• 270 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1313 Players Online
  • 1043 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival mode is a mess.

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Lumostark, Apr 20, 2019.

?

Do you feel like the survival mode is a mess and the efforts to fix it feel slow and non-existent?

This poll will close on Nov 20, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
  1. Agree

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Disagree

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Where do I even start? Survival mode makes no sense. From god items everywhere that can kill you in one shot and spawn hundreds of objects when they are used to kill monsters (that causes a huge lag in the game), to hackers flying like if they were in creative mode, to people with the ability to place spawns of monsters like withers that can destroy any building, even in a claimed territory. Yesterday I spent hours building a Rubik cube house and today when I returned it was totally destroyed by withers. These problems have been present for months and I see no improvements whatsoever.

To make the situation even worse, every time I try to report a hacker or a bug, the process and requirement to do so are so concrete and absurd that I end up giving up. Also, every time I try to contact a mod for a problem (recently I suffered the inability to be seen in the chat) no solution, response, or explanation is given to me and my help petitions are cancelled.

To sum up, I just wanted to show my discontent with the state of this server and encourage the people in charge of it to take it more seriously. Right now is basically the only online survival mode that I can play on Nintendo Switch and it's a mess. With the current state of the survival mode I am giving up on it, but I hope it gets fixed in the future.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  2. I'm not one who really plays Survival mode (I've only popped in for maybe 5-10 minutes at most), but I'm personally against the entire movement of Mineplex having a Survival server/set of servers. While competing networks might have them and Mineplex may see it as a means of competition, vanilla survival doesn't align with what has historically been the network's game design philosophy and it just feels lazy.

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Survival Mode not make it past Bedrock's beta phase, and I'm sure I'm not alone. It feels like a waste of development, moderation, and network resources.

Just my opinion though.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  3. I'd have to agree with @ClqssyOwl here. I haven't personally played on Mineplex's Survival mode since I don't play on Bedrock, but I don't think that the direction is right for Mineplex. It just doesn't feel like Mineplex, and the development which goes into Survival could go towards other games. Regarding the original post, I feel like Mineplex has limited creativity when it comes to Survival because there's just not a whole lot you can do.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  4. Thanks both @ClqssyOwl and @Glamourized for sharing your opinion. The problem I see is that, on Switch, there are almost no other options to play survival online so I wish it were better. I think there is only another server in which you can do it but it's too limited. I guess Switch is not the best place to play this game, although it is the only option I have.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2019
  5. Hm, I actually hadn't thought of that. Are you interested in playing Survival Mode in general, or are you looking to play online? Switch has a built-in Singleplayer mode that you can play Survival solo on, but if you're looking to play on Mineplex with friends you can try the network's Factions server; it's a fairly vanilla gamemode akin to Mineplex's survival mode, the only real difference being it allows you to create & play with groups.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  6. I like mineplex survival, the chaos, anarchy and the bugs are part of it's charm. It's kinda has that Rust appeal to it.

@Lumostark you can't get killed by god items. even if it did, which it can't, there's a keep inventory functions already so dying isnt a big deal anymore. But yeah, the huge amount of items that cause lag is a problem. As for hackers, I would think they get reported when they appear. Last week I saw a hacker was showing off flying while someone who as streaming was recording it for a report. Also, I don't think withers can even destroy blocks, they can 1 shot kill you, but they can't destroy your base. Did you maybe build your rubiks cube out of wood? because building with wood out in the open is just asking for griefers to burn it down and it's the only way for other people to destroy stuff in a claimed area. It was probably not the wither but other players that destroyed your build.

@ClqssyOwl and @Glamourized saying you're against survival and it doesn't belong in mineplex just because you don't play it is so rude to people who actually enjoy it. How would you feel if someone said that to your favorite mini game?

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  7. @jang, I had no intent for my comment to come off as rude. To be fair, Survival isn't the type of gamemode that Mineplex has historically done; I was not being rude in saying that. I was trying to say that we'll have to wait and see if it will expand out of Bedrock beta based on the number of people that play it.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  8. Claimed? God items? Buddy, this is the Survival bedrock place, not Java's Clans...

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  9. @RealDiamondKitty08 You clearly didn't play Bedrock's survival mode in Mineplex , so why are you even here?
    --- Post updated ---
    @jang Yeah. with the recent "keep inventory" function I have to agree that god items are not that annoying anymore. The building that was destroyed was made of wool. Can it be destroyed by other players? I was thinking about covering it with glass to avoid it being destroyed but I thought wool couldn't be destroyed in a claimed land. Maybe it can. Thanks for the response.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2019
    • Light Advertisement
    Excuse me,?! I did and... Oh, right. I did play Mineplex's one, but I'm thinking of -snip- one. Honestly I hate mineplex's one ;-)

Posted Apr 23, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 24, 2019