• 327 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4423 Players Online
  • 4096 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Sweat Parties (My POV of them)

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by SuperOrangeOre, Jan 27, 2021.

?

Should Mineplex do something about these sweat parties?

1. Yes

22.7%
  2. No

77.3%
  1. Isn't playing in a party just a legitimate strategy? I understand that a coordinated team playing aggressively can be hard to counter, but in the end it's both not a punishable offence but also essentially a group of friends having fun or winning. This is naturally how the game is to be played; more coordinated teams will win, regardless of them being partied or not. Being in a party and playing together simply pits that coordination against solo-q players like you, which ends badly due to less coordination and group effort.
    As many other have mentioned here, the end goal of your thread does not make sense at all: punishing (not literally banning, but putting them at a disadvantage) people for playing with friends/playing seriously would hurt MP's reputation and the health of their player base. Why not reach out to good players you come across and agree to party with them?

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  2. Good idea, however speaking from personal experience, when we're 3/4, some of us usually reach out to online friends or discord friends. If a random wants to join our party, usually we don't invite or talk to them. And most randoms we see aren't up to skill standards we have to play with.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. Just not playing cake wars is the best possible solution.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  4. How about matching parties with other parties, let those who solo queued go against other players like them, essentially matching the "good" with "good" and "bad" with "bad". I think this would even out the battlefield.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    SpitefulNick and shihanna like this.
  5. That may work but sometimes people also queue up into a game then join parties in the lobby before the game starts. You will see messages like 2/4 and then they will fill their parties.
    There would also be ways around it as you could join a lobby then get your friend to do '/server CW4-1' or whatever the server is and then party in there. It would be a bit of a pain for them but people would find ways around it so I don't think they will implement this.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  6. damn bro that sucks man. just find friends and party with them?

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  7. I think it's really how all the players in the party happen to be competitive and skilled which is were the term "sweat" comes in, if the party were not to be like that, this wouldn't have been considered a "topic" or an "issue".

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  8. Not a bad idea at all! That'd help quite a bit. Overwatch does this by ensuring parties of 2 or more to be queued with other parties, so that at least two or three people on both teams are communicating with each other: it works very well.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    SuperOrangeOre likes this.
  9. or perhaps, they could just get good and find some friends

Posted Feb 5, 2021
  10. I understand how annoying coming against a full party can be on bed wars, trust me I've been in my fair share of sweat parties. Unfortunately Mineplex really can't do anything to stop them playing with their friends. All I can recommend is that you try and join a party of your own. I have been playing solo lately and have been struggling to maintain my KD and Win Loss Ratio.

Hope to see you in game and I'm sure we can party sometime!

Posted Feb 5, 2021
  11. /hub

Posted Feb 5, 2021
  12. I'm not gonna read all of the previous replies, so sorry if someone has already said this, but if you're having an issue with sweaty parties, you can always try playing duos since there's less of a chance you'll be taken out early on due to the sheer number of teams. I stopped solo queueing 4v4's a while ago, and now I solo queue duos if I play at all, while I play 4v4's if I have a full party.

As with all team games, coordination is key, and trying to stop players from partying in CW is a bad idea in my opinion. Back when CS was live over the holidays, the idea came up a few times, but the community was against it, and that's just the nature of team games. CW isn't as bad as some others since it's only four sweats in a lobby more often than not because when multiple sweat parties are in the same lobby, all but one tend to leave; when comparing it to games like CS that can have 10-15 sweats in a party, on the same team, CW isn't that bad.

That said, if you really don't like the way CW is now, maybe play a different game for a change! I've found that after losing to a few sweaty parties, it's nice to hop into a game like TF, DMT, or MS to switch things up a bit, then if I'm still in the mood, I go back to CW. I don't play CW for stats, so I don't mind losing as long as the games are exciting, but losing every game repeatedly would stress most people, so stepping back for a while does help.

I'm sure this last one has already been said, but I'm going to throw it in because it's true: play with friends, and if you don't have any to play with, make some! I don't foresee Mineplex doing anything to stop players from partying with friends anytime soon, but my PM's on forums, in-game, and Discord are always open, and I'm sure others' are the same, so reaching out to make some friends in the community isn't too difficult, and it makes the game much more enjoyable.

Posted Feb 5, 2021
  13. bonjour!\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

I can also agree that sweat parties can be difficult and I can see how some people may get annoyed by sweaty parties. I see you mentioned a ranked version for these types of parties, and if you think this would be interesting you should put it forward to a staff member. I understand your concern about these parties, sadly mineplex cant really do anything about these parties as they are players just like us too. but as stated by people above just try lobby dodging it does create an amazing impact for your wins

Have A Wonderful Day!
    *:ꔫ:*﹤ Kehs ﹥*:ꔫ:*

Posted Feb 6, 2021
  14. i fully agree with u and wish there was something that could’ve been done to separate the sweats from the rest but i cant think of any solutions bruh. playerbase is so small that (1) there’s simply not enough people to make one cw-4 for parties and one for people without parties and (2) even if u did that people would just click the same sheep.
    goliat did tend to have a good time as do bullies
    it would be unfair to separate four lvl 100s w a collective fps of 10000 that are coordinated through vc from people that are teamed with randoms??
    im p sure it’s rather about the friends playing together against four completely uncoordinated people of which one tends to max healing station before getting resource generator
    being matched with similarly qualified people is simply not punishment

Posted Feb 6, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  15. if you were a level 100, had a fps of 2500, and were in a vc with three other level 100s, you'd be on the complete opposite side of this discussion
    just think about it that way lol

Posted Feb 6, 2021
  16. kids mad he got pubstomped too many times in a row, find friends bro

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  17. that doesnt solve the issue though- game's straight up not fun for the average player a lot of the time. Not to mention 4 coordinated average players are still gonna get stomped by a good 4 stack. "Huehue get friends" or "get good" does nothing to address the problem; the game (and to an extent the server because most mp games suffer from the same issue these days) isn't fun for anyone unless they are either getting carried or are already highly skilled and playing with other skilled players.

And yes, I have been on the stomping side of this, and yes it was enjoyable- but its just not healthy for the game.

Posted Feb 7, 2021
    ole, Fusafez and Name Tag like this.
  18. What you want to do against them is bridge to their island while they're rushing middle or another team. Most teams who rush at the start are overconfident, so that's an ez cake. Also stock on pearls to make them tilted.

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  19. ok, so i rush to emerald, get pearls, i should try that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 7, 2021
  20. i did try that once, and i got ambushed by a pro in duos ._.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 7, 2021
    shihanna likes this.