• 335 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6966 Players Online
  • 6631 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival Season 3: Update Design Poll

Discussion in 'Survival' started by GuardianInASuit, Oct 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A, B, and B
    Also, since Season 3 will start soon, will previous progress be reset?

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  2. They mean earning XP in Mineplex levels, not minecraft experience levels

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  3. Yup, Survival will reset for Season 3

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  4. yeah I just didn’t read it properly ahaha so I’ll probably choose A out of the other options

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  5. This sounds like a really exciting edition to survival. I might actually play more of the game if they added the in-game currency, just sounds really cool. Though like others have said I feel like it would be very easy for people to grind xp in the game. An idea of mine so that people can't just sit in the lobby to get xp, they would have to go out and do something to get xp. Ex: every time you mine a diamond you get 5-10 xp.

Other than that I am very excited to see these changes or what will be changed happen.

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  6. I'll vote for
    A
    B
    B

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  7. Here's my thoughts on season 3 survival.

XP Gain
    B. I think missions and achievements would be a great way to earn XP, and it would also give players another reason to play survival mode. Getting XP simply for playing the mode seems too easy in my opinion.

Claims
    B. I would like my claims to stay where they are. Sometimes I play a lot and sometimes I take breaks, but I always come back to play survival mode. It would be pretty annoying if I worked hard on a base and made sure it was all claimed, then took a break for a while, then logged in to see that someone else has claimed it and/or griefed it.
    I don't see why erasing claims would need to be implemented. It's pretty easy to find unclaimed land for new bases, to be honest. People just don't want to take the few extra minutes to look. I've built quite a few things over the years and have never had any issues finding places to build.

Player Warps
    A. Player warps sound like a pretty cool idea to me.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    GuardianInASuit and zapig like this.
  8. C because I don’t feel like missions doesn’t really feel like it should be in sirvial. Plus Survival would be used for AFK farming.

A because there are a ton of claims that are owned by people who haven’t been active for years. Near my base there’s claims that have been around for a year and have had no changes whatsoever. Also more raiding opportunities for my fellow raiders

B It’s a cool Idea but if warps are on the actual world instead of somewhere else like underground or some custom dimension then within a week or two people would build walls around it no matter how big the warp claim is. If it is properly secured then I would change to A

Posted Oct 25, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 25, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  9. No, this is not factions and we should not be trying to drive it in the direction of factions. For what we're trying to build here, I would prefer arenas where PvP is enabled rather than the entire map, or we might as well add some legendaries and call it Clans (that was not a suggestion).

You're right you are biased (clearly). Specifically this statement "I don't wanna open my level 100 sheet one day and have to add someone to the list with survival as their main xp source" was a huge blow to your credibility, but hey.

At the very least I agree on some level. Here's the thing: We reward people for just playing every single other game on the network, even if they don't win. If you join a game but don't do anything (e.g don't kill people, interact with quests, etc.) you don't earn XP, but that's kind of why I italicized playing. I see it as fully reasonable that you open your coveted Level 100 sheet and see some survival players in the future, if they earn that XP through things like quests, missions and achievements. I don't mean to be harsh, but your level 100 list is not really in the top 1,000 things I would think about when updating a game, or how easy it is for it to be updated. I also wouldn't make the supposition no survival player cares about their XP.

I just think what you said was a pretty harsh take on the survival community and wanted to step back and address that, and also add that I don't like the idea of giving XP just for being in the survival server either (AFK XP should never be a thing again), actively playing the game should give a form of compensation.

Agreed & noted.

Keep up the good discussion everyone!

Posted Oct 26, 2021
    maevestarbaby and zapig like this.
  10. I think in the time after I posted that I thought about it more and I can agree that players who play survival should get xp exactly how LostShrimp said it but obviously with more than just the diamonds. My view was too biased and I'll try and avoid only thinking of myself later on.

I don't ever want to come off as harsh to survival players because they can do whatever they want when playing the game. I'm not one to tell them what they can or can't do.

I guess to answer the original question Guardian had, I would pick C

Posted Oct 26, 2021
    GuardianInASuit, zapig and Fallen like this.
  11. XP Gain - C. You gain XP by doing tasks around the world (ie harvesting crops or mining ores.) & B

Just seems like the most logical option to me (with B as well) given that Survival is mainly just that grind and doing your own thing. @ForevrrFury one could argue that depending on the changes to Survival, it will become a pretty specific gamemode rather than just a survival world option thrown into the server, especially when potential ideas like auction houses, towns, missions, claim levelling (maybe) come in, or whatever players come up with. I don't think it would be fair on players to not earn XP having spent hours in Survival grinding out all of these things. If it would become similar in terms of how many features and additions there are to the game like many popular Java grindy games (like Hypixel Skyblock) it deserves to give players XP.

@Fallen also talked about it nicely how players that do play specific gamemodes already get barely any XP if they don't do things like kill people or the tasks of the game. Therefore I think we'd be doing a disservice if we did all of this just to give noone XP.

Plots (Claims) - A. If you don't play for TBD Months your claim will be removed

Quite a lot of issues with Survival data causing the servers to go down all the time as they run out of space, with one of the main causes being players exploring super far out somehow. I think removing claims for players that simply have not logged on in an insanely long time is right, that way active players can have an easier time finding a home or getting new resources from players that no longer play. It wouldn't be fun to lose your entire claim, but I assume the time would be in or around half a year which definitely sounds reasonable to me.

Player Warps - A. We should add Player Warps

I think this would be a pretty interesting idea, although I would like to hear more about it.

Posted Oct 27, 2021
    GuardianInASuit likes this.
  12. Yeah I agree with C now for the xp options because I feel like doing those tasks like mining and stuff would be better for the game and make it better than other people taking advantage of the game for xp

Posted Oct 27, 2021
  13. Thanks for all the feedback!
    We will be posting a second poll

Poll Results

XP Gain in Survival [Network Leveling]

B. You gain XP by doing missions and achievements.
    C. You gain XP by doing tasks around the world (ie harvesting crops or mining ores.)

Plots (Claims)

B. Claims will remain even if you leave for more than TBD Months

Player Warps
    These would be warps players can buy in-game and pay weekly to keep. (in-game currency)
    A. We should add Player Warps

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 30, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.