• 1354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10608 Players Online
  • 9254 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Survival Games View peoples health

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by KwSWaveS, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love playing SG and its always been my favorite GameMode along with CakeWars,UHC. I just thought it would be cool if you can see how much health the person has with just a heart above the person's head under the persons username. with the number next to the heart saying 1-10 just a idea :)

WaveS

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Amg_ likes this.
  2. Hey there,

I see where you're coming from because I have also wanted to know this so many times.

However this would also make it unfair to other players who are much lower health to others yet they have better armour because then people would know to push that fight where as keeping their health a mystery actually helps (in my opinion) to help benefit the mystery of the fight and the outcome of it.

It's completely possible and I know why you're asking for this but I do agree with you in a section of this.
    I would love to know the health but maybe as like a final match between the final two people maybe to make this a lot more fair.

Overall I see where you're coming from and I love the idea however I just don't see it's value in Survival Games and I honestly couldn't imagine it.
    -1 from me.

Kind regards
    - Sake

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    KwSWaveS likes this.
  3. Yes in some cases its very annoying cause people will target you for better stats. i feel that would be most of the issue with all the tryhards lol. in a deathmatch the feature would be awesome. They also could put the status of the health if you get killed by them??

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2020
  4. Heya again,

If you weren't already aware, you can actually check the health status (and other stats) of players in the compass and hovering over the skull of the player you wish to see.
    [​IMG]
    To also help with the percentages;
    5% = half a heart
    10% = 1 full heart

- Sake

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    oCassi likes this.
  5. I really don't think we should be adding it where you can see opponents health in Sg. The main reason is because Sg is suppose to be more of that "surprise" game mode and not being able to see each others health kind of go hand and hand with that. Along with a lot of players already get mad at getting cleaned and this would just promote cleaning which isn't necessarily bad, but the majority of players are against it. Along with like the player above me stated you can use the compass to see the nearest persons health which makes this add in not really needed. Nice suggestion though!

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    KwSWaveS and Amg_ like this.
  6. Hey Epicbuilder435
    I do understand why it should not be in the Survival Games. As you guys gave me some really good information on why it should not be in the GameMode. would it be a bad thing if it showed how much health the person had if you get killed by them in the text. not the compass cause Most of the people just /hub right after they die. idk. thank you guys for the information.

WaveS

OP OP
  7. it can be in both compass and text is my point

OP OP
  8. I mean, seeing what the person health was after they've killed you is definitely quicker and it's already a thing in NANO Gladiators, so it's definitely possible. But, I don't really see a point and it just seems like a waste of time, the compass already provides means to check someone's health after you've died- including the person who killed you. Sure most people will /hub afterwards anyway and aren't bothered to check the compass, but when that's the case then there's also no point adding in the health of the person who killed you in chat. It takes about 2 seconds to take out the compass if you're curious and actually want to know, if you're /hub'ing right afterwards it's probably not really a concern of there's unless they're suspicious they're hacking- in which case they'd probably stay and check the compass. Sure it'd be a neat feature but there's no real point.

As for having it mid-game, I don't see much benefit as SG is much more "in-the-moment" and surprised based. SG has a large cleaning culture too as Epic said and this would certainly encourage it. This is already a hot topic for the SG community and great annoyance so I can imagine this would cause some issues and more complaints.

I'm personally going to say no based on the above, but if there's something else to be said I could be swayed. -1

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    KwSWaveS likes this.
  9. Hola! Thanks for the suggestion..
    Pretty well idea, but I don't see it working well for Survival Games. It's really nice in Cake Wars, as it's always a respawn game if your cake is alive. It makes more sense for the health to be displayed in Cake Wars more than Survival Games. I do see the point you have made, it's just not really necessary to have.

For sure like epicbuilder said, SG is moreso a "surprise" game and the indicator makes it more revealing and more target then there already is. My most favorite thing already about SG is there is no health indicator, so the other player won't chase after for so long. To be honest, I am always low in health so it kinda helps out haha. Nonetheless, thank you for the suggestion, and much luck in the future for the thread.
    Have a good one! <3

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Amg_, Disgruntle and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  10. Hey, this is definitely an interesting suggestion and something that has no doubt been considered in the past. In my opinion, for similar reasons stated above, this would encourage cleaning and in a fairly long game such as SG this can be particularly annoying for players. By not having a health indicator, players with low health can bluff and take higher health players by surprise. There's also the fact that players with lower health, who would be able to see players with higher health if health indicators were to be introduced, might run around the map for ages. On a game such as SG the map is huge in comparison to games such as CW which currently use the health indicator. It works nicely on this game as there aren't as many places to run to, however, introducing this change to SG would encourage more unfair fights and more game stalling in my opinion. Without Cleave from Barbarian, this could be particularly problematic in terms of unnecessarily increasing the length of games. It's food for thought though, that's simply my input so for the above reasons I'm against this idea. Thanks for the suggestion though and good luck with getting it processed!

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    CraftyAditya674, WaynePlayz and Ref like this.
  11. Yeah a health bar to show what health they’re at isn’t really the best idea ever. It’s a surprise to you who wins and who loses a fight. If a health bar appeared, you would know exactly who you could clean. It’s not impossible to get one though, you can always install a health indicator mod for your side of Minecraft.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  12. Hey!

This similar idea has been brought up many times. Unfortunately, it is not planned, as evidenced by this thread as well as many others. It is viewed to be bad for targeting and such which will affect the quality of gameplay in games like SG.

As such, I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" as well as locking it.

Thank you for sharing your idea!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    WinteryOsprey38 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.