• 961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7689 Players Online
  • 6728 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Sweat Parties (My POV of them)

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by SuperOrangeOre, Jan 27, 2021.

?

Should Mineplex do something about these sweat parties?

1. Yes

22.2%
  2. No

77.8%
  1. Usually in a game of Cake Wars you can encounter a "sweat party", these types of people can ruin a game under 10 min. they go into groups of 4 rushing people's base, its worse with having bad teammates when they rush you. It takes out the fun in the game and makes it pointless with these types of people, idk if Mineplex is going to do something about this but i'd doubt it.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Juljee, Nyq and Paladise like this.
  2. i mean to be fair what could mineplex do about it anyway? and think about it on the other end, if you were in one of those parties. would feel pretty good right? it's just how the game works honestly not much can be done

you can always lobby-dodge them

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  3. Lobby dodging isnt really a good solution considering they are so prevalent that at certain times there are stompers in literally every lobby. I would honestly love a ranked version for sweats to grind but realistically I don't see that happening. Solos could also be a solution because you're not going to be ganked all the time, but I could see that going the same way with the more experienced players dominating every lobby.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    ole and scarlet like this.
  4. Hey there SuperOrange!

While I completely understand your frustration, unfortunately there is not anything that can be done in regards to the issue your experiencing. These “sweat” parties, are players that play the game regularly just as you do. There’s nothing wrong with players who play competitively and as I said above, they’re just playing the game. A solution to this issue may be lobby dodging as the wonderful @scarlet has suggested. Lobby dodging is just a form of skipping the que so you don’t have to face the more experienced players who play super competitive.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  5. Hiyaa!
    As many above has said, there's nothing that can be done about removing "sweat" parties in Cake Wars. I definitely can understand your frustration because when I was newer to the game, it did get annoying being rushed so fast by more higher skilled players. However, these players have gained a lot of skill in the game and use that and their strategies to their advantage which makes them harder opponents. The whole point of playing Cake Wars is to become more skilled at it and find the best ways to win, so it would be unfair to "do something" about players who have found the best strategies and gained the skill to win games faster than an average player.

As others above have mentioned (@scarlet, @Amg ) you can avoid these "sweat" parties by lobby dodging. Once you play Cake Wars so many times, you start seeing who are the more advanced competitive players and you can avoid them by leaving your lobby and joining another. You could also try playing more Cake Wars duos rather than standard because I find that the duos game mode still has sweats however, you have more of a chance since there are so many other teams and 2 players can't clear it out as fast as 4 can in the standard mode, if that makes sense.

Posted Jan 27, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 28, 2021
    Fusafez, anthxny and Amg like this.
  6. Just play in a party too ez dubs

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  7. just toss em a rag and some deodorant

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  8. Hey!
    I completely understand what you mean. There are those players that get 150+ wins everyday and have 15k+ in total that go round in a party every lobby charging through everyone and winning every game. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. Mineplex can't say "Sorry but you guys are too good at our game so we can't allow you to play it together." which is unfortunate for some more casual players.
    I myself am a casual SSM player and find it frustrating playing against the top players but, as others have said, you just need to leave and find an easier lobby as that is the only solution.
    Hope this helps!

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  9. Hey! Not trying to be rude but, thats like banning players for being good... You can join the CW discord and find some good parties yourself. Have a nice day <3

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Anna. likes this.
  10. a ranked section would be nice

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  11. I get 4v1'ed a lot

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  12. are you wanting mineplex to do something about friends playing together?

Posted Jan 29, 2021
    Fusafez and Anna. like this.
  13. Hello! I totally understand your frustration, but as others have said I don’t think playing with your friends is going to be something that isn’t allowed. Yes, it can be annoying especially when you’re after an achievement or something, but not much is able to be done about this. For Cake Wars in particular, I do think a solo game mode with help with this issue. Perhaps it’ll be something to see in the future, but for the time being there isn’t a whole lot that can be done.

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  14. They r literally just playing the game don't play if u don't like players playing the game

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  15. maybe just find friends to play with so you dont have to worry about "bad teammates" or better just stop complaining that other people are better and/or are playing with friends

theyre not "sweaty partys" just people that are better or have better game sense and it would only do you well to either get to their level of skill -snip-

Posted Jan 29, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 30, 2021
  16. just wait until mineplex realizes they need to implement a solos version

Posted Jan 29, 2021
    ilyLegend likes this.
  17. I believe ranked cakewars may be rejected for the same reason I've seen solo cakewars being rejected being that it will split up the playerbase. I think prototyping solo cakewars on java like I've heard it being done on bedrock would be great to test out whether the rejection reasons for the suggestion are apparent or not. I think either option solo cakewars or ranked would be amazing and may help with the issue at hand, I'm more for the solo cakewars though as it adds a new playing style and allows mostly solo queuers like myself to play without a team!

Posted Jan 30, 2021
  18. -snip-
    Damn, you didn’t have to do him like that

Posted Jan 30, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 30, 2021
  19. I see how people may get annoyed by sweaty parties within the community, because we have all certainly been in a situation where we have struggled against there amazing teamwork.

I dont understand how mineplex could do something about these parties. they form the player count of the game and i understand your concern

have a lovely day
    - tearfuls

Posted Feb 3, 2021
  20. While I do agree with your idea of a ranked version, as I don't see it coming in the forseeable future, I agree with scarlett and also say just lobby-dodge!
    Hope this helps! :)

Posted Feb 3, 2021