• 1470 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1470 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Targetting should be bannable, also amount of cheaters is horrible and ranks' 'double standard'

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Kacper42PL, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Lately I've seen several people with either reach hacks or actual kill auras, and even though I've reported several of those, because the anti cheat is such a myth that I've ever seen it work only once on a guy that wasnt even trying to hide kill aura, every report was marked after few hours as 'expired', why? no reason specified, but Im pretty sure its because they've wasted money on ranks and some spend some time without cheats to get higher levels to get bigger trust and then began using those. Plus the most annoying about those besides is how if you point out their hacks they instantly start going though matches just to target you and try edgy insults/playing ****y in the chat for the attention they never got from parents, that should be bannable for atleast 3 days.
    Its really annoying to try and have fun on the server while besides the laggy stuff like double jump or abilities in smash mobs, or random lag spikes overall no matter how my internet works at the moment nor every fix to I've tried to reduce it, losers like these make it just frustrating to even try other mods and how there seems to be double standards for those who have spend money on the ranks.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    xeno271991 likes this.
  2. just going to quote something from the lovely @neotheater ツ here that i found from this thread.
    you can create a report on the forums at mineplex.com/reports.

you can read the rules at mineplex.com/rules. chat offenses are punishable by mutes, not bans. it is punishable, just not the way you said (three days ban).

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Fusafez, S1KH and neotheater ツ like this.
  3. Hey there!

I'm assuming you did a /report because they can get marked expired if a staff member is unable to process them in time. In this case, you are more than welcome to do a forum report @ mineplex.com/reports because these are always looked at. However since they require evidence, you should read over the Report Guide to make sure the evidence is in the proper format.

Targeting is only punishable against Content creators but if they are harassing you through the chat you can /report them for General rudeness or if you tell them to stop, General harassment. If it does look like the players are teaming though, you can report them for that.

There isn't a double standard for players who have ranks. However, since they have ranks, it is more likely that they will use closet hacks, or hacks that are hard to detect. Since Mineplex doesn't want false bans only Quality Assurance (QA) can ban closet cheaters as they have access to gwen logs which they use to determine whether someone is hacking or not. As far as I know, the only way for a QA member to know about someone closeting is you submitting a forum report as I have detailed above.

Hope this helps :)

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Kacper42PL and LegendSavedXmas like this.
  4. To summarise what people said above:

- Targetting is bannable, although only towards content creators (YT and Twitch ranks)
    - /reports are often marked as expired because there's so many of them and staff can't get to them in time. However, they do get answered - in the past approx. 30 days out of almost 30,000 /reports only less than 50% of them were unanswered - a mod mentioned in a similar thread. A lot were answered. Not all staff do them or even can do them - for an example, Trainees can't answer them because they don't have enough permissions yet. Sr Moderators can be super busy so there's not a large number answering them either. It's mainly Moderators, which there isn't many of compared to the amount of reports that come in.
    - For higher severity offenses, ALWAYS report them at mineplex.com/reports.

Also, to add:

A lot of GWEN's work revolves around kicking players it suspects and sending notifications to staff members. It only bans blatant hacks as that reduces the possibilities of false bans that can happen as a result of ping.

You can also report hackers by joining the StaffRequest community with /com join StaffRequest and then using chat by using a '!' before your message after using the command /com chat StaffRequest, to contact mods about hackers in your servers. Just mention the server, IGN, and type of hacks.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
  5. No it shouldnt be bannable

Posted Nov 15, 2020
  6. There's some misinformation here that needs to be cleared up. Firstly, the double standards you describe when it comes to the difference in players' ranks is simply a non-issue. Players are treated equally regardless of their level, their rank, their experience, and so forth. There is no difference between two Immortals teaming than two Ultras or two players who don't have a rank. The common conception is that Immortals or higher-ranked players are less likely to break rules, and in this case I completely disagree; in fact, it might well be the opposite. Newer players might not be aware teaming breaks the rules; older players might know exactly what they're doing because they have experience within the gamemode. We can't make any assumptions based on anyone's rank that changes the way we punish them.

Targeting should not be punishable - there's a huge difference between that and teaming. When we punish for teaming, we have found intent that two or more players are running/fighting together, refusing to attack each other, and so on, thus forming a team. When it comes to targeting, how do we know if that's teaming or normal gameplay behaviour? Is it not normal gameplay behaviour to attack the player who poses the biggest threat in the game? If two players so happen to favour attacking a certain player and their behaviour doesn't fall under any of the prescribed instances of teaming named above, we can never be sure - and I'm sure you're familiar with the policy "If you're not completely sure, you shouldn't go ahead and punish".

Additionally, /reports expire after a designated amount of time. Someone has to choose to process Gameplay reports to be taken to the game the reported player is in and spectate them, and this might not always get done. I apologise for the inconvenience of that; however, I wouldn't blame staff. If you reported @ mineplex.com/reports with evidence, it would be dealt with much more swiftly as forum reports have to be processed. You could also report those closet cheats you're talking about, as the average staff member processing /reports won't be a Quality Assurance member and isn't in any position to deal with closet cheating.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Fusafez and scarlet like this.
  7. I've seen you in-game and you call hacks on practically every experienced player that beats you. I'm sorry that you feel this way but I think this is a mentality issue on your part. If people are being rude to you in chat then reporting on here with screenshots or just doing /report may not be a bad idea.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Cloudy, Sven, Dom2223 and 3 others like this.
  8. Targeting is already bannable but, I can somewhat agree that its never punished only in like once in a blue moon and from what I've seen people share videos of people clearly teaming but, Teaming is kind of hard to ban people for cause it is always a mix between Targeting or Teaming. so it is very hard to ban people for teaming.

since the player base for SSM is full of very decent players now (like me ;D), people that don't normally play the game call hacks most if not all the time.

and don't even try /report, I honestly do not see the point in the command anymore since mods do not act on the reports so your better off doing it on the forums.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Kacper42PL likes this.
  9. GWEN isn't great.

Posted Nov 16, 2020
    ¡ liam ! likes this.
  10. best post ever made on this website

Posted Nov 16, 2020
  11. I second this tbh, it's pretty prominent in all of my games with him LOL

Posted Nov 21, 2020
  12. um yeah gwen bans for pretty much anything but blatant cheating

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    JetStarglaze likes this.
  13. don't really think targeting should be bannable unless it's getting really really bad to the point that you are getting followed in every single game and are getting stalked like hell. I get targeted all the time and I get super frustrated too but ig it's just part of the game. if several people are targeting you in solo gamemodes or if they are getting in a group to harass you (it happens to me all the time) then I do think you should potentially get a staff member to at least give them a warning; in which case they probably wont tbh

but yeah one thing you gotta get used to is the fact that closeters are rarely banned

Posted Nov 22, 2020
    Anna ♡ and Paladise like this.
  14. I strongly disagree that targeting should be bannable, as if you want to win the game you'd want to kill the person that is the strongest threat to you correct? You need to kill people in order to win a game, if you see someone is easy to take out of the game by targeting them off the bat and collect their stuff is a game like Survival Games that is how the game is intended to be played. I know it's frustrating to get targetted, but I'm sure all of us have targeted someone at least some point.

In a game of survival games for example, I had near full iron armor and a stone sword. I saw someone who had iron boots, and an iron sword so I targeted them in order to obtain the missing armor and sword I wanted to make myself stronger and chased them halfway across the map to do so. It would be wrong to ban players for doing stuff such as this, as it's how games like skywars and survival games work.

I know in SSM this applies a little bit differently, but lets say that there are three people left with one life. In this case, a creeper and a squid. The Creeper killed me three times, and all the squid do was run away and I killed him twice easily. I'd want to target the creeper, to get the main threat out of the game in order to win as I feel I can kill the squid easily. It's a part of some player's strategies to win including myself, which should not be banned as you have to eventually kill people to win the game.

Posted Nov 24, 2020