• 538 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8976 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Team & Kit Lobby Commands

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BakaMO, Oct 8, 2019 at 1:27 PM.

1. As the Title Says, a way for People to Set their Kit or Team w/ a Command

The reason for this is a lot of people like to use for example elder guardian or big Larry to prevent people from choosing kit / team
    And it also saves time incase you join shortly before the match begins

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 1:27 PM
  2. Hello ~~~

Before a game starts you can do /kit to change your kit while in game. I don't know if you knew this, but you can and I find it very useful when you forget to change your kit. I personally don't need this, since I am usually in parties and it auto teams us, the only time it was annoying to queue was during the Area 51 Raid Event. But people were purposely doing that so not everyone would queue raiders, since the event is over I don't think people will try to block other people as much.

I dont personally have any use for a queue command since I use party auto team, but I do see it being useful for some people. Good Job on the Idea! :)

0.5+

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 2:22 PM
  3. I agree with adding kit and team commands in game lobbies. Instead of going up to one of the kit selector NPCs, a command to use before players get teleported to the game would be very useful and save time when making a decision. The same can be said for queueing for a team, minus being able to switch teams once leaving the game lobby. In addition, adding commands for selecting kits and teams can combat issues with players trolling with gadgets and other cosmetics to prevent people from clicking on an entity. I don't see any downsides to this suggestion, and implementing these would be very convenient for situations where one would need to select kits and teams in a timely fashion.

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 5:04 PM
  4. I think that this would be a great addition for people who are experiencing issues queueing up and selecting kits. I personally haven't really had much problems apart from the area 51 raid. Pre selecting your kits in the lobby would be a whole lot easier and more convenient for people who especially like one kit. It also seems pretty easy to implement and wouldn't be time consuming. This is a great idea and would love to see it implemented! A +1 from me.

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 7:35 PM
  5. Hi!

I think this would be a pretty good idea to implement. Yeah, I can see your frustration with the Elder Guardian. I had that frustration too, and I ended up being on the opposite team. Frustrating, yeah? Besides that, I don't really see anything bad that could happen. Overall, I would like to see this implemented!
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:03 AM
  6. Yo!

I like the idea of adding in the team command. This could possibly be introduced by doing /queue (color), but the only time is see this being hard is during a game like Cake Wars Duos, where there are so many different teams that this command would become complicated to use. Other than that, I like the idea! As for the other suggestion, we already do have a /kit command that can be used to select your kit until the game actually starts (when players are allowed to move). While I do like the idea, I really do not see the current system a problem, as the only time it was hard was during Area 51 Raid due to the massive amounts of people.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 1:54 PM
  7. I mean, sure, it wouldn't hurt to have a command to choose your team. As for kits its kinda already a thing? I'm not sure how it would work exactly for the team command. It could work like with a command /team and you could choose a player you'd want to be on the same team with, and maybe it'd queue you together. Otherwise, choosing a color maybe. It might be a little complicated though, as all the teams would need some way to define them (ie yellow/red/blue). The fault in it would be in larger games such as MPS, as there are often repeated colors. So perhaps another way to do it can be thought of.

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 3:12 PM