• 345 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2924 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion #Team Trees Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jaekub, Nov 7, 2019.

1. ew, #TeamSunWillDieAnywaySoTheEndOfTheWorldIsInevitable

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  2. That doesn't mean they'll definitely make a profit from it.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  3. This is a really cool and unique idea.

I love the fact that players would be able to donate to something that helps the global community, and Mineplex would be contributing to it. It would be a great way to encourage more players to donate, while also benefitting a good cause. Also, everybody would receive a benefit, there’s no downside to it.

I really love the creativity of the rewards you described. They were put together very well.

If this is added, I wouldn’t mind seeing this occur regularly. (I.e once every 6 months or once every year.)
    It’s a great way to promote more donations, and benefit a good cause.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  4. I don’t even want to comment on the fact that people on this thread believe climate change isn’t real. That’s the type of ignorance to the topic that will cause the world to overheat; however, we won’t get into that.

I think it’s great what you’re doing here, and Mineplex being apart of this, even by a little, would do some good for the environment. No matter your opinion on climate change, trees provide oxygen and take out carbon dioxide. which is a simple fact. More trees is better than no trees, and anything can help. I admire your tenacity in trying to help, but I don’t know if the marketing team at Mineplex will chomp at the idea of 50% of profits going to it. I look forward to seeing what happens with this.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
  5. Eh

Yeah i can totally get behind a fundraiser for the whole mrbeast tree thing. I think what he's doing is awesome and I sincerely hope it makes a different, however small it may be. With that said, Mineplex has never done a fundraising event and given the theme of the server as being a multiplayer mini game server on Minecraft, I do not think this is the platform to do it. Although the idea is nice, it would require a fair amount of work and coordination from behind the scenes from most likely our devs, and potentially some of the SR mod teams. n my view, I would rather have our devs and SR Mod team members putting their effort to benefiting the server itself, rather than a charitable campaign for climate change.

This is not to discourage users from raising money by donating to the YouTubers that are participating as well as the organization who is running it themselves. However, in my view, it is important that the effort and time of our staff team remain focused in efforts and initiatives that improve the server.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    GAM and FluteVegetables like this.
  6. I definitely would like to have this placed into MIneplex as a fundraiser event though it would take a lot of time to process as a project and be implemented. This sort of project would take tons of time to develop and pass through the marketplace team. It would also take developer time which is very limited since the team is small and they already have a stack of bugs, alterations, and updates that they have to work on as of currently and adding another idea to the pile that would be considered immediate I just don't think would work out. Considering the fundraiser ends on January 1st of 2020 and the project already has 15 million trees planted odds are that by the time this whole event ends on Mineplex that it will either be passed 2020 or the 20 million will have already been planted. I know that doesn't necessarily mean donating will end altogether but that does mean it might be considered a counterproductive event in a sense.

I see this event making a good amount of profit, however. A couple of omega chests is already crazy as is and adding in a gadget and title would just add to the profit. I can't see myself NOT purchasing this if it were to come into play. In short, it would make a lot of money. The only thing I might want to add is that if they were to implement this that the pricing should be increased to five or more dollars. If Mineplex were to implement this as well, I find they would have to limit this to a couple per customer. (Let's say) 5 dollars for this bundle and there's an average of 10,000 players on the server throughout the fundraiser. This would at most raise maybe three thousand players to buy something. Two omega chests for five dollars? I'd buy that three times over! I can even see some players going so far as to buy maybe 10 bundles and that would just be way too overpowered. Mineplex would be selling a lot of content with this bundle and especially because half the profits would be moved to the team trees project, I just can't see the marketplace team thinking they would make a maximum profit off this.

I like the idea, but I see some potential issues off it. Unless Mineplex were to make this their priority (which I don't really see happening) the fundraiser will have most likely ended. That doesn't mean the project wouldn't make a good profit though so it's hard to tell which direction this fundraiser would go. With this being a little bit overpowered the costs need to be raised and/or there needs to some limiting. This would, however, make money and bring some traction to the server so I'm really mixed right now. If you have some input I'd love to hear it. +/-0. Thanks!

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  7. I really love this. It's very nice when a company does something to fight pollution. This has definitely my support. +3872639 from me :D. Have a nice day.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  8. Yes,

+Ꝏ

Our ice caps are melting at an extreme rate, we are losing species left and right. You want to know why? It's because of us. I want you to go apologize to the tree that makes you oxygen if it's not cut down already. As it's work is for nothing. Also, we're running low on oil because we've been using it for so long. I'm sorry if this post came off as rude but I strongly dislike people like you.

Posted Nov 9, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 9, 2019

9. I think that it's not about climate changes being fake, but if it's caused by humans or the nature itself.
    --- Post updated ---

We know for a fact that global warming has something to do with with the climate changes, but the question is if it's caused by humans or the nature. That's where the disagreements are starting.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  10. It's pretty much exclusively human activity.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  11. Well that's where the debates start. Some people say it's not humans, and some do. I'm just going to stay neutral, but I just wanted to say that it's different opinions about the climate change.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  12. It is humans though. We are and have been introducing so much carbon into our atmosphere. Automobiles, factories, I could go on.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  13. I think having a gadget that plants trees would be a awesome little twist on a fun fundraiser, along with @wattywatty14's idea of a bone-meal type cosmetic. Perhaps something with the YouTube community as well, like a charity livestream - that would be fun to see! A +1 from me, though.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    GAM and wattywatty14 like this.
  14. Heyo,

First off I commend you for thinking of this. It will be very helpful to the fundraiser if Mineplex decides to add this to the server. I think as Oscaros said, if we are going to do this, we should donate 80% of the profits so we can donate more, making it look like we are donating rather than just splitting.

I also like the different cosmetics you came up with for this. They seem well thought out, and I love the Tree Planting Gadget. Also, I do think that if you want to donate extra money, you should rather send it through Team Trees directly rather than Mineplex.

Overall, I really like this idea and hope it gets implemented. +1

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  15. I really like this idea. The gadget sounds super appealing to me. The omega chests is a good idea too as those are currently unpurchasable. This would make mineplex look alot better as a server itself. They would need to advertise this alot as well. I don’t really see anything negative about this. Overall, +20,000

Not sure you know the difference between climate and temperature but okay

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  16. I'm all in for this, I actually had a server owner friend of mine implement this into their server store and it worked out great! I definitely think Mineplex should add this to the store however I think having it be 60-70% of proceeds go to teamtrees is better than 80 or 50% as it is somewhat of a middle-ground. The friend of mine did 50/50 which I did not agree with, it just seems to be a split as mentioned above, 80% seems too large and doesn't do much good for Mineplex itself. However, 60-70% would be a great middle-ground and I see no issues with that. I'd be curious to see what comes out of this idea, I'm all for it as stated!

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  17. Hello,
    I definitely think Mineplex should make a cosmetic or store item to help support team trees. It is such a great fundraiser for a great cause and I would definitely purchase a special deal with some profits going to the organization through Mineplex. Although it would be hard to coordinate and execute in a timely matter, I think it is worth a try for Mineplex to give a helping hand. Thanks for suggesting this, and I think it would be really great for Mineplex to join in on this fundraiser. +1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  18. Hello!

I think that this idea is so sweet, and would be a great addition here! I think that even though it would be difficult to bring together, and publish. That it should happen! This would help our planet out by just simply buying items in the Mineplex shop. I thing this is a great idea, and give one-hundred percent confidence that I would contribute something to this if I could. Stating this, I give this idea a +1!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  19. I'm all for charities, but I'll play the devil's advocate on this notion. I just believe that if you'd like to give to a charity or a good cause, why not do it yourself on their platform? You're not changing the reputation of Mineplex based on one outstanding merit alone. It has good or worthwhile qualities to it, but you're essentially paying to donate, frankly.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  20. I think this would be an amazing idea! Not only would it be a great way to help Team Trees, but it would also raise awareness for the amazing fundraiser Team Trees has organized as there are many players on mineplex who would likely spread the word!

Posted Nov 17, 2019