• 675 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9896 Players Online
  • 9221 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival S3 Design Poll 3

Discussion in 'Survival' started by GuardianInASuit, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before we get into this one I would like to thank you all so much for the feedback on certain Season 3 things. You all have been so helpful and I'm excited for the future of Survival. I would love to keep doing polls like this for other games.

Last Thread we talked about Redstone Permissions, Cosmetics, Claim Permissions and World Event Access. This time around we will be talking about Pets, SOTW, Claim Ranking, Player Ranking, and Survival Server Access! I know that's a lot more than our last two polls so shall we get started?

Pets
    These pets would be ones you have bought from the marketplace store or gained by opening crates
    A. I would like to see pets added to Survival
    B. I would not like to see pets added to Survival

Start of the Week
    What is the start of the week? Every start of the week a King of the Hill World Event will happen the top player of the event will gain some rewards.
    A. I would like to see a SOTW added to Survival
    B. I would not like to see SOTW added to Survival

Claim Ranking
    Claim ranking will be based on how many blocks you have placed in your claim. Each block will add a certain about of points to your claims total points.
    A. I would like to see Claim Ranking added
    B. I would not like to see Claim Ranking added

Player Ranking
    Player ranking will be based on how many quests you do and your Survival Balance. If you are in the top 3 maybe we could see an NPC of you at a Survival Spawn if that is added.
    A. I would like to see Player ranking Added
    B. I would not like to see Player ranking Added

Survival Server Access
    We all know the Survival Servers tend to go down every so often. I think it would be nice to have a UI of a random selection of Survival Servers to select. I'm Looking at you Survival-16
    A. I would like to have a Survival Server selector in the lobby NPC
    B. I would not like to have a Survival Selector in the Lobby NPC

@zapig @Fallen

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    Toastieッ and ReJo like this.
  2. Poll will close Dec 4th at 8 PM EST

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2021
    jojomusk, UnitiveBog1934 and zapig like this.
  3. BBBAA

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    Toastieッ, UnitiveBog1934 and zapig like this.
  4. A - sounds interesting.
    B - I see survival mode as a place for fun/chill. (the idea is interesting though)
    A - sounds cool, dont understand the question though.
    A - This will most likely keep players entertained since we will all have the same goal (be an NPC at spawn)
    A - please, just please.
    I have a suggestion for the survival menu: add a home search bar in the homes section.

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    Trebien, jojomusk and zapig like this.
  5. PETS:
    A. I would like to see pets added to Survival

• I have never bought pets because I'm mainly a survival player and sometimes play cake wars with friends and if this gets added I'm buying my favorite pets

Start of the Week:
    A. I would like to see a SOTW added to Survival

• this would give one more reason for players to play survival

Claim Ranking
    B. I would not like to see Claim Ranking added

• I have seen this before and yes it sounds good but it can be exploited... For example mining the whole chunk and placing blocks to build hight, and doing this multiple times.

Player Ranking
    A. I would like to see Player ranking Added

yet another thing to do within survival

Survival Server Access
    A.
    I would like to have a Survival Server selector in the lobby NPC.

• this would help a lot since servers going down does happen a lot. Especially in the more laggy servers

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    zapig and UnitiveBog1934 like this.
  6. Pets
    B.
    This doesn't interest me, taming animals I find in the survival world is enough for me.

Start Of The Week
    B.
    I don't really have anything to say about this besides that it doesn't interest me.

Claim Ranking
    B.
    I'm not sure what exactly claim rankings are, but it doesn't really interest me regardless.

Player Ranking
    A.
    Sure, why not? It's another reason to play survival.

Survival Server Access
    A.
    Yes, PLEASE add this! It's so inconvenient when the server I last saved and quit in goes down.

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  7. B
    B
    B
    B
    A

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    Toastieッ, Trebien and zapig like this.
  8. A. Yep I would feel a little less lonely, I do want my crate pets with me! (Pets)
    B. Doesn't sound hackproof. (Weekly Event)
    I would choose A if it's hackproof; if hackers could ruin it easily I'd rather not have the event at all.

B. No, no and no. Since I voted to have unlimited claims, it would encourage players to just claim plots unnecessarily. (Claim Ranking)
    B. Doesn't sound hackproof. (Player ranking)
    A. I'd love to see this added. (Server access)

Posted Nov 23, 2021,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  9. nice

Posted Nov 23, 2021
    GuardianInASuit likes this.
  10. Pets
    • A - Would be cool to have your pets in survival

Start Of The Week:

• A - Sounds like a cool idea kinda like HCF

Player Ranking:

• A - Would be cool to see people who put time into survival to be recognised

Survival Access Server:
    • A - This is an obvious no brainer we need this cuz it can help people who are locked out of their survival rather than doing /FTP

Posted Nov 25, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  11. AAAAA

Will be great!!

Posted Nov 25, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  12. B. It's survival...why would you need a pet that is useless and serves no purpose.
    B. Again it's survival. Why not worry about already known problems instead of adding useless features.
    B. Why promote using more blocks when there will be less?
    A. Again not really important but there should be more ways to recognize/reward survival players...I mean it's been how long and nobody has done anything for them yet.
    A. Yeah there's /ftp but a lot of people don't know that.

How about a poll for all of the polls so far to see who actually plays survival thats been answering the polls.
    Sorry but I dont see the point in a lot of these topics. It just seems like your trying to merge the style of the current survival to that of newer ones without actually updating the version. Why? The survival that we have now isn't even survival but whats the point in it when you have no goal to actually accomplish. No nether or end. I think theres bigger things to worry about then just cosmetics. -snip- Don't get me wrong I play survival everyday but come on now...

Posted Nov 25, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 25, 2021
    missmasch likes this.
  13. B
    A
    B- With people having many claims i don't know how on earth you could implement this into survival maybe this should be a mode of it own?
    A
    A

Posted Nov 25, 2021
    zapig likes this.
  14. He is right... survival really needs an update. If anything at least give bedrock players an update.. you update the bedrock server, you won't have any toolboxes to worry about! Cuz they won't be able to play it as it doesn't get updates right away.

Posted Nov 25, 2021
  15. Apparently you have missed the other 2 polls that we did. The point of these polls is to gain feedback on smaller features or features we GI members couldn't really agree on. These "pointless features" aren't pointless at all. They give survival players more things to do. When Season 3 starts you guys might have access to more blocks. You have no clue what we have planned out. See Poll 1. We talked about rewards and thats also what SOTW was for as well. You gain rewards for being part of the SOTW as well.

Thats the point of these Polls. We want to gain feedback on things we have planned for the new survival update

Poll 1 - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/survival-season-3-update-design-poll.215591/
    Poll 2 - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/survival-s3-update-design-poll-2.217158/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 25, 2021
    TrickyNotSure and zapig like this.
  16. A- I think it would be cool and other people couldn’t kill them which is good.
    B- to be honest don’t see the point in it as this is survival but it’s a cool idea
    B- I just think that the claim ideas that have already come up like shared claims is enough for survival and I think claim rankings just wouldn’t work as people would just claim a bunch of land and build like weird stuff on it just to gain points which wouldn’t be fair to the people that actually put the time and effort to make their builds look amazing.
    A- I think player ranking would be good as people may be competitive and want to be on the leader board so I think it’s a good idea.
    A- this 100% should be added to survival it will make it soo much better and I think most people would agree.

Posted Nov 27, 2021
  17. B
    B
    A
    B
    A

Posted Nov 27, 2021
  18. You guys really should be advertising these polls, in either the lobbies, or in the survival chat itself... People can't help if they aren't aware that they can!

Posted Nov 29, 2021
    Coolgamer123 likes this.
  19. Okay so we missed the first couple polls... (didn't know they were happening)... you realize, your giving links to threads that have been closed to further commenting. How are we too share our thoughts and opinions if we can no longer reply? Please don't single us out like that, because we're more vocal than others. That is the point after all, is it not?

Posted Nov 29, 2021
  20. LOL thats exactly what I did was give feedback. Please do explain on how having a pet in survival would not be pointless? It would literally serve no purpose what so ever besides being a cosmetic. And plus how would that give us more things to do as you cant even interact with them. RIP...I did see your other polls just didn't care to comment on them. But finally felt the need to when I read the third. Anyways though all it is is a lot of talk when you guys always have one response only..."we only have 1 dev right now" so all im trying to get at is why not worry about pre existing problems first before trying to implement more

Posted Nov 29, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.