• 1809 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9766 Players Online
  • 7957 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survival getting worse and worse

Discussion in 'Survival' started by thawazp, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Whole servers unclaimed and they’ve done nothing about it now even removing buckets too there’s barely any Minecraft left at all and they are still taking more from us they just blatantly disrespect the players who pay their checks and crap all over us again and again so that new players can run around placing dirt and asking for god boxes over and over that don’t exist while the real community that built everything has mostly given up it’s really sad. The hackers and griefers are far worse than ever before because there’s no game to play or reason to play it and we have no way to protect ourselves or our builds ( or no blocks to build them in the first place even)

Posted Nov 21, 2020
  2. I was fine with 32ks getting removed. I obviously didnt like it but I was fine with it. I am not fine when many (not just one) vanilla items get removed. Now we can't check our claims using a water bucket anymore. When a lot of the claims got removed a waterbucket is how I figured out. And hackers and griefers are even worse almost everytime I get on survival I almost always see some person who just got toolbox flying around saying they are an admin. Another vanilla item I am annoyed that they removed are gapples. Now you can't defend yourself when someone shoots you. And wearing leather armor is almost impossible now that you can't use them to stop damage. And before some staff member says that gapples gave an unfair advantage just like 32ks did I can't think about a single way they impact the community in a negative way. And as wazp said above I do believe minplex is favoring the dirt shack building people who cry for not getting a Gbox for DB instead of the people who have put hours into this game.
    Thanks,
    Multi

Posted Nov 22, 2020
    Toastie, SnowyStarglaze and thawazp like this.
  3. I'm sure Mineplex is trying its for the Bedrock Players. But I have to agree with ya, MaybeMulti. But just give it a chance, because not all games came out great form beginning to end.

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    SnowyStarglaze likes this.
  4. I've been playing Survival on Mineplex since it's introduction to the server! There were many sad episodes like the removal of dupes, deletion of god items, almost full extinction of "Toolboxus Hackus Freeitemus givus" and some other stuff. We lost our access to many different items and there are still many bugs like invisible blocks or broken sugar cane, but we can still use such resources as dirt, andesite, cobblestone and other items that we can find while travelling, exploring new biomes and caves. Yes, I don't like the fact that the prices on items from nether and end have drastically increased. I also hate the fact that spawn eggs and spawners got fixed, I used to have such items as bosses' spawn eggs! The only thing I want to say is that we either need a huge revolution which seems impossible or we can just try to move on and forget about everything nice and sweet (just like in real life).

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    thawazp likes this.
  5. The game used to be perfect though :(

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2020
  6. Idk what they expect us to do in the game now? Build 4 dirt walls an sit in it? Game over we win? There’s legit no point it’s like the first 5 mins of a Minecraft world but then the progression just ends there and there’s nothing to do past it

OP OP
  7. Hi there,

I'm replying to this thread because I see a lot of confusion from both the OP and other replies. Survival has experienced a few bugs transitioning to the new version of Minecraft. Many of the things you are claiming the server removed are bugged and not intentionally removed. Enchanted golden apples and water buckets are an example of this. I asked QA whether some of these items were purposely removed and I have been informed it is a bug. The developers are aware of the bugs survival has (such as the duplication glitch) and they are working on a fix.

There are simple solutions both with regards to hackers and griefers. For hackers, you can record them and report them at www.mineplex.com/reports or by using the #report-players channel on the Mineplex discord. For griefers it isn't possible for them to grief with pistons if you claim the land around your building instead of just the building. There is no limit on claims so this shouldn't be a problem. And lastly for getting shot with flame arrows this comes under gameplay trolling, therefore, if they keep doing it you can gather evidence and report them.

Lastly with regards to removed items such as beacons or capped enchants these were removed/capped because these items were obtained by hacking. You can't complain about players flying and then say spawning items is okay. They are both hacks and both give an unfair advantage therefore it's quite right they were removed.

I do agree with you that the survival experience isn't great as of now due to the bugs, however, I'm confident that the developers will have these issues fixed in the near future.

-MC Minium

Posted Nov 23, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2020
    20LeeBrian1, andr3w and xstr4fiingx like this.
  8. People alway say that certain items give an advantage but it really doesn't. Give you the advantage to kill zombies faster? Make more dirt shacks? I can see how hacking in cw or sw would give an advantage but survival? And advantage agaisnt who? You can join ask for a Gbox (even though they dont exist) and get one within ten minutes. Also for the griefing part what difference does it make if you claim all around rather than just your house. People can still make a flying machine and get the shulkers. Honestly I dont blame them I would never do it but it would give them a rush or something exciting to do in this now boring game.
    Thanks,
    Multi

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    thawazp and Toastie like this.
  9. that’s not true though we had those items one day and gone the next without any new version coming out the issue with claims is that an entire server became unclaimed there’s no excuse for that so many people had their bases destroyed, the enchantments were easy enough to remove but that’s not the issue they removed items like eleytra beacons end rod and withers normal vanilla Minecraft items not illegal things

OP OP
  10. Again, I have spoken to Quality Assurance who have told me it is a bug and please trust me they would know better than both yourself and myself. Not to mention, enchanted golden apples disappeared after the new version came out, I know this because I had them before the update and not afterwards. As for the final items you've listed it doesn't matter if they are vanilla or not. They were spawned in using hacks and can give an unfair advantage. Lastly, I've only ever heard of one server losing all it's claims. That was unfortunate and all I can say is I'm sorry to see that this bug affected you.

-MC Minium

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  11. Can you please explain what advantage these items give? In many threads people have talked about how big of an advantage these items give but they have never explained what the advantage is.
    Thanks,
    Multi

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  12. Sure. It's not fair that some people have Elytras and can fly around whereas most people can't. If they actually went to an End ship and got one then that's different but these illegal items were spawned in by hackers so the only way to get them would be hacking or trading with hackers and that's not fair on the regular playerbase. Of course Elytra is an example I chose but the same argument can apply to most other banned items.

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  13. I have a problem with this logic. It wasn't rare. Before if you asked for an elytra in chat then you would most likely get one. I ran an experiment with this once. I had my friend join survival (never played before) and asked for a kit and an elytra and got it within 10 minutes. So if minplex is favoring the people who have played for under 10 minutes rather then the people who have put 150+ hours into it that's just dissapointing.

Posted Nov 23, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2020
    thawazp likes this.
  14. That's not true about favouring people who are new. Some people, myself included even before I became staff did not want to trade with hackers because it's wrong, therefore, it was an unfair advantage against players like myself who don't hack or want to trade with hackers.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  15. It is fair because every single player had an eleytra and all the other items now we have zero ways to travel left available no horses boats or minecarts it’s terrible and had also resulted in more hackers than ever before using flying hacks also so many players have sky bases and high up builds made almost unusable without eleytra

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 24, 2020
  16. I never hacked (I’m on Xbox and it’s not even possible) or had to trade with hackers etc and would report them all the time yet I still had all of those items there’s legit no world where that reasoning makes any sense

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 24, 2020
  17. The horses, boats and minecarts are not intentional, they are bugs. You talk about Elytras been important for skybasers, well, how did many of those skybases come to be? Fly hackers. Not all of them but many of them and I have seen fly hackers building sky bases very frequently. I don't think you understand my point. My point is elytras came from hackers, no matter how many people had them before they came into your possession. You can't complain about people fly hacking and not about people spawning in items.

You said Mineplex favours new players. I spent 5 hours gathering cobblestone and building a castle. Is it fair that new players can come along with toolbox, spawn the materials they need and build a castle with nicer blocks in half the time I did it? I don't think so. Is it fair that I have to kill several spiders to get enough string while people can use looting 200 swords and get all the string they need in one hit? I don't think so. One of the above replies questioned about spawning the wither. Is it fair that hackers or people who traded with hackers are the only ones able to spawn the wither? I don't think so, not to mention that the Wither could be used to grief claimed land. This is my final contribution to this thread as I feel my replies are getting repetitive now. If you wish for me to continue explaining my argument then please send me a private message.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  18. No those skybases were not built by hackers and any player can pillar up and build a base all of mine were made without hacks and I know many other players with skybases that were also not hackers as a mod you should know that the most popular base type on survival is sky basing and a large portion of players have them as for the wither it’s the same as what I said in an earlier reply and I got my wither skulls without ever trading with a hacker and so did most of the community and ig I saw a hacker they’d be reported, most players do not hack but yet you could not find a player without an eleytra or wither skulls etc, lastly the wither was the only boss mob that mineplex had and the only proper challenge a player looking for one could face and try to survive with a reward of nether star for beautiful beacons (which were also removed for no reason) to display your victory, there’s just no excuse for survival to be missing 80% of the vanilla Minecraft experience especially when we had it before and it was stolen from us and the awesome server thousands of us loved to play on and spend our money was ruined and we were spitefully attacked just because we enjoyed the game and weren’t 3 years old and in our first minute of joining complaining that we didn’t have everything yet and that it’s not fair etc yet even those players would have everything within a few more minutes if they can stop calling their mothers for one second and ask in chat for anything they want as many players including myself spent many hours out of the day just giving newer players any help they needed don’t you think a community who shares and has fun and wants everyone happy sounds like a nice place? Because it was but now it’s just a bunch of screaming toddlers and griefing hackers because the real community has moved on

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 24, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 24, 2020
  19. You make it sound like every person with "illegal" items hacks. In fact its probaly less then 5% of the people who had these items hacked. Most people just gave the items away to newer people.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  20. That is one big sentence

Posted Nov 24, 2020
    thawazp likes this.