• 730 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2649 Players Online
  • 1919 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

syren's belated intro :D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by xX_Syren_XxTTV77, Sep 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hii! i haven't really done a formal intro on here even though i've been on the forums for a while, so here i am! :)

Hello! My name is syrenical, but you can just call me syren/sy for short, or by my real name, sam, it's totally up to you! I am currently 15 years old and I'm in my sophomore year of high school. My birthday will be on the 19th of January, so I'll be turning 16 soon!

I haven't really thought too much about what I want to accomplish in the future, but I can definitely see myself doing something in the medical field. By "medical", I don't necessarily mean a doctor, but something that's just revolved around that field since my favorite subject is science! Besides medics, I'm also really into writing/reading, so maybe something in that field, but I mostly enjoy reading and writing for fun.

Some other hobbies I also enjoy are sewing, drawing/painting, scrapbooking, and outfit designing. I'm not an expert at sewing or drawing/painting, but it's fun to do something creative to help me cope with my anxiety. Scrapbooking is something I absolutely LOVE doing in my free time. I'm always more of a visual learner, so scrapbooking kinda releases most of the ideas I have that I keep in my mind, such as different color schemes with different themes. That's the sort of thing I try out with scrapbooking. My last hobby is probably my most favorite hobby after scrapbooking, which would be outfit designing. Outfit designing isn't necessarily a hobby, but it's something that's really fun whenever I have free time. I'm the type of person who has A TON of clothes just lying around everywhere, so I usually gather ideas from Pinterest or Instagram and I turn my hurricane of clothes into some cute outfits sometimes. I'm not the best, but I can for sure help you get a cute outfit from time to time. ;)

I'm honestly not really a sporty type of person, but the only exception for me is volleyball! I've been playing volleyball for a while now, but I just seem to NEVER get tired of it. It's just such a hype sport and I love going against other teams during tournaments. Okay besides all of that, my biggest flex ever would probably be getting onto the Varsity team as a freshman. I feel as if it's a huge accomplishment and considering it's a high team, I was surrounded by seniors, juniors, a few sophomores, and one other freshman. To be honest, it was really intimidating, but it was so much fun to play with a bunch of upperclassmen. Freshman year volleyball season was a blast, and I wish I could play this year too, but unfortunately, COVID pretty much got in the way of everything.

Besides reality, I really enjoy playing on Mineplex. My favorite games would probably be Cake Wars, Skywars, and Micro Battles, but you'll mostly find me playing in Cake Wars! I also enjoy playing on Mineplex with friends, so you'll usually find me in-game with them!

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  2. Hi Syren/Sam!!

First off, happy early birthday if I don't talk to you again soon haha! 16's a big year! :) I'm kind of with you on wanting to work in the medical field as a future job, but not necessarily a doctor, but more of a nurse, as science is also one of my best subjects! That's literally awesome that you like to read/write for fun. Not many people can say they like to do that, so that's great! I'm sure your Language Arts class is good too haha. Your hobbies also seem super fun!! When I was younger, I also had a thing for scrapbooking and sewing because I'd always watch my mom do it and wanted to try it. I don't do it as much now, but it's still definitely fun. As when it comes to outfit designing, I think that's super cool, especially when you have a lot of clothes to play around with haha. I'm also not really a huge sports person, but the two sports I play, I take pretty seriously. That's awesome that you were on varsity volleyball as a freshman! Not many freshmen are able to say that! For my school, I play golf and was also on varsity my freshman year, along with a bunch of seniors and juniors. I also play club volleyball, but just not with the school because not many schools offer men's volleyball haha. I sometimes play tennis, but not as much as I do volleyball and golf. One of my favorite games is also Cake Wars too! I also like Block Hunt and NANO games. I wish we played on the same platform so we can play together sometime. You seem like a really fun person to get to know and play with :( I do see that you're an active forum user, so maybe I'll see you around on here sometime :) Thanks for sharing!!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    xX_Syren_XxTTV77, Amg_ and Anna-Marie like this.
  3. Hi Sam!

It was really neat to read more about your hobbies and interest outside of Mineplex! I too, enjoy being creative whether it include drawing or painting. I can understand how relaxing it can be and I feel like it is an excellent way to relieve some anxiety! As @allegient™ has said above, I would like to wish you a happy early birthday because I’m not sure if I may do it on your actual birthday! I cannot even remember what my 16th birthday was like, or even what it was like in general. I would most definitely say enjoy being younger. As far as your career interest, I can seriously relate to what you would like to do. I plan on doing something within the medical or psych. field. (Not necessarily a doctor, but something within those fields) I find medical/psyc to be very interesting in many ways and I am still researching on possible future careers. And I really think it’s cool how you organize outfits! I too appreciate a sense of style and can respect that. I played sports in high school as well, and when I played volleyball for fun I actually really enjoyed it. Although, the sports I actually played competitively included track, basketball and tennis. On Mineplex some of my favorite games are Survival Games, Survival Games Teams and Nano.

Posted Sep 26, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 26, 2020