• 2181 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10619 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Teach me how to aim small hitboxes mobs.

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by CubicalMayhem, Sep 13, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sometimes i see players which easyly hit every mob in combat, but how they aim on this small square????
    I played this game 1000+ games, and still didn't understood it.
    Killaura on legit mode?
    I have 100$ mouse, so i can't be weak in combat...
    Teach me how to hit easyly...

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Heaty, TooMuchXMas4You and Meq like this.
  2. Well, my best advice is to keep practicing, it takes time to develop skills for PvP, but it’s worth it in the end. If all goes well, then you’ll be good in no time! If not maybe look up some tips or tricks on YouTube!

Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  3. Heyo!

At first, it may come off to be very difficult to aim at smaller hitboxes, however I do have a few tips for you. If you have ever used the Skeleton kit before, this can prove to be a viable strategy due to its barrage effect. This makes it so that way you won't have to try and click on the small hitboxes, you'll just have to work on your aim. You can do this in Turf Wars, Creative mode, and any game that has bows and arrows in it really. If you don't like using a ranged kit, I suggest trying to practice on hitting smaller hitboxes in survival or to try aiming at player's feet/head just to obtain better accuracy. There are also a lot of tutorials on other social media platforms, so if you still can't seem to succeed with these suggestions, maybe some Youtube can help you out. The best you can do is keep on practicing, so keep trying. Hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Meq likes this.
  4. Thank you for advices :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you for your tips and tricks, yeah maybe practice wins.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You and Meq like this.
  5. 1. Make sure you are playing 1.8-1.8.9. Reason being is the Hurtboxes for chickens were set smaller 1.9 and up, so they'll be easier to hit in later versions.
    2. If you are talking range, then you don't have to aim too low, all projectiles use the player's 1x2 hurtbox rather than the disguise's. Also make sure you are leading your shots by aiming where they are going and not where they have been. Arrows are a bit of an exception on bigger hurtboxes though as they can cover the player's.
    3. Practice. It'll take more than a fancy mouse and 1000+ games to get good at it.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Eroil and Xukuri like this.
  6. As the players have mentioned above, practice is the best way to improve your ability to consistently hit players that have smaller hit boxes. Unfortunately, having an expensive mouse does not automatically mean you are able to hit the smaller hit boxes. I’d recommend to just continue playing SSM and you will naturally become better at hitting these people. I hope this helped!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  7. It is easier for me to hit a small mob hitbox when they are landing on the ground. Try maybe finding spots where it's easiest for you to hit the mob and dodge and use projectiles until you can move in and get the hit. This might work pretty against chicken or magma

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  8. Hey there!

I've been playing ssm for quite a while now, and I'm so used to hitting small hit boxes such as chickens, slime, magma cubes and similar! As everyone suggested, it's all down to practice practice practice! Keep on trying, keep on working hard, and soon you will be able to keep that cross hair on small hitboxes too! Perhaps work with your sensitivity to make sure it's right, as that may be stopping you from being precise and accurate. As a further note, if you aren't aware, f3 and b together actually displays entities hitboxes, so you can see where you have to hit to register the hit. To enable it, press f3 and b together, and to disable it, again, press f3 and b! Mineplex allows it, it isn't bannable or punishable at any offence!

Hope I could help!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  9. YES! Definitely use F3+B to display mob hitboxes; it makes aiming way more easier and I keep it enabled every time I play!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  10. Keep your sensitivity on the low end, maybe don't go as low as 14% (like me) but keep it down to improve accuracy.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  11. Most people summed up everything. Just keep practicing and you will get better. A tip I would give is put your FOV at 90 or 95 and lower your sensitivity to where you can control your mouse speeds.

This also helps in PVP. Hope this helped :)

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  12. Thank you all for your advices, next day post will delete.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2019
  13. Learning how to butterfly click is extremely important for a lot of pvp games, it would also help to get a mouse with a low "debounce time", which basically boost your cps while butterfly clicking. I currently own a Glorious Model O, and can click up to 22 cps if I try. Also stay on the lower side of mouse DPI, but make sure you can at least do a 720 degree turn when you drag your mouse from one side of your mousepad to the other. Having good sensitivity to the point where you're still mobile and can have decent cps is what you should be aiming for. Good luck with your games!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  14. I'd advice against using F3 + B on ssm. You'll start aiming at the wrong position to melee effectively, at least against smaller mobs.

[​IMG]
    (If you can't see the animation, here are frame 1 & frame 2)

If you are playing on 1.8, every mob has an invisible squid on top of them. You can hit this squid with melee. As you can see, chicken's hitbox for example is surprisingly big.

This is also why getting hits from above is easier in ssm than in other games, the squids make the hitboxes taller.

Higher CPS can help, yes, but it is not "extremely important".

Especially in ssm -- aiming is more important. People can suddenly change directions at great speeds using various abilities. Not to mention movement is not only horizontal, but also vertical, unlike in normal melee combat.

Aiming also gets a lot easier if you can anticipate your opponents' moves; try to pick up on how they move, and then exploit that.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  15. Thanks for the tip :D

Posted Sep 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.