• 574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6369 Players Online
  • 5795 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Team speed builders

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by 32yom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. I think it would be cool to have a team speed builders, it could have harder builds to compensate for more people

Posted Sep 11, 2020
    73GG and Jylie (Jxliee) like this.
  2. Hey there!

Unfortunately, I personally don't agree with the idea of a team Speed Builders. One of the main reasons is the fact that I can't really see how this would work. Speed Builders, as I'm sure you already know, is a fast-paced building competition. I don't think it would be too easy to have two people work together to reach their goal of getting a perfect build. I'm really interested as to what others think, but that's just my opinion. -1

Posted Sep 11, 2020
    BookFiend123 and LittleOrangey like this.
  3. Since this is a reference to Bedrock, I cannot speak entirely with confidence about this, but if Bedrock has Master Builders, that would definitely be an option to pursue, both in Java and Bedrock. Having a team building mode in MB would definitely be a great idea, but it would not work with Speed Builders at all. Coordinating a build in a short amount of time would be difficult, not to mention trolls and other difficulties that might ruin the gameplay for many. This would also take away from the main population of the original speed builders, and also defeats the purpose of fast-paced speed building as this is more a test for an individual over a team. Great suggestion, and I definitely think it can be applied to MB, but it would not work for Speed Builders, as the costs severely outweigh the benefits, it's a -1 from me!

Posted Sep 11, 2020
  4. Hi 32yom!

I really like this idea of this game mode! If you're like me and enjoy playing with friends, then this game would be perfect for playing! I do, however, feel like the cons outweigh the pros of this game mode. The biggest con I can think of is the number of players that play Speed Builders in general. The number of players would probably increase if this game mode were available, which is a good thing, but there would also be half as many players as the original population in each game mode. With this in mind, the queue to join would be a lot longer. There aren't enough players who play Speed Builders for two modes, like in Cake Wars, Sky Wars, Survival Games, etc., where there are two game modes. Another reason, as @S1KH mentioned, there'd be people who want to play solo in a team game and end up with trolls who ruin the game for them. This could be super frustrating to the player.
    Overall, I like the idea of this game mode, but I don't think it'd be a good fit for Mineplex as of now. It sounds super fun, and I know I'd play it with my friends if it came to Mineplex! -.5

Posted Sep 11, 2020
  5. Hey there! I am a huge fan of this idea. Speed builders is one of my favorite games in Mineplex and I always thought a team mode of this would be fun. It could be changed to where your team has to make two separate builds and you both have to complete it to advance. The other option is that you have one giant build where you two must work together to complete. Overall, I think this would be super fun to experiment with and I hope to see it added. Have a nice day!

- Lucas

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  6. Hey, I actually wouldn't mind seeing this idea implemented within both platforms. Something like this could bring a pretty interesting twist to this game. With that said, there'd have to be some obvious changes within the game in order for teams to function properly. Someone mentioned above that if teams were currently implemented with the same game format that SB has now, there'd need to be some consideration on the timing that you're given and the overall difficulty level of builds. Similarly you'd need to consider the platforms and how the teaming system would work; I'd be good to hear if someone has any ideas on ways the teaming system would work since as of right now the way SB functions it wouldn't correlate well with a team based setting.

I did find this thread in specific that proposes the same idea along with some ideas on how the team setting could work. I don't want to copy what other people have stated in this thread, but it has an overwhelming amount of positive feedback with some really good points to consider if you'd like to take a look! Though, I hope to see some more responses on this thread, it's a very interesting idea, I just think it needs a bit more development in order to fully grasp how the game would function if teams were added.

Posted Sep 12, 2020
    Disgruntle and xWand like this.
  7. Hey!

I'm gonna be totally honest, I don't play speed builders much. I do know how the game works, of course.

Think of it this way:

You solo queue a teams game, and your teammate isn't very helpful. Meanwhile, your opponents are in a voice chat, memorizing each block, and getting first every time. I also don't thing this would be fair for people on the leaderboards for this game either, as they couldn't play teams. I know this might sound cool to others, but i'm gonna have to disagree.

~ Orangey

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  8. Ooh! Sounds pretty good!

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  9. Personally, I don't really see team speed builders working. I like the theory of the idea but I don't see it going over well in practice. I love Bedrock SB, it's my favourite game on the platform, and it's fun playing it with other people- I like the competitiveness with my friends and on my own, it's just as good. Working with them and random people, however, I can imagine wouldn't go as smoothly. This is because our memories aren't always the same, we don't always call and it's hard to talk in chat without wasting too much time. Plus, we are on different platforms so my placing is much slower on my phone than to my friends who use Windows10 edition. This isn't true to all phone users, you can be just as good with time and practice, but many people will and do struggle. This will be true to a lot of people who will choose to play this game.

It applies to games like SG too where one teammate may not work as well with you, but you're not completely dependant on them in SG, they help but if they die, you can still fight other people on your own- it's harder but possible. In SB if your teammate isn't working with you would likely be guaranteed to lose unless you're Usain Bolt or if every single person in your lobby is in the exact same position, which is super unlikely. If one person doesn't do anything and the other person is doing all the work, they won't always have the time to finish the larger builds, and as a result, they will lose. Not because they aren't good, but because their teammate wasn't helping.

Making the builds larger would be necessary because otherwise for a lot of people it would be way too easy, and it'd negate having a teammate for some people who'd just be able to do it on solo anyway but on the other hand, people won't be able to finish it if the teammate is not present to truly help.

You'll have three different types of teammates, one who isn't very helpful, one who works with you if you solo-queue, or people with friends in voice-calls. I like the idea, in theory, I just don't think it'd be that fun practically and would cause issues. It's just not really a team game in my opinion because of the type of game it is and how it works, you don't have to time to text them and build, people in calls will have fierce advantages over (what I believe is a lot of people, especially on bedrock) that are playing for fun at random or with friends they talk to over text and not on call.

This is something I'd see more in Master Builders because you have more creative liberty and can work separately to make more out of it, whereas in speed builders, you're working towards the same goal- memorizing and building something straight after before a timer runs out. Communication with a teammate when you're not calling is hard because the game is still quite fast-paced and can be difficult to do as fast when you're using certain platforms, eg. Phone. You don't have the time to tell them via text on a phone "oops the wrong block there" and then needing to instruct them how the build is via text.

Like @aiirr mentioned, how the game is now doesn't really correlate with a team mode. I agree with that fully and I gave my reasons as to why in the above messages. -1

If there was a way to actually make this more suitable, I would be glad to hear it. I do like SB and it is fun with friends, I just don't think it would work practically as it is now.

Posted Sep 20, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 20, 2020
    aiirr likes this.
  10. Hey!

I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. I really think Speed Builders is a good game to play solo. I think Master Builders Team would be a very good idea thought. If we were to add Speed Builders Team. Teammates could just troll you all the time to lose that round. This idea gets a -1 from me Sorry!

- GuardianInASuit | Your Friendly Mineplex Guardian

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  11. Honestly, I think this idea is great. I can't believe it's never been presented before!

Of course, such a feature does come with a lot of cons and the game itself would have to undergo some changes in order to compensate for 2 players per team.

One glaringly obvious weakness that I notice would be afk players and leavers. I think that alone would be detrimental to the features inclusion.

I'm not going to bother bringing up the remaining cons as I feel the Forum Users' before me covered that quite well.

Although, despite the cons outweighing the pros - at this point in time - the 2 player SB could be exceptionally unique and incredibly fun with friends. When playing Mineplex, I often play with close friends in Discord calls. A 2 player Speed Builders would be such a fun and chaotic vibe with friends and bring out many laughs.

Overall, with the current stance of Speed Builders, this idea isn't feasible. However, it is definitely something worth pocketing and revisiting at a later time as I feel it would be incredibly unique and intriguing.

Posted Sep 22, 2020