• 779 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11213 Players Online
  • 10434 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

TDM

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by perfing, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I checked and the last post bringing this up i believe is from 2019, so maybe we can bring back tdm? Currently champions (especially ctf) is pretty dead so i don’t think it would hurt to try bringing back tdm. tdm is also way different from the other game modes so it could attract a new player base and definitely would bring back some old players. i just don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t exist.

Posted Mar 25, 2021
    Zyta, Paladise, dualkong and 7 others like this.
  2. Agree, I found TDM more fun than Champions DOM cause of how quick the games were - I prefer fast paced games, where DOM is quite slow and gets tedious after a while

It's kinda sad how games like these are being removed, I am not really up to date in why they did this but why not bring it back. It was a good gamemode to do a quick game and hopefully win, like bomb lobbers - but bomb lobbers is still playable for stats.

Posted Mar 25, 2021
    perfing likes this.
  3. i agree with this statement. dom is LONG, CTF is dead, and TDM was so beautiful and just perfect.

Posted Mar 25, 2021
    maevestarbaby and perfing like this.
  4. This will likely be denied for the same reason as solo CW and other similar suggestions - we don't have enough players to separate Champions into 3 different gamemodes, it would cause all 3 to start less often. You could suggest to remove either CTF or DOM, but I don't think it's a good idea to add back the third.

Posted Mar 26, 2021
    oCalz likes this.
  5. I genuinely believe there would be tdm players because it’s not necessarily splitting the player base. Sure there was some overlap but back in the day they were largely their own communities because they are such different gamemodes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2021
    90k likes this.
  6. Never really liked CTF. Would definitely rather have TDM and DOM as the 2 options.

Posted Mar 26, 2021
    perfing likes this.
  7. TDM was practically dead even when we had 8-10k players on daily, I see little hope for it to make a comeback. Personally, I wouldn't mind it coming back but I don't think it would really do much, just be another dead game that only starts when parties decide to get enough people together. I never really liked it because of it's one life and dead style, though I guess that's part of what's alluring to you guys for short games.

Posted Mar 27, 2021
  8. As much as I love TDM, bringing it back is not a good idea. Lobbies for DOM and CTF don't fill at a very fast rate, so separating the community more wouldn't help much since players will now be spread within 3 different gamemodes. I used to adore TDM, but now that I've thought about it more it seems like it was a good idea to remove it. However, I do notice that it's very hard to get achievements for wins because all games last around 10 minutes, and TDM were rounds that lasted an average of 2-3. We all miss TDM, but I don't see it coming back any time soon. ):

Posted Mar 27, 2021
  9. Also during the time when TDM was around, most of the lobbies were literally 0 or 1/10 players! I personally don't think it's necessary to bring it back, as it was already dead empty in the first place.

Posted Mar 27, 2021
  10. I believe Dulciloquy summed it up quite nicely, Champions does not have a big enough player base to continue to split up the gamemodes. Obviously there will always be people missing the gamemode that is not in play but with its current level of popularity I don't think it will be possible to bring in any more gamemodes.

Posted Mar 27, 2021
  11. I feel like before we bring back any champions game or make any changes to what games are involved with champions, we should definitely have a champions update first. I personally like CTF a lot and while I saw many others mentioning how CTF was dead and basically neglecting the fact there is currently a good community behind it with 1600ish members in the actual Mineplex community removing it doesn't seem like quite a good idea. I also understand removing DOM would be bad as well so I don't see a place for TDM currently. Like Dulciloquy said and others, if TDM was added back I highly doubt it would succeed and if it did it would hurt the champions community by dividing it. Overall -1 from me.

Posted Mar 27, 2021
  12. As someone who played TDM religiously in 2014 and achieved over 1.1k wins in a month or two, I can easily say that I would start playing Champions again if TDM made a return and I believe that other people would do the same. Players who enjoy the unique and creative game mode but don't enjoy the long, objective-driven gameplay stopped playing Champions after the TDM removal. Sure, most of the fanbase of the game was already gone due to Mineplex's overall decreasing popularity, but I do believe TDM would be a fairly good game to add back to the rotation or list of games you can play under the Champions category.

While other people's mentions of splitting the player base or not being polarizing enough to draw in more players are somewhat accurate, I do not believe the extent to which this would occur outweighs the positives it may draw. I have many friends who also played TDM years ago talking about how they quit playing Champions after a break or in the moment solely due to the removal of TDM. Once these veteran players return to Mineplex and see that their favorite gamemode is removed, it acts as an obvious deterrent.

Regardless, I think the addition of TDM with an alteration to what Champions as a whole is right now would work effectively. Simply adding the gamemode to what is available right now would do more of the player base splitting that was mentioned above. I've seen threads in the past talk about adding TDM to a constant Champions rotation, where players can pick which gamemode is to be played next. I've also seen completely removing CTF and replacing it with TDM, similar to the old days. Either way, I'd love to see this gamemode make a return for nostalgia and gameplay purposes, but simply adding it to what we have now will likely not work. More alterations would need to be made, but after that, I'd love to see the result. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Mar 27, 2021
    perfing, Skit, 90k and 1 other person like this.
  13. I would definitely love to see TDM return, I remember playing it a long time ago in 2014 or 2015 and really enjoying it. I wouldn't mind removing CTF honestly, it isn't as fun of a gamemode and clearly isn't very popular. Champions is a unique and fun game, and maybe having a shorter gamemode available would get more people interested in the community.

Posted Mar 28, 2021
    90k likes this.