• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11940 Players Online
  • 9050 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Take out the timers and such from your main HUD.

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Aeriql, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Ok this has really gotten on my nerves. Especially on gladiators, the main timer and FIGHT! thing takes up most of your screen and is really annoying to fight in some games.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Jackc1307 likes this.
  2. Hi there,

I haven't experienced any timer which covers up most of my screen, could you please elaborate?

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  3. when you play gladiators, you know how the countdown timer takes up 3/4 of your screen? and then the FIGHT announcement lasts for like 6 seconds? the timer should just be in the chat, not interfere with your fight

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Jackc1307 likes this.
  4. Hey,

I am actually quite familiar with this concept. There are many different maps in games like Gladiators that have their times set to night [18,000 ticks], which makes the brightness of the letters on your screen make it impossible to move around the map without being in f1.

Personally, I wish there was a /pref option that allowed you to completely remove these types of text from your screen. I mean, in games like Gladiators, I do not need to see the constant "PLEASE WAIT" before the other person joins the game when in a lobby of <16 players. Also, I do not need to see things like "CAKE EATEN" on my entire screen in cake wars. And even though it can help many players, I just don't want it there.

Having it as a /pref would be perfect, as those who like the giant text can keep it while people like myself can remove it from their screens.

-Dan

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  5. This also used to be an issue for me until I put my 'GUI Scale' to normal, which makes it, so all the titles are normal-sized. However, changing the GUI Scale is not an option for everyone, whether it just be preference or monitor resolution, so I agree with Danese on adding a /prefs option. My idea would be to toggle where you would like the alert messages to show up between the title (on-screen) or chat. Players with the 'Large' or 'Auto' setting on GUI Scale or competitive players can make alerts go to their chat, while casual players or players that don't have this issue can stick with the default on-screen messages.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Danese likes this.