want a rush of adrenaline trying to fight 2 people at a time in duos while gaining more xp? Or do you want to chill and win some games of solos? Honestly, It's all opinion-based. Personally, I'd enjoy playing solos, as I wouldn't have the potentially stressful responsibility of coordinating with a teammate. In the end, its all up to you! Good luck with whichever mode you choose to play :)

Posted Nov 18, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.
  13. Personally I enjoy solo much more compared to teams. Usually if I'm in a discord call with a friend then I would probably play teams so I could be on the same team as my friend. However, usually I go with solo due to it being much more fast paced, along with to me more intense than teams. I also personally play better in solos for whatever reasons haha. Overall though it's completely up to you and maybe you should play some of both to see what you like the most.

Posted Nov 18, 2020
    Nick_Pischel and Looof like this.
  14. ur skywar nub hehe jus look at dat wlr

anyway, I liek solo and its my favorite when -snip- teems on me :D fun game

Im best skywars player i like never lose im so cool

Posted Nov 18, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 24, 2020
  15. I enjoy solo the most due to it being fast pace and me being able to do my own tasks.

Posted Nov 19, 2020
  16. I personally prefer solos, only because having to rely on a teammate to win games isn’t always optimal. However at times ,with certain people, teams can actually be equally if not more fun than solos. This is because, this is subjective but, the feeling of rushing islands, getting kills and winning games comes with a greater feeling than I get when I’m just playing by myself. Of course that’s subjective, but you may find yourself feeling similar things if you give it a try.

Posted Nov 19, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.
  17. Hey!
    I personally prefer solo, but if your in a 2 person party I recommend playing teams because recently the pretty system has been working pretty well. Also most of the times when your not with anyone in your party you go into a skywars game without a teammate which could be pretty tough when you get 2v1'ed. When you play skywars singles that can be tougher because there is pretty much always that one other sweat in the game. I'm pretty split about this but I'd go for solo if you think your PvP skills are good.
    -Min (i guess)

Posted Nov 19, 2020
    Ryan9116 and yvuggu like this.
  18. Personally I play solos because I am a loner :} I think if you want to focus on improving and really grinding then solo would be the way to go because you would learn things a lot faster and not have to worry about another teammate slowing you down. Also the reward for solo skywars if you win is pretty good just how 510bike mentioned above. If you don't like to be lonely and want richer gameplay for videos then teams would definitely be the way to go. I hope you found this useful!

Posted Nov 19, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.
  19. Yo!

I don't play Skywars much but unless I'm playing with a friend in a voice call, I just chill on solos. Playing teams alone is like playing Among Us alone, not fun (in my opinion). Since you can't really communicate with your teammate, most of the times, it's difficult to actually enjoy teams alone. It'd honestly just be better to play solos until a friend gets online :D

Posted Nov 19, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.
  20. Solo is a lot more fun if you're trying to get better or just chill and have fun. People tend to be better in solo rather than teams, but both are equally as fun. I prefer playing teams when I am in a party, because of the abilities you and your teammate have together combined. Get good at solos and you will find some players who are also good that will want to play teams.

Posted Nov 19, 2020
    Nick_Pischel likes this.